“Too many bad smells.”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Milwaukee
“Too many bad smells.”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Check in was quick and easy at 3am. Hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. My room was on the second floor and had by remodeled. Room smelled strongly of fresh paint. The remote control did not work for the TV and the sheets on the bed as scratchy as sandpaper. Room was barely ok for one night at $69 per night.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank drew_106

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Ok this place actually was ok at first, if you dont consider the loud noise from construction, the crazy number of drud dealers that practically run to you so you by there crack before anyone else`s. By the way they did remodel some of the rooms but its still a slum. No matter how much you polish a turd, its still a turd. The employees for the most part are extremely lazy, on the other hand a few of them were very nic and extremely helpful, you know who you are....thank you...if you stay there you better not complain about any issues with your room. They wont do anything.........,at all. The front desk wont even answer the phone after the manager leaves. Ohh, make sure you dont have to use phone because it probably wont work. They have this imaginary "Do not rent List" if you complain about anything the next time you go to ths office and pay for another day....They inform you that they cant rent to you anymor. Numerous times I asked to see in writing what ( disturbance I cause. Well they can show you the list or why you are on it......,they say its Classified. .Anyway tune in tomorrow for another installment of Motel 6, Dania beach, fl its

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank stevo4307
Reviewed November 12, 2013

I did not have high expectations for Motel 6 after reading the reviews. Pleasantly when I arrived the property was undergoing renovations and I was place in one of the already renovated rooms. At first glance the room appeared clean, however, some attention need to be placed on the clear handle of the shower in rm#281. In my opinion this is an easy fix and made me unsettled about the cleanliness of the room as a whole. Based on the previous reviews, I made sure to carry my own towel and wash rag, great decision as I found hair on almost all the towels that they provided. Again, attention to details, I wasn't really looking but it was obviously there.

On more than one occasions I observed small roaches in the bathroom, possibly due to the neighboring renovations but I cannot be sure. Staff were so-so, nothing to write home about. The TV on the wall looked nice but the cable quality was poor.

Overall, if you are on a budget Motel 6 is an ok choice, just keep in mind that its no 5 star hotel. I will consider returning only because the room itself was comfortable, wish the room had a fridge & microwave though.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sjar38
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The phone in my room was dead. Also I thought that wifi connection should have been complimentary. This was the first time I have stayed at a hotel to find out that wifi was an extra fee. And because I needed to access wifi in two different devices, I needed to separate wifi codes. It was ridiculous

At 2 am, I saw a cockroach climb up to the ceiling and I had to kill it. I did not view Motel 6 as a roach motel. I was extremely disappointed. Also my phone line was completely dead and the maintenance men indicated that they were past their knock off time. When I returned to the reception area to ask to be relocated to a different room as instructed by the maintenance men, I was informed that there were no available rooms

Also, I was a little put off by the smell in the room. Upon entering the room, I thought i was mistakenly placed in a smoking room. There was a weird odor.

I was never informed of the check-out time by reception nor was it located anywhere in the room. Due to my room phone being unavailable, I had to go back to the reception area to ask.

Had I not prepaid for the room online, I would have cancelled my reservation! It was not an enjoyable experience and not one I ever plan to repeat.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank CDRD87
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dania Beach, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear CDRD87, Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay
you had as a result of the odor and maintenance issues you experienced. These conditions are
provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Long story short, I needed a room for a few days on short notice, so I came here. Very disappointing, staff(1 in particular) was rude, shrill and arrogant. They acted very put upon when approached and asked for an ice bucket. Go figure that one out. Room was only OK, wifi did not work and hotel refused to stand behind their service. They initially offered a refund for the wifi failure but later refused to honor that. Some other reviewers are saying that there were bums and hookers about, I did not see any of that, to be fair. Do not stay here, there are plenty of decent hotels near the FLL airport(some are family owned and really nice). This one is ranked near the bottom for good reason.

Room Tip: To get a good room, rent somewhere else!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Joel V
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Motel 6 Dania Beach, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Jeol V,
Thank you for sharing your review. We apologize for the unpleasant stay you had as a result of the guest service and wifi issues you experienced. These conditions are not consistent with Motel 6 standards for quality, and we encourage you to contact our Guest Relations Department so they can have a record of your experience to help us provide our guests with better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.
Cuenca, Ecuador
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Our little Motel 6 is all grown up now. We stayed at the Motel 6 at Dania Beach, Florida and it was surprisingly clean, and bright. It has just been renovated with all new rooms, flat-screen TVs, new hardwood flooring, sinks and beds. It was so nice that we stayed longer than we planned. Other name hotels were overly expensive and the rooms were not even as nice as the Motel 6. The swimming pool was clean and sparkling everyday. It was really really nice. Thank you Motel 6 for growing up to a new standard.

Room Tip: Our room on the first floor was quiet and after rebooking for a longer stay our room on the second f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Lula C
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Like most average people, I'm just average. I like to stay in a hotel that's clean and nice, but not too fancy. Not too over the top. For someone who pays an affordable price, that shouldn't equate to being entitled to something similar to a crackhouse. I was looking to stay within a 15-20 minute drive of Aventura. I saw the listing for this Motel 6 at $46 a night. I viewed their professional photos thinking this was a great deal. I had absolutely no clue what I got myself into. First, when I approached the motel, there were people standing and hanging outside their rooms drinking, smoking marijuana, cursing, and some people staring at me. Apparently, I also ended up bringing my bathing suit for no reason. A bunch of bums stare at you, loitering outside their rooms looking at your every move. I didn't feel comfortable going in the pool. I thought someone might even try to steal some of my personal possessions from my jeans. The room I received was dirty, dusty and had an odd scent to the bedding. The cleanest part of the room was the bathroom! The motel is also rundown and in dire need of a renovation. The internet was also slow, and felt like a dial up. To top it off, they have a vending machine that sells condoms. What a sleazy, immoral and outrageous product to sell to your guests. Its right next to the stale potato chips. Do yourself a favor, pay $150 a night and stay at a nicer hotel. You owe it to yourself. The extra $110 is not worth the misery from this joint. The lady at the front desk was courteous, and my neighbor was nice enough to greet and say hello when he saw me even though was drinking and loitering outside his room. But nevertheless, he was polite. But those two positives don't add up to a good experience. I give this hotel a 0.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Sleep Inn Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Air/Seaport
Candlewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale...
#28 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Motel 6 Dania Beach? Share your experiences!