“Best Thai in area”

Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Thai
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best Thai in area”
Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

Ignore the other reviews. Maybe they had growing pains and have since figured it out. All I can tell you is this place has incredible food with a very friendly staff. Prices are fair. Tiny place but done very nicely. I would high recommend to anyone.

“Fair Thai food”
Reviewed December 4, 2012 via mobile

This is a tiny hole in the wall...the service was attentive & the Thai food pretty good. Nothing fancy just the basics

florida
“DISHONEST OWNER, SCAM and $1 for Ponzu sauce - will never go back”
Reviewed March 6, 2011

Firstly, I purchased a voucher/coupon for MK Sushi and Thai on 22 Feb 2011 from restaurant.com (i.e. you pay $10 and get the value of $25, but you have to spend a minimum of $35). Restaurant.com is normally great value and gives you a way to try new restaurants fairly inexpensively - we've found a lot of new restaurants this way. Anyway, my husband and I went one week later to try the restaurant. About halfway through the meal, the waiter told us that the owner told him to tell us that after this voucher, NO MORE WOULD BE ACCEPTED. I was surprised and said "But you're still selling them on restaurant.com, and if you're still selling them, then you have to honor them." The waiter said no, they would not be honoring coupons any longer. Isn't that a fraudulent act? Knowingly selling a voucher/coupon on the internet with absolutely no intention of honoring the terms? As of today's date, 6 March 2011, there are still coupons available, even AFTER I have written to the restaurant to complain, so to me that's definitely a scam and extremely dishonest. They want to get people in there, buy food, then refuse to honor the terms of the contract on the voucher. It's rare to find this level of deception in a restaurant, and we found this most upsetting.
Secondly, I was flabbergasted that when the bill came, they had charged us $1 for literally less than a thimbleful of ponzu sauce (for the sushi). I have NEVER been charged for ponzu sauce - that's like charging for soy sauce, or a hamburger place charging for ketchup, or salt and pepper. I was appalled. I asked the waiter to show me on the menu where they stated that they charged for ponzu sauce - of course he couldn't - so I told him I was not paying the $1 so he removed it from the bill. We will never go back to a place where there is such blatant dishonesty within the management/ownership, and where they try to charge you for condiments.

• Visited March 2011