“Great Location”

Ranked #13 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great Location”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Stayed at this property because it was close to the airport and it literally is less than 2 miles away. It's a typical Courtyard and I was greeted warmly. It's conveniently located near the rail station. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardFLL, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you very much for the positive feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you would return and we look forward to that!

Thanks again,
Nanyce Lanier

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Clean, modern, typical Courtyard - no issues. A bit hard to get to - and the airport shuttle runs every 30 mins...not as needed. If you want to eat dinner (and not there), you do have to drive to get there.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding our hotel. I'm happy to hear you didn't have any issues during your stay. I would definitely like to hear more about your opinion of the restaurant so we can use the feedback to continually improve. I hope you will reach out to the hotel directly. Thank you again and we appreciate your loyalty to Marriott.

Regards,
North Carolina
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We stayed at this Courtyard property the night prior to our cruise. The hotel picked us up at the airport for free and dropped us off the next morning at the cruise pier for free. The transportation was well organized and easy to use. The property is your basic no-frills Courtyard. The hotel had our feather-free room ready for us when we arrive as requested. Minus one star though because the room could have been cleaner. There were rings from glasses and dried liquid spots on the night stand and desk that I felt should have been obvious to anyone cleaning the room. Other than that, the room met my expectations and was a good value for the money we paid.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ChalupaMama
CourtyardFLL, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion of our hotel regarding your recent stay. I’m happy that the hotel was convenient for you and the shuttle service met your needs before your cruise. We do our best to anticipate the guest needs and honor requests prior to arrival and I’m pleased to hear that your room requests were met. Please accept my apologies for the room cleanliness issues. We take a lot of pride in the cleanliness of our hotel and we are disappointed that you did not have a problem free stay. We always use the feedback as a teachable moment with our staff and we have discussed the attention to detail. Thank you again and I hope you will continue to choose Marriott when you travel.

Best regards,
North Central Florida
Reviewed September 28, 2012

This hotel is a great place to stay in the SW Fort Lauderdale area if you're looking for a convenient location near I-95. The hotel was extremely clean, looked new and the staff was very friendly. Food was good with a nice selection of meals, sandwiches and beverages.

I booked the Breakfast for Two room special which was a very good value and only a few dollars a day bought a very filling breakfast (that would have cost a lot more a la carte.)

Right next door is the Bass sports outlet and the fishing museum.

Room Tip: Be aware that this hotel is near the commuter train station and an occasional train whistle in the m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased to hear that overall you were comfortable and the staff service met your expectations. Additionally, I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast at the hotel and took advantage of our stay for breakfast offer. Thank you again for the feedback and we hope that you will choose our hotel if your travels bring you back to Fort Lauderdale.

Best regards,
toronto
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Just got back from a cruise on Oasis of the seas, so we had to fly to fort lauderdale, this location is ideally situation within 10 minutes of the airport and Port Everglades where the ship is docked. Great amenities near by for food whether in the hotel or nearby the fishing museum. What I loved most was the convenience of getting to the port with the shuttle bus, very efficient and convenient. And as a Marriot property you know what to expect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
FLLHT, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for the kind words regarding your recent stay. We're very pleased to hear that we met your expectations of quality when staying at a Marriott. Thank you again to you and your family for choosing our hotel and we hope to see you in the future when your travel brings you back to Fort Lauderdale.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We checked in after buying from Priceline... turned out to be the wrong hotel... It is located beside the Amtrak drop off site so a lot of noise.

INside we found the bartender had lots of local friends... get my drift. Outside the pool area and seating were horrible...

'nuf said....

Room Tip: DO NOT stay on the tri-city railway side.. other side NOT much better....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank CrazyParrot
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced at the hotel. We are located near the Florida Tri-Rail station that allows guest to travel from West Palm Beach to Miami. We have received mixed reviews regarding the noise for the rooms facing the Tri-Rail. Some of our guests have responded that they were not impacted, but others have been. We do our best to accommodate each guest and we regret that your stay was impacted by the noise. Additionally, I have shared your comments with the staff regarding you restaurant experience. I can assure you that creating a professional atmosphere with a consistent priority to our guests is the expectation at all times. I thank you again for your feedback and I hope you will continue to choose Marriott when you travel.
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Tip #1: ask for a room opposite the train/Tri-Rail side. You will hear train whistles and noise from trains all night long. I have seen a few people say it's noisy on the other side where I-95 is close by, well, having stayed on both sides, the I-95 side is nothing compared to the loud trains and whistles.
TIp #2: the maids come early wanting to clean, so be sure to put "do not disturb" AND put the bolt on the door; I have had them barge in even when I had do not disturb on the door. If you need extra towels, etc. these maids have always seemed to have an attitude like you are bothering/annoying them.
Tip #3: Don't buy anything downstairs at the panty or the bistro, it's all way over priced. If you can get there, there is pretty much everthing from restaurants to drug stores just one exit south. I would also avoid the Islamorada Fish Co. next door in the Bass Pro Shop - it is a tourist trap and the food isn't very good, but you'll pay largely. Oh, and even a domestic beer from the pantry downstairs in the hotel is over $5.
Tip #4: A/C does work well in some of the rooms, it feels balmy and musty and it does not matter how low you set it, it will never go down. Change rooms if you get one of these.

I have had to stay there for convenience, but if I had a choice I'd stay at the Marriott Spring Hill Suites just down 95 a bit further, it costs a little bit more but is well worth it. Free breakfast there too!

Room Tip: Get on the opposite side of the train tracks. Make sure your room's a/c is working good, some r...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
CourtyardFLL, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback during your stay with us. I am disappointed to see that you were inconvenienced throughout the stay due to various reasons. We are located close the Florida Tri-Rail station with access from West Palm Beach to Miami. We have received mixed reviews regarding our proximity to the station. We do understand that while it is a convenient way to travel throughout the city the safety horn can be displeasing and we apologize for any disruption. Additionally, we apologize for the housekeeping staff disturbing you while you were attempting to relax and rest assured we have shared your comments with our team. I was surprised to hear that you didn't enjoy the restaurant next door, many of our guests are fond of that restaurant and we typically receive positive feedback, but I will be sure to share your comments with them as well for their knowledge. Thank you again for your feedback and feel free to contact me directly at the hotel if you have any additional concerns.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!