“Good option near the beach”

Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed October 21, 2013

In front of a little mall with Publix. Near the beach. Front desk employees always with a smile.
I have a problem with my reservation but everything went OK. They have shuttle to the airport and port. The breakfast is normal, no fruits. Good relation price-quality.

Room Tip: Bad Wifi in the farer rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patcatalano

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Staying in this hotel for a few days is an excellent idea. The beds are large and comfortable, the A/C works like a charm, the rooms are spacious. My standard room had a safe, fridge, a 32" TV and a bath tub/shower combo. Free breakfast in the morning is excellent with waffles, sausage, eggs, cereal, muffins and bagels. Fruit punch, orange/apple juice and coffee round out the drinks.

The property also has a pool, hot tub, and a fitness center that only really has a few cardio machines. All in all the service at the front desk was friendly, there was free parking, and the entire experience was fine. The hotel isn't that far from the beach though you'll need to drive over.

There is a Publix grocery store across the street, a Walgreen's next door and other small shops nearby too.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Buck M
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We booked the hotel for 2 nights in May, 2013.. Upon arrival at the airport we tried, as did fellow passengers, to reach the hotel to be picked up at the terminal. No luck. Some people gave up after 45 minutes and took a cab to the hotel. When we reached the hotel we noticed the owner had the receiver off the hook. One couple arrived in tears after taking a cab. It was only after most of the days flights were finished that I saw the owner of the hotel put the receiver back on the phone. This hotel should not be allowed to advertise free shuttle if it does not supply one! We have always stayed there in the past but will look for a better place from now on. The place is showing it's age and it is musty. My nightclothes reeked the next day of the smell of mold.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the bottom floor.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank jojoNovaScotia
Reviewed September 14, 2013

10 or 12 minutes by rental car from the airport and not much longer by the hotel's free van.

Hotel has had some upgrades in the recent past and is now much less shop worn .

Good breakfasts (more than a stale donut or sweet roll)

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be similar as to external noise etc. Some rooms are larger than others,for a p...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Robert C H
Reviewed August 20, 2013

The only thing nice about this hotel is the lobby. When we made it to our floor the whole hallway reeked of cigarette smoke. I actually held my breath until I could make in into our room and shut the door. In the AM when we woke up it was smelling in our room near the door.

The neighborhood was awful. I was expecting to witness a drug deal first hand. The only thing good about it was the proximity to the beach which was why I selected it, as my second choice. I had made reservations on Travelocity for these cute little bungalows in this general location closer to the beach, but the next day, after I had already left for our trip to the Keys, Travelocity called me to say there were no rooms available. This reservation was made with little research and I paid the price.

It looks as though others are pleased with this hotel, I however, was not. I would never stay here again nor recommend it to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank squiffy35
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed here in 2011 the night before and after a 1 day Bahama cruise and found it a very comfortable hotel with helpful staff. Very convenient for the port and on site transport to the port. Would use this hotel again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was here for a short, 2 nights visit. For the price, I'm happy with what I got and I simply don't understand the complaints of some previous reviewers. OK, so this is not a luxury hotel, but the staff was pleasant and cooperative (the night receptionist, Mr Subhan, even speaks some good French !), the neighborhood was safe, the room may have been a bit shabby but it was clean, the (small) pool was also clean, the free breakfast was quite substantial and varied, the free shuttle service to and from the airport was punctual and the drivers were nice and polite. There's a fridge and a microwave in the room, and you can buy food at the Walgreens right next door (open 24 hours) if you arrive late. Only negatives as far as I'm concerned: noisy air conditioning and windows that do not open. But for the price I paid, I can certainly live with that !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
La Quinta Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport
Super 8 Dania Fort Lauderdale Airport Port Everglades
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South

Been to Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport? Share your experiences!