“Pre-cruise Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Monroe, New York
“Pre-cruise Stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We selected this hotel because of their cruise port package. Worked out very well, however, upon check-in, we weren't given thorough instructions for next day trip to cruise port. Otherwise, experience was very good. Nice room, nice restaurant. We recommend it for anyone cruising out of Ft. Lauderdale..

1 Thank W2IHM
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
Thank you for the recommendation!

Chad Brunton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Depending on what you are looking for in a pre-cruise hotel, you may want to look elsewhere. My wife and I came from Canada via a plane and were looking to stay a night before the cruise to make sure we had a safety margin of time to get on the cruise ship. We also needed some supplies (sea-sickness meds, snacks, bottles of wine etc) If you are savvy with buses in foreign areas this may be the place for you as there is a train/bus depot across the street. However if you are not, then its a 10$ taxi ride to the nearest shopping area. The shopping area in question was lackluster at best having to resort to K-mart to get supplies. Unfortunately there were hotels across the street that if I ever get back to a cruise from Ft Lauderdale I may check out. But chances are I may look into something close to the Sawgrass outlet mall.

In regards to the train, yes there is a train station across from the hotel and the train arrives regularly with a horn until 10:30ish. Those of you who wish to go to bed early need not apply here.

Value, I paid 240$ for my room. I just did a quick search and you can get rooms at the Bellagio for less. I've already commented that the location is in the middle of nowhere so its not location that dives the price. I suppose there is a Bass Pro Shops next door but I'm not sure that's a plus to anyone but a fisherman. Even if all the other hotels in the area charge similar rates, its still not good value.

Otherwise the staff is nice, room was adequate, got a decent free shuttle to the port that will offer to take you to the airport afterwards.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side away from the train.
2 Thank RickL2013
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Greetings from the Cruise Port Courtyard!

Thank you for your review and please accept my apology for not providing you with a better experience. As you mentioned, our hotel is central to the bus and train station, the airport, the cruise port and at two major interstates. This allows our guests many ways to get to wherever they need to go and we should have done a better job explaining how easy and cheap it is to get anywhere from here including Sawgrass Mills, the beach, etc. I will certainly take that feedback to our front office team to ensure others do not have the same experience.

I truly hope to have the opportunity to impress you in the future and make this up to you and thank you again for making us better!

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We booked this through Expedia and read reviews - mostly positive with negatives relating to trains at night. Well, the train issue was a non issue, period. One train an hour. Perfect hospitality and the accommodations were excellent. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone who wanted a quick trip to the ship port.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank one800dave
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
So glad that you enjoyed your experience and that the train noise didn't bother you. The convenience of our location can be a bit noisy at times but we also have guaranteed quiet areas of the hotel for our lighter sleepers.

Hope to see you again!

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

Great stay! We have stayed at Marriotts for the last 40 plus yrs and even tho this hotel is very busy the staff was uniformly pleasant and helpful. The shuttles to airport and cruise port are well organized. A special compliment to Robert the nite mgr. one of the most friendly and helpful employees I have ever met. Definitely recommend this hotel

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Howard R
Thank you for the ratings and for recognizing Rob! We are lucky to have him and it means so much to us all that you took the time to share your experience.

St Paul, MN
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed at this hotel prior to our cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.
Free shuttle from airport to hotel, and free shuttle from hotel to cruise port - fantastic.
Very well organized and helpful.
Sign up for the various shuttles that go to the cruise port, and get to the lobby area on time to catch the shuttle - it's a busy place.

1 Thank DanRenee
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
I hope you enjoyed your cruise as well and hopefully we'll see you on your next one! Thank you for rating us!

Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here purely because I had an early flight from Fort Lauderdale airport and they offered a free shuttle. I arrived at around 9pm at night - I had a room overlooking the train tracks. The train honks a horn. The last one I heard was at midnight - the first one at 5am - as I got up at 4.30am for my flight I was awake but if not this might have been an issue. The room was clean - the internet great - a good choice of channels on the TV - the bathroom towels were a little threadbare and there was just a sheet and a thin cover on the bed - there were no blankets in the room so I turned up the heat to keep warm. The shuttle was on time which was great as it is always nice to relay on to get to the airport on time. I would stay here again if I had an early flight and just needed to put my head down for the night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the train
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank JC1064
Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback and look forward to seeing you again!

Chad
Kingstown, St. Vincent
Reviewed January 22, 2014 via mobile

This was the second stay here for me. And again it was perfect.

I always love Courtyard Marriott hotels. They give me a nice comfortable and clean place to sleep, with decent food in the lobby. And this one was no different.

The room was clean and comfortable. Everything worked fine. When we booked we asked for a feather free room, and they forgot. But before we could close the door getting into the room a gentleman was there to change our pillows for feather free.

The staff at the desk were very friendly and had a great sense of humor.

The food is not 5 star, but that's not what you come here for. It's a great place to stay if you have things to do. If you want to stay in your hotel for your entire trip go find a resort somewhere.

People complain about the tri-rail that passes outside. But to be honest, it isn't that loud, and after the first one passes you forget it's even there.

Would be happy to go back again.

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank islandboy4ever
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to seeing you again!