“Great Pre Cruise Stay”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #13 of 22 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 20, 2013

After a very long and stressful 14 hour day of traveling it was a great stay the night before an 8 day cruise, PM staff was great. Even with a very late arrival almost 10pm I was quickly on my way to the room. I will say this place was super busy but the staff was on point with everything. i had a few requests such as late night delivery options and some extra pillows and honestly made me feel like i was the only one there. I work in the hospitality industry and can honestly say the level of service is a 10 if not more!! The next morning was a bit crazy in the lobby as people were all over and lined up waiting for shuttles but again everyone was on point and knew exactly who was going where. Thank you!!
Only minor complaint is and this is true of most courtyards is that if you do not make coffee in your room you have to pay for it :(, also had to pay for milk to put in my room coffee as there was only powdered creamer in the room. Other than that it was a fantastic and relaxing stay.

Room Tip: Had a room facing the highway above the pool and did not hear a thing, trick i have learned is to le...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank daytripper813
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Thank you for the very kind comments. Especially coming from someone in hospitality, that is a true compliment. Looking forward to hopefully seeing you again!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

While I have no problem with the room and breakfast at this location. I do have a problem with the transportation service to the cruise port. My group selected the time we wanted to be transferred to the port and somehow, we did not get our selection and was placed on the last shuttle going to our cruise ship. Additionally, the shuttle was late leaving the hotel.

The front desk staff was extremely helpful and they handled the lobby traffic well.

Room Tip: If you do not like crowds, you may not want to stay at this hotel on a Saturday during cruise season...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Thank you for the nice comments and ratings. I sincerely apologize that you got bumped to a later time though. I will look in to this as it is rare. I hope you had a great cruise!

Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel was very clean and I had a room facing the pool so I heard no noise from a train. I will say that we had a room with a king bed and a sofa bed and my friends in college had futons that were more comfortable than that thing! I'm able to look past that for one night, but I thought other potential future guests might want to be aware. My major disappointment from this hotel came from their staff. It feels like there is WAY too much going on in this hotel lobby. When we stayed there, people were going to the airport and cruise ports in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami, and there was little rhythm to the chaos. The front desk staff (two females) was not very friendly and tried to charge me more than my quoted rate online for my Park and Cruise package I booked. My package was to include one night's accommodations, transportation for 4 to and from the cruise port, and "complimentary parking." But when I checked in, they tried to charge me an extra fee to park my car there for a week! I showed them my confirmation and they said parking was only complimentary for one night. I fought them on this because that was not what was stated. Marriott needs to bill guests upfront for the extra parking fee and not try to leave it as a check-in surprise. Also, the front desk staff failed to give our family the return voucher to be brought back to the hotel by All Stars Transportation. Luckily, the All Stars coordinator (not affiliated with the hotel) asked us before we left and we had to handle it with the front desk staff, or we would have had to pay a taxi to take us back to the hotel! Whenever I feel like a company tries to take advantage of me I refuse to stay there again, so I will not be returning.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Oh dear, it certainly sounds like we were pretty busy that night but certainly should not of prevented us from understanding, explaining and ensuring that you received everything that went along with the package you purchased. I assure you that there is no attempt to hide costs. I have reviewed the packages again with our front desk team to ensure that your experience does not happen again.

