“Calm, Professional, Effective Instruction”

Private Scuba Lessons
Ranked #1 of 8 Tours in Dania Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Discover Scuba Diving-The amazing sensation of another world that will transform your life in as little as one hour, your satisfaction guaranteed! If you are:- an adventure seeker- nature lover- adrenaline hound- ocean affecionados- honeymooners- dad and mom with kids over 10 yrs oldYou will go on the ride of your life, weightless without gravity. You are an explorer, an underwater pilot, and marine life observer all rolled into one SCUBA. SCUBA = Self Contained Underwater Breathing ApparatusScuba diving is a life-changing event in another element. You are in another world. You are able to breathing submerged and move around in three dimensions. Interacting with beautifully colored marine life up close. You are the aquarium.Florida is the third largest barrier reef in the world and the largest living reef in North America. Scuba diving south Florida and beach going over 900 miles of shoreline make for the best vacation and lifestyle in the worldYour Scuba Instructor is Laura Parke. She is a Registered Nurse and Native of Miami Florida. Having Scuba Certified over 800 people with happiness and joy. Serving in her 10th year as a full time Master Scuba Diving Instructor and Trainer. Go to the phone now to make a reservation. Always pool training first and weather permitting for your ultimate safety and well-being.Only Scuba Expert Instructor that guarantees a happy and joyous scuba diving experience or your money back!
Havana, Ciudad de la Habana, Cuba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Calm, Professional, Effective Instruction”
Reviewed February 20, 2013

As a captain and rescue diver with 40 years’ experience I don’t like being treated like a newbie or being talked down to, neither do I want someone so in awe of my experience that they forget to teach me anything! So when I needed several specialty certifications to earn a Master SCUBA certification from PADI, I looked at my options carefully. I could have waited for my local dive shop to offer the courses but being from frozen New Hampshire that could take a lifetime, or I could find unknown dive shops offering the courses and jet about the world getting them done. Then I had the good fortune to locate privatescubalessons.com and Laura Parke. Laura is located in South Florida where they have warm temperatures and varied diving experiences. We tackled wreck diving, deep diving and boat diving specialty courses and Laura did a great job covering the material, teaching what PADI required and also some practical “tips and tricks” you won’t find in the course literature. Moreover, while I always felt respected I was not coddled, Laura “benched” me for several days as I had a bad cold and while I shrugged it off she insisted I not dive until she felt I was fit. Concern with safety is what characterizes a good instructor and ultimately why we take courses in the first place. I highly recommend Laura Parke to anyone interested in becoming a diver or in becoming a better diver. You won’t be disappointed.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Jack B

Sunrise, Florida
“Awesome Experience!!!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Laura Parke is a great instructor! My fiancé and I both had 1 prior scary experience of having someone take us into the water without any preparation; mine was snorkeling and his was going under with someone only sharing the oxygen in his scuba tank (no other gear). The experience we had with Laura was far different; polar opposite in a positive way. She took the time to go over the basics verbally and on paper giving us the power of information to understand prior to entering the water. She then geared us up and we went through several skill techniques in the pool. She never rushed us and let us familiarize ourselves with the equipment being on our body in a pool environment. This is a great way to get comfortable because in the hours spent in the pool I became confident and less fearful. She then took us to a perfect dive spot with lots to see and clear, calm waters. We brought our underwater camera and she was so cool with letting us enjoy the experience and she took the pictures for us. They turned out great! We would definitely do this again and recommend her to anyone. Her years of experience, communication, patience and consideration made this the best ever!

Visited January 2013
1 Thank whispers2013
LauraParke, Owner at Private Scuba Lessons, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you so much L for your nice review. Congratulations on sticking with Scuba especially when the first time wasn't so great. Sometimes it takes the right conditions, the right equipment and the right person to teach snorkeling or scuba. "Little hinges open big doors." Look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Louisville, Kentucky
“Awesome Experience!”
Reviewed August 23, 2012

I recently took open water scuba lessons through privatescubalessons.com and I couldn't be happier with my experience. My private scuba instructor, Laura Parke, made my adventure better than I could have ever possibly imagined. Laura is very knowledgeable, extremely professional, and a lot of fun! Laura was patient and taught at a pace that was perfect for me, she emphasizes safety, and she made the entire experience enjoyable and fun. I would recommend Laura and privatescubalessons.com to everyone. Thanks Laura!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Wes T
LauraParke, Owner at Private Scuba Lessons, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Thank you so much Wes for being a great customer. Loved having you come visit and
scuba dive for your first time here in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. Please come again soon and
let's go scuba diving.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“EXCELLENT EXPERIENCE~”
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I have diving experience ..I took my 2 sons & Best friend to get certified with Laura (privatescubalessons) / She is great, patient..extremely knowledgeable. I was certified from another dive shop years ago and I would recommend everyone to use Privatescuablessons instead...great job Laura! We had a blast!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank hustla33
Thank you so much for the kind words. You all were great guests and so fun to go
scuba diving with too. I hope you'll return once again in the near future. Scuba is best here in
the winter. :-)
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“This is Definitely the Place to go or learn Scuba Diving!”
Reviewed April 4, 2012

I took my suit, New BCD and new mask along and also had the dive boat folks attach the special mouthpiece you helped me pick out. Laura, the hours of refresher instruction spent with you made all the difference!

When I first visited with you on the phone, I immediately felt you understood where I was in my diving experience. You encouraged me, validated my concerns and instilled confidence that a resolution for my continued dive experience could really be something quite simple, with practice. Which it mostly was!

As it turned out your analysis of the wrong BCD and the wrong mask made all the difference in my continuing to dive! Your emphasis on being familiar with my own gear instilled the confidence I needed and did prove helpful, as my first dive without you my air was turned off but I fixed it before getting in the water.

I would encourage any friend of mine to contact you for dive instruction! You were everything I needed in an instructor and I enjoyed you!

Visited March 2012
2 Thank Loretta P
Thank you so much for writing your review. You don't know how much it will help other scuba divers in the future who've been given bad instruction and bad advice with equipment.

Letting them know that there is an alternative with the "right" instructor makes all the difference in the world. To quote your testimony. Look forward to seeing you again soon for some wreck diving, I know a place you're going to love, love, love.