“Nice place, wish I had more time to spend there.”

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Palm Springs, California
“Nice place, wish I had more time to spend there.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

We were catching an early flight out of Ft Lauderdale so we were looking for a hotel that had shuttle service early. They have shuttle service every 1/2 hour 24 hours a day. Very convenient and prompt. Because it was still too early for breakfast, you could see a cook in the back starting to prepare for breakfast and I wished I could have stayed. It looked like it would have been great.
They did have coffee for us early travelers which was nice. Overall, you can't go wrong staying here!

Room Tip: I didn't hear anything so you don't have to worry about noise. This automatically gives the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIFLLFH, Guest Services at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Dear avanti43,

Thank you for your generous feedback! We are happy to hear your stay was satisfactory. Maybe next time you'll have time and stay with us for breakfast! Thank you once again for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise port as your choice of stay!

GSR - HGI Ft. Lauderdale

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

When I made the reservation I was offered a late check out of 2pm so I accepted. When I checked in the desk clerk confirmed the late check out. After spending the morning by the pool I went back to my room to shower. My room key turned off at noon and I was locked out of my room. The house cleaner would not let me in to the room. I went to the front deck and the clerk said there was no record of a late check out. When I explained the history she did reset my key card. Just a little inconvenience.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Dear Fred C,

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport- Cruise Port as your choice of stay. We're sorry for the little inconvinence you had regarding your late check out, these feedbacks are also used as learning tools for all of us and we will make sure next time we meet your high expectations.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

This is a pretty regular Hilton Garden level hotel.

Hotel is clean throughout and the room sizes and comfort levels are good.

On the rooms only one real reservation, the air conditioning whilst perfectly effective at cooling the room is a little like having a sherman tank in your bedroom.It really was extremely loud when it came on, not a real big deal as I had it turned off at night but when the heat cranks up and you need it on throughout it would be a real problem for me.

We used the business board rooms and these were very good, well laid out, well catered, good comms etc.All in all a good base to do a couple of days business.

A real positive here are the staff.Without exception they were friendly and extremely helpful and clearly gave a damn about the guests experience.

Has a good little pool area and decent bar, food pretty standard fare but the free shuttle service got us out to some great restaurants really efficiently

We will use this hotel again and given the value I really rate it...

Room Tip: I had a regular room and it was great. If you need a cold room to sleep bring some ear defenders as...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank richard c
Dear Richard C,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport for your recent visit to South Florida. We are pleased that you chose to stay with us. We are sorry to hear the problem you had the air conditioning and will have our Engineering team working on it right away.

Greensboro, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2013

Stayed at the HGI the Saturday before my cruise on November 9th. Place was clean, staff was friendly and helpful. The shuttle picks you up and takes you to the property. They offer shuttle service to local restaurants if you want to go out or you can eat there. I also had them arrange a cab to pick me and to take me to the cruise port the next day. They offer a shuttle service for $8 dollars a person but I decided to take my own cab. I will stay here again on a future visit to Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank DukeUSA
Dear DukeUSA,

Thank you so much for choosing The Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port as your choice of stay and thank you for such great feedback. We are happy to hear your experience was satisfactory and hope to see you again in the near future!

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

Stayed here one night prior to cruise out of the Port of Miami. It was cheaper to fly to Ft. Lauderdale than Miami, and since we arrived late in the evening we wanted a hotel near the airport. This hotel worked great. Friendly service and the airport shuttle was quick and easy. Typical Hilton Garden Inn property. Breakfast buffet was expensive ($12.95) for what was served, but we ate at the hotel, since we didn't have a car. Also, the hotel provides shuttles to both the Port of Miami and Port Everglades. However, the Port of Miami shuttle was $75 per person. We used SAS Transportation instead. They called 45 minutes before arrival, arrived within 5 minutes of when promised, and had us at the Port of Miami in less than 40 minutes. The cost was $15 per person.

2 Thank Beagleman99
Dear Beagleman99,

Thank you for your generous feedback. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn, we are always looking for ways to improve our guests' experiences.Therefore, we thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodations. We look forward to seeing you again.

Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2013

We stayed here for one night earlier this month prior to boarding a cruise ship. The shuttle service from the airport and the next day to the cruise port was satisfactory. The room was pleasant and the bed was very comfortable. However, the in-house restaurant is much too small to handle this many people in this size hotel.

When we inquired about eating dinner, we were told that we would have to wait at least one hour before we could receive any service. I believe they told us that rooms asking for room service were being helped first. This wait time was completely unacceptable, so we walked a block away and had a light dinner at McDonald's.

No type of breakfast was included with the stay. The hotel did offer a buffet breakfast, or perhaps it was a cooked to order breakfast, for the enormous price of $12.95 per person. Again, we found this completely unacceptable, and walked to a nearby fast food for our breakfast. There is a McDonald's and Burger King located very close to the facility.

Dear ESS0912,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport for your recent visit to South Florida. We are pleased that you chose to stay with us and do apologize for the issues you had with the restaurant, hopefully next time we will be able to achieve our 100% guest satisfaction with you and your family. Thank you again for choosing us as your choice of hotel in Ft. Lauderdale.

paramaribo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I had a nice stay from the 2nd till the 10th of november 2013. As a foreigner this hotel is much better than others in miami.I was mostly for training purposes and very satisfied of the excellent service. Try it out

Humphrey from Suriname

• Stayed November 2013
HGIFLLFH, Guest Services at Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
Dear husje,

Thank you for selecting the Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood as your choice of stay and thank you for your generous feedback! Our staff strives to provide the excellent service you received and look forward to seeing you again!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,730 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port? Share your experiences!