If you have a moment, please reach out to me as I truly want to make sure we made it right.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We stayed here twice, one night on our way to Jamaica, and one night on our way home. We had the same room both times. Shuttle service from the airport to the hotel is fantastic. I just had to call the hotel when we had our bags, and they were there in less than 10 minutes. Drivers are very friendly and very appreciative of a tip. There is a sign up sheet for shuttle rides to the airport, starting I believe at 4:30 AM. The room and beds were very nice. A nice to stay before and after a vacation. The noise that other people have written about is there, but whatever. It's a hotel by an airport and a highway.
Now on to the bad. The service at the bistro is bad. Real bad. I have worked in the service industry for 15+ years, and this was some of the worst service I have ever experienced. When you check in, they tell you when happy hour is. Not one employee at the bistro even mentioned that to us, and from my bar tab, I don't think they even have a happy hour. The bistro is small, 1 person, with any multitasking skills, could handle it no problem. My wife and I drink Captain Diets. The bartender would have to walk all the way around to get bottles of pop to make our drinks. There are glass door coolers behind the bar with empty rows in them. They should put pop there so a bartender doesn't have to waste steps. At one point, there were 3 people ordering food in line and 3 of us at the bar. We ordered a pizza and were waiting for it to arrive, almost an hour. We had been waiting over 15 minutes for a refill when the pizza arrived. I paid for my pizza, told the front desk I wasn't waiting for my refill, and would come back down later to pay. The look on the guys face at the front desk was one of "Great, here we go again. Another complaint about the bistro".
Overall, the front desk staff, drivers, and rooms are fantastic. Eric the driver and Rachel at the front desk are fantastic. The bistro staff and food need work. If you stay here, and want to eat, take a cab to a restaurant down the street. It will be cheaper and a better time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side of the building face a fairly quiet street.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Thank you for letting us know about your experience. You make some great suggestions and I really appreciate them!

Refills on drinks should always come before your last sip and the pizza should have been to you in less than fifteen minutes.

We have reviewed your comments with our team and can truly say your experience was not our norm and hopefully we can rebuild your confidence next time you visit our hotel. The Bistro can be a great place to dine and we didn't show you that during your stay.

As always, I am available to make it up to you, just give me a call anytime.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here one night for business. Front staff were very pleasant and welcoming, checking us in quick. The rooms were great, nice-sized TV, and clean. The interior was very quiet, I felt like I was the only one there. However, my room faced I 95 and the train. The Interstate noise was negligable, but I could here the train whistle every few hours when I was awake. Im a heavy sleeper so it didnt bother me at night, but my light-sleeping coworker said it did awaken him. I d recommend a room on the opposite side for light sleepers. No ding in overall score since the hotel cant account for the train! Overall a great place (and fairly priced) to stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This Marriot is just perfect to stay before your cruise out of Fort Laurderdale. It is clean, quiet and excellent service. We stayed here just one night before an 8 day cruise and we wanted to relax before all our adventure's coming up the next week and it was a perfect choice. We had asked for early checkin because our flight time and our room was ready in the exact location we had asked for. The people that worked here were pleasant, polite and friendly. They helped us with fnding the resturants close by for diner and where to go to purchase anything we forgot for the cruise. They have a shuttle free of charge that picks you up at the airport and will take you and drop you off to shop. It was a wonderful choice. We will stay there again if we cruise out of Fort Lauderdale again. The pool is not so large but has 3 tables to sit under the umbrella if you would like. We had diner delivered and set by the pool and had a beer and pizza before we went to bed early for our cruise. The bedding is very comfortable and we slept just fine there with no disturbance from other rooms. The hotel was full but it was quiet and very very clean.The shower had great water pressure and all four of us had nice hot showers with no problems. The water tempurature was just fne. We have stayed at hotels before that the water got just warm with everyone in the hotel in the shower at the same time but not the case here. They also had a breakfast that was more than we expected. Lots and Lots to choose from. It was just a wonderful choice and we highly recomend

Room Tip: We had a 1st floor by the side door and it made the ease of exiting great. We had extra luggage for...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lgonehuntn
CRBrunton, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for a wonderful review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 19, 2013

In our search for an overnight accomodation before our cross Atlantic cruise, this was the only hotel that offered a free airport pickup and cruise-port service at a great price. It was an excellent choice with super clean rooms and a courteous staff, as well as many extras including an exercise room, great patio and outdoor pool, 24 hour coffee and tea, and a Bistro to satisfy your hunger at reasonable prices. The entire hotel is well designed with tons of open space and easy access to all facilities.
The only negative was actually the first impression as the airport pickup van did not provide you with a preview of a great stay. Infact, the van was dirty and looked handpainted. Also, the nearest restaurnat is about 3 miles away, and there is no convenient shopping for wine and other cruise goodies.
We will return for our next cruise.

Room Tip: our room was in the front, and faced the train station but was not noisy
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jhasko

Thank you for your comments. I am really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and yes, one of our busses is getting pretty old now so we have a brand new one being built that will replace it shortly. Can't wait to see you again!