“Jai Alai is alive!!”

The Casino at Dania Beach
Reviewed March 4, 2014

This was the first time I have ever seen Jai Alai live. They are fixing the venue up. I can't wait to go back and see another match. What a great way to spend a day!

Reviewed February 24, 2014

It starts in the parking lot, where the trasvel lanes are so small you can barely fit your car in them. When you get to the end of a row if there is a car there good luck turning into the travel lanes with out hitting on coming cars. Inside everything seems to be right on top of everything else. i could barely walk down the path between the slot machines. Also if they have a high roller slot area I couldn't find it.

Typical south florida customer service. i sat at the bar and ordered a beer and took a look at the menu. When the bartender brought my beer she didn't bother to ask if I wanted to order food, so I left.

I wanted to bet the Fountain of Youth stakes but they don't have any simulcast from Gulfstream. Weird since they do have simulcast from santa Anita.

Anyway I was not impressed. I think Gulfstream is the best racino in south florida.

1  Thank enrico021
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The casino is smoke-free and has two floors of slot machines. Plenty of free parking. Free sodas, water and coffee while playing. It's a small casino and most machines are penny bets, no huge Progressives here, but great for an afternoon of entertainment.

3  Thank lee9
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We like going here to watch the live action Jai Alai. You can really get into it, even if you don't know the rules, you'll pick them up. You'll be cheering for people, even if you haven't bet anything. For people who live in other parts of country where they don't have Jai Alai, it's really neat. The facility is old. It looked like they were doing some major renovations when we were there. The air conditioning system was not working ((it may have been part of the renovations) and it was pretty hot and uncomfortable inside. To go there and sit and watch is completely free. They have a snack bar and other betting going on.

2  Thank naj12
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I grew up watching jai-alai in Connecticut when my dad took me as a teenager in the 80s. Sad to see the sport struggling. It is an incredible sport that takes an immense amount of talent to master. The players really give it their all-- scaling the wall and diving to the ground for balls that travel in excess of 150mph. Took my 2 boys ages 8 and 6 to Dania Jai-Alai for an evening and they loved it! (When we got home and they went outside and tried to imitate a game of jai alai on the side of the house with a tennis ball and baseball gloves.) Admission is free, the food while not fancy is good and reasonably priced. Spent $12 to feed the 3 of us. The betting itself is inexpensive with some superfecta bets as cheap as 10 cents! Most bets in the $1-2 range. $20 will go further here than most anywhere else in South Florida. Great place for a family night or even for singles looking for something fun early in the evening before the nightclubs start filling. The game is fast and exciting to watch. We look forward to returning!

2  Thank Chris B