“Very Clean and Affordable”

Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Queen Creek, Arizona
“Very Clean and Affordable”
Reviewed September 26, 2011

The room was very clean and much nicer than I had expected for the price. The hotel was priced very affordable yet lots of amenities. The bed was super comfortable. The complementary bath essentials were Neutrogena so much better than others. It was close to many food choices and also close to the airport. Would stay at again if ever in Fort Lauderdale area again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Reviewed September 15, 2011

My wife and I booked one night en route to Colombia and it was a very pleasant stay with a clean room, pleasant lobby staff, and a surprise delivery of cheese cake that night for no particular reason. The next morning we had a very good breakfast for which we payed full price, a little over $30, which we thought was excessive. Later that day because of a mishap at the airport, we had to return to the hotel and make car rental and FedEx arrangements, with which the front desk staff helped very kindly and efficiently. We could not have asked for more. Later that afternoon, I swam in their pool which was large enougjh in which to do laps and very pleasant since I was the only swimmer. Each night we walked across the street to a mall at the end of which opposite \home Depot we ate at a very nice diner with lotsa great salads and ordered some sandwiches to take on the plane the next day. All in all, a trying day was made less difficult by the friendly and helpful staff at the hotel. The trip to the airport with our load of luggage was also made less difficult by the kind and helpful driver of the van.

1 Thank 1sma2
Houston, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at this location for one night in at 11pm, out by 11am, since we arrived Friday evening but our friends did not arrive till mid morning on Saturday. We were then heading to South Beach.

Upon pulling into the parking lot you can tell that the hotel is a bit older, as you can from the lobby as well, but everything was clean and inviting. The hotel is set back off the road a bit and has plenty of free parking. The check in staff was very quick to greet us on our arrival. On the first floor is the breakfast and dinner restaurant / bar. Also there is a nice business center with two PC's, a copier, printer, etc. There is also a guest laundry facility, and a very nice swimming pool (for a non resort, limited service hotel). There is an adequate exercise room. The staff was very welcoming, and the breakfast was well prepared. Breakfast was free for us since I am a HHonors Diamond member, but the breakfast was excellent and given the price was a good option versus the nearby IHOP. The breakfast is a combination of made to order and buffet. They also offer dinner in their restaurant, as well as via room service. Prices appeared to be reasonable for dinner, though we did not try the meal since we were not there during dinner hours.

Our room was a typical King room with a nice work desk, ergonomic chair, sleep number bed, (I am not a fan of the sleep number, but that's a different conversation), some have a sleeper sofa. Rooms have a microwave and refrigerator and a comfortable climate control system. Room was spotless, though a bit "old" feeling. One oddity is that the top floor rooms (which we were in) have small windows to the side of the main window and they let bright light in, with no curtains over them...very odd. Had we been staying longer, I would have requested another room, but for this one night stay, we just tucked spare pillows in the windows to block the light. The climate control works well and the AC blower can be left on for white noise. The rooms have nice LCD TV's and an acceptable number of channels. The bathroom was of an acceptable size and had all the normal amenities.

There were lots of in transit cruise passengers staying at this hotel, which is not surprising given the proximity to the airport and the cruise port. There is a shopping center across the street that could be in walking distance, though a bit far for the extended stores. For food, in walking distance is a McDonalds and a Burger King, that’s about it.

Though the hotel seemed older, it was as I said well maintained and had a neat local flair to the lobby with carved wood sea creatures, and tropical plants outside. For the price we were very happy with this location and would stay again if we were transiting through the area. (Not a location to stay for beach or sightseeing, but great for an in transit like we did.)

Room Tip: Do not take a room on the top floor if you dont like light beaming into your room 24/7
2 Thank pcsanity
NH
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I stayed here for two nights over Labor Day weekend. It appears to be a fairly new property in a small park with competing, same-tier properties. The front desk staff was pleasant upon check-in, and always greeted me when I walked through the lobby.

The common areas were immaculate, as was my room. The room had a fridge, microwave, and a reasonable amount of space. The wireless worked, and the business center was handy for printing boarding passes.

