Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
GreenLeadersSilver level
Orlando, Florida
“Great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here just for a quick overnight before my early morning flight from the Fort Lauderdale Airport..
Hotel was very clean and everything was in great condition.. Beds were very comfortable. Service was also great!
I highly recommend the hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Great! Thank you for your comments and for staying with us. We hope to see you again!

Chad Brunton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Durango, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at this Marriott property because it was close to the airport and had free shuttle service. This service provided a very nice convenience on our layover in Ft. Lauderdale! Everyone was very friendly and helpful as the airline lost our luggage and refused to deliver it, even though it came in on a later flight, until the morning(American if you want to know!) So the hotel provided combs, tooth brushes and tooth paste. A nice touch :)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Never any fun not having your luggage! Thank you for your comments and for staying with us.

Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

I came to this property to stay before my cruise with a few friends. The trip started off not so great. I called for a shuttle to the hotel it took about an hour or so to get to the airport. When I finally arrived at the hotel I was a little upset and I tried to voice my disappointment to the girl who checked me in I think her name was Kerin. She right away got loud with me and said its a cruise day and shuttles are behind. She was talking very fast and loud and I felt completely rushed. At this point I was about to leave the hotel but I decided to just go to my room and relax. The room was very nice and upgraded. Nice flat screen TV's very comfortable beds. Later that evening I wanted to spend the night on the town when I met a wonderful associate Erica who is the manager. She gave me wonderful recommendations about the local area. I told her about my issues in the morning and she apologized and actually listened to me. She has a wonderful professional manner about her and she turned my entire stay around. I will absolutely come back next time I am in the area! Great hotel! Just make sure you ask for the non train side.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room on the non train side
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Janice H
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Definitely sounds like one of our busy mornings with shuttles going to and from the airport and shuttles going to the cruise port. Despite how busy it can be, we shouldn't ever make you feel rushed and certainly shouldn't take that long to get you from the airport! We tell our guests between 20 and 30 minutes because if you get to the spot when our shuttle just left the airport, it can take a little bit by the time we make it all the way back around to all four terminals.

Thank you for letting us know though about your experience and I am extremely glad Erica was helpful and that you enjoyed the rest of your stay!

United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Had a nice stay here at this new(ly?) renovated Courtyard. The hotel is right next door to a train station and walking distance to Bass Pro Shop and it's probably a five minute drive to the Orlando Airport.

Check in was fast and the room nicely renovated and it even had a single sofa bed so the room could comfortably sleep five people.

I asked for the quieter side of the building opposite the railroad but we checked in late. Definitely heard the train but I'm a heavy sleeper so it didn't bother me too much but would be terrible for light sleepers.

Would still consider staying here again especially with their competitive rates and nice rooms.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Anoini2
Thank you for your candid feedback. I am happy to hear that you felt our location and value were good and I would agree, if you are a light sleeper, request a Courtyard view room as they are extremely quiet for as central and busy of a location as ours. Hope to see you again soon!

Myersville, MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

We opted to stay at this hotel due to the proximity to the cruise port and the airport/cruise port shuttle services they offered. What a great surprise. They are very organized when it comes to all of the shuttle services they offer. At the airport we had very little wait and the driver was very friendly and courteous. We found the staff at the registration desk to also have the same qualities and were very helpful with questions we had. The rooms were clean and well furnished. We were within walking distance to Islamorada Fish Company and went there for a great dinner. The next morning we used their cafe and again everyone was friendly and courteous. There were a lot of people wanting to be shuttled to the cruise terminal and we found the hotel staff to be well organized to handle the large number of people. When we do another cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale we plan on staying at the same hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for your comments! Looking forward to seeing you next time!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here for one night before our very first cruise aboard Enchantment of the Seas. We landed in FLL and called the hotel to ask where we should meet the shuttle. (The hotel provides free shuttle service from the airport to the hotel as well as from the hotel to the cruise port.) By mistake, however, we got on a different Marriott shuttle and ended up at the Spring Hill Suites. The driver, though, was nice enough to take us over to the Courtyard, which was just a few minutes away. First piece of advice, make sure you get on the right shuttle! (In fairness, the shuttle we got on at the airport said Spring Hill Suites--we just weren't paying attention and didn't think much of it, considering the shuttle came exactly where and at the exact time that the woman at the Courtyard said their shuttle would be.)

Upon arrival, check-in was a breeze. The room was on the small size but comfortable nonetheless. We changed into our bathing suits and went to the pool for a bit; we also took a dip in the hot tub, but it was oppressively hot in Fort Lauderdale in June, so that didn't last long. (It was nice that the hotel had both of these though.) However, because of the location of the pool in relation to the hotel itself, the hotel blocked the sun almost entirely in the afternoon, and there was no good place to move to get into the sun.

It started to thunderstorm on-and-off, so we came and sat in the lobby for a bit. We were meeting family for dinner but had a few hours to kill. Unfortunately, there is not much to do inside the hotel itself. This really is just a place to crash for a night on your way through Fort Lauderdale and nothing close to a destination in itself. The lobby was comfortable, though, and they had a VERY BIG fish in a large fish tank that we got a kick out of.

One other negative about the hotel amenities (or lack thereof) is that there is no restaurant or bar in the hotel. There is a small "market" with airport-quality pre-made sandwiches and snacks but nothing really appealing. It would have been nice if there was at least a bar with some bar food, but as long as you plan ahead you shouldn't run into this problem the way we did.

The location is good insofar as you want to be close to the airport and/or cruise port. It is only 5 - 10 minutes from both, and the complimentary shuttle service each way was a major plus. There is not much around the hotel if you don't have a car, but there were a few restaurants/stores within walking distance, and I never felt unsafe in the area.

Overall, our experience was positive here, and I would definitely return if the price was right.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, June 28, 2013
Nice review. I love the big fish too! I am thinking that you might have been in the lobby between 11am and 12:30pm as that is the only time our Bistro is not open. The Bistro serves breakfast, lunch and dinner and has a full bar. I will make sure our team does a better job ensuring our guests are aware of our amenities.

Thank you so much!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

Looking for a place to stay close to Port Everglade, you won't go wrong at this hotel.

Convenient
Located close to airport and port
Camera monitored parking for your car
Shuttle bus from airport
Shuttle bus to port
restaurant in hotel
restaurant nearby (however it was a disappointing visit for us)
Offer stapler/tape for luggage tags
Well run shuttle bus service

On the negative or inconvenient side:
if you forgot something for the trip, drugstore is about 10 minute drive
parking lot is not fenced in for long term stay
Some a/c units appear to be louder than others
Mattresses are approaching end of life

We cannot say enough about the service at this hotel, from front desk, to restaurant, to shuttle bus coordinator to the manager...hats off!

Don't forget that tipping is legal in North America (sense the sarcasm...no we are not in the service industry....just appreciate good service). Remember and be grateful to the folks who go the extra distance ... the restaurant server with a smile, the shuttle bus driver who smiles and lugs your heavy suitcase, the housekeeper that says "hello".

Have a great trip!

PS: We would also book this hotel for a week stay to visit Fort Lauderdale however location without a car may be an issue.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Canadians_who_travel
So glad you were well taken care of. You are correct, Outdoor World, Bass Pro Shop and Divers Direct (which are all very cool places I must say) are about the only places you can walk to from our hotel so having us arrange a taxi is usually best for runs to the drug store or grocery store.

Thank you again and we hope to see you again!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,043 reviews

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!