Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
$224
$140
Hyatt.com
Hotels.com
All reviewspre cruisedollar treecruise portacross streetstrip mallhot tubbreakfast roomhollywood beachfree breakfastbagelsper personone night stayfree shuttlelast minute itemsshuttle serviceminute drivebooked this hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 19, 2007

No linens for the sofa bed. Staff could not tell us where the closest family restaurant was located. Broken window - seriously - the glass was taped! Absolutely filthy! They couldn't pay me to stay at this dump again!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbthor
Reviewed January 31, 2007

My husband and I stayed at the Sleep Inn in Dania for one night pre-cruise. The airport in Ft. Lauderdale is close to the hotel, as is Port Everglades, so this is a great hotel for pre and/or post-cruising.

After reading a review on TripAdvisor about the strong cleaning smell in the hotel, I called the hotel before our arrival just to ask them about that situation. I am extremely sensitive to all chemical smells and cigarette smoke, so I was concerned even though we were staying for one night. Those things can make me quite sick, and I didn't want to be sick for the rest of our vacation! The man I spoke with on the phone confirmed that the windows are unopenable (if that is a word) because they were all sealed shut. My husband and I assumed that this was due to the levels of high humidity in that area of Florida, and that windows open would pose a number of bigger complications - such as bugs, dangers of children playing near screen/open windows, musty smells and/or mold due to humidity, etc. The man on the phone acknowledged and understood my concern (which I told him was due to a review I had read on the hotel), and I thought that was nice - at least I knew that he was being honest and wasn't trying to deny or hide the truth. He said that upon our arrival, we could go into our reserved room and check it to see if the smell was there and was bearable (I guess some rooms can be worse than others, and it depends on the day, who was cleaning the room, etc because of the type of hard-cleaning substances they use on about 1 or 2 days a week, compared to some softer substances the rest of the week). If we thought the smell was too much, he said that we could check other available rooms and pick the one that we preferred. I thought that was a great way to deal with a guest on an "imperfect" situation. I was very pleased even before we arrived because I felt comfortable that the staff was willing to accommodate our needs as best they could.

There was a shuttle from the airport that picked us up. It was specifically a "Sleep Inn" shuttle...Easy from airport to hotel...And there was also a shuttle from the hotel to the port the next day (any day). The shuttle rides are free, but, of course, we gave the drivers decent tips because we had some pretty heavy luggage!! All we had to do was let the hotel staff know ahead of time that we wanted to get to the port, and they place your name on a list for the time you request and then call you by room number once the shuttle arrives for your transportation.

The bed was very comfortable - the room was quiet. The smell was definitely noticeable, but bearable in our reserved room, and I think I just got used to it, because I didn't really notice it after a while. Everything was very clean, and fairly new, including the bathroom facilities in the room (any bathroom besides my own usually freaks me out). I was very pleased with the cleanliness of our room and bathroom. We both slept well that night.

The staff also helped us with restaurant ideas for dinner and provided us with menus, suggestions, etc. They were very good with any question or need we had.

The next day we had a little time, so we jogged down to the beach (maybe a mile away), which has a great boardwalk - beautiful beaches there, too. We had a great time pre-cruise, and were both very pleased with our hotel choice (had spent a lot of time trying to find a decent, but not wicked expensive hotel). We would definitely recommend this hotel, especially for pre-cruise and post-cruise stays.

• Stayed: January 2007, traveled as a couple
7  Thank HeLeadethMe
Reviewed January 22, 2007

nice hotel but some probleme with the smell in few room and the pool the water not so clear need to be clean and the jaccuzzi
change the water some time...we stay there the week between christmas and new year day , please do something for the smell
in your room because your hotel is nice and good location..

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank jpierre