I had one light dinner and a breakfast in the bar/dining area. The food was good, and the servers and bartender were friendly.

The airport shuttle service was easy to use, on time, and with courteous drivers. Definite plus, since hotel shuttles tend to be problematic for me, especially for airport pickup.

On the downside, the A/C was cold, as I like it, but extremely noisy, to the extent that everytime it kicked on during the night, it awakened me. My earplugs didn't help much. During other times, I would have to shut it off if I had to use the phone. I did not ask the hotel to move me to another room for just one more night, so I turned it off altogether. I would rather have uninterrupted sleep than a climatically comfortable room.

I would stay here again for a layover, or I had business in the area. Otherwise, it's further from downtown and the beaches than I anticipated, and there isn't much you can do without a car.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank shortysnh
colorado
Reviewed August 19, 2011

We have stayed here before, and came back because the hotel is close to the airport and the staff is so nice. Again, they did not disappoint. Hugh, the shuttle driver was particularly helpful and the night front desk clerk (nice man, can't remember his name) was also so great to us. We will be coming back here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank islascaribe
Las Vegas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I have flown Spirit Airlines for the first and what is now our last time. We were flew from Las Vegas to Ft. Lauderdale to Jamaica Montego Bay. On our return flight our flight was delayed and we were told by spirit that there were no other flights to take us home to Las Vegas. They were very rude and didn't even apologize for the inconvenience. She told us that we would need to fly to Ft. Lauderdale, FL and stay the night and that our next flight will be the following morning with a connecting flight to Detroit then finally home to Las Vegas. My husband and I were furious that our flight was delayed, the Montego Bay airport had huge lines till we can finally check out bags in and when we find out our flight has been delayed there was no apologies for the delay or the inconvenience and basically just told us that we will miss our flight. The plus to this is I was not going to sleep in the airport and I was happy to know that we will at least be staying the night at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ft. Lauderdale Hollywood Airport.

When we arrived at the airport we called for the shuttle which showed up very promptly after we had arrived at the pick up location. We were able to make it on the first shuttle and arrived at the Hilton about 8 or less minutes after boarding the shuttle. We went straight to the check in desk which had a very friendly staff and was able to check in, in less than 5 minutes. The lobby and the entrance area was very clean and made me feel better about the fact that we are staying overnight at somewhere decent and not a dirty dump. We went to our room and it was a very nice room. It had a mini fridge which was handy for our drinks that we bought at the pantry in the lobby and it had a microwave if you wanted to heat up some food or pop some popcorn. The soaps, shampoo and conditioner was nicer than your average hotel soaps and the shower was really nice. We literally were there from 10pm - 4am so we didn't get to spend much time, but what little time we had there it was very pleasant. Charles at the front desk was very helpful and made us feel a little better about our delayed flight and stay with them. Unfortunately we were there too late so we didn't get to try out their restaurant for dinner or breakfast, but it looks like it would be really nice and quaint to eat in. I would definitely come back and stay here if I needed to for a cruise or another flight somewhere down the road. The neighborhood felt really safe. We were starving and crossed the street to McDonalds, but not all did we feel like we questioned the area we were in. They have a Taco Bell, Burger King, McDonalds and Chipotle there and I'm sure if you ate at any of them it would be nice. The unexpected stay was a nice one and I thank you Hilton Garden Inn for accommodating all the delayed flights that you encounter coming from the Spirit Airlines. Unlike your hotel I will NEVER FLY SPIRIT AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LasVegasFoodieG
Eleuthera
Reviewed July 29, 2011

The staff at Hilton Garden Inn are just awesome! They were helpful in every way and could not have been nicer to us. They truly went out of their way. The courtesy van driver, Hugh, took us to get something to eat, late night and offered lots of help with our numerous bags. There was a lovely gentleman at the front desk (can't remember his name) who was funny and helpful, and he made our difficult travel so much more enjoyable. We will be back, for sure.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/South Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port? Share your experiences!