1,161 results
All reviews full kitchen two bedroom suite omelette station fort lauderdale living area mon thurs cruise port evening reception home away from home large bathroom front desk staff free shuttle free breakfast bathroom door would stay here again walk in shower shuttle service
Reviewed December 10, 2010

I won this hotel on a 3-star Priceline bid in the FLL Airport area. I was traveling for a cruise in Miami and really only wanted an airport shuttle. Thankfully this hotel provided that and much more.

Upon arrival at the FLL airport, I looked for a bank of hotel phones. Not seeing one, I pulled up the number on my phone and called the hotel. Right as I got through, however, the hotel shuttle (shared with Hyatt Place) pulled up to the hotel transportation area outside of baggage claim. I realize this was very fortuitous, and after the ride, if I had missed it, I could see a 20-30 minute wait. My trip to the property was slowed a little by a detour for a family already in the van when I boarded that was being taken to a local restaurant.

Upon arrival at the hotel, I was greeted and efficiently checked in. I was offered my choice of a low or high floor, and not caring, was given a high one. The elevator right off the lobby is a bit slow, but that is a minor complaint. I was given room 616 which seemed to be in the middle of the hallway. It had a studio feel with a full kitchen (fridge, dishwasher, microwave, etc), large couch (with pullout bed), and a room divider containing a TV that could pivot to face the couch or the king bed on the other side. The bathroom was spacious with a large walk-in shower. Wifi access was free and, while not incredibly fast, was usable with my iPad and phone.

On Mon-Thurs, a manager's reception is offered with wine, beer (Miller Lite or Yuengling I believe), and hors d'ouvres. Breakfast was also included in the morning with the usual toast, cereal, and yogurt options as well as eggs, ham, and pre-made waffles. The food pretty much aspired to average, but it was free and welcomed.

There are dining and shopping options in the area if you don't mind a bit of a walk. Down the entrance road was a Burger King and Chipotle, and across a quite busy street were more food options (McDonald's, Taco Bell, etc) as well as a strip mall with shopping opportunities (BJ's, KMart). While the hotel feels quite new, some places in the area felt a little run-down. I would not feel entirely comfortable walking around at night in the area, though I was OK in the day.

Checkout is at noon. I used SAS transportation to the pier which sent a van to pick me up at the hotel and took me to Miami for a $15 fare ... not too bad at all.

All-in-all, this was a very nice hotel with what seemed like a competent and courteous staff. While there is some stuff in the area if you want to venture out, there is nothing special in the area like a beach, etc. I wouldn't not hesitate booking here again before or after a flight.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank silentbob007
Reviewed December 4, 2010

Stayed here for a great price through Priceline for 3 nights after a cruise. Very clean, and nice. I was on the 6th flr....which was quiet, except for the housekeeping staff talking outside my door in the morning. The only downside was that housekeeping skipped my room after the second night, even though I had put the "refresh" tag in the door lock for the whole day. I did need towels, shampoo, and soap, which was delivered promptly at 6P.M., after I called the desk, but housekeeping said they would do the room in the A.M. The front desk staff is great, and very friendly. The breakfast was excellent, and the evening social was impressive as well. Room was great.....loved the swivel TV between the bedroom, and sitting area. Great Wi-Fi. My only other issue was that the elevators needed some cleaning....and the card key access for parking could be a challenge reaching from the car window. All in all, a great place!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank TommyTPA
Reviewed November 30, 2010

I chose this hotel after reading all the positive reviews about this hotel. Also we received a rate of $116 per night with our AAA discount. We stayed her before our cruise left the next day. Once we got our luggage at the airport I called for the shuttle and it was there to pick us up within 15 mins. This motel was nicer than I even could have imagined! We were going to go out for supper but the room was so nice we decided to order in and enjoy the room more. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The breakfast we had in the morning was as good as any breakfast we had on the cruise ship. I HOPE my travels take me back to southern Florida so I can stay at this hotel again! I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 24, 2010

This was a priceline steal. Last minute and got a great rate. This hotel is really exceptional. The rooms are very beautiful and clean and the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in, I am totally checking the tags on the linens so I can purchase them for my home! The breakfast was great, hot and cold items. I missed the dinner that is provided free Monday through Thursday, but there is a menu posted in the room and it looks great. Sorry I missed the Thai lettuce wraps last night! The only reason that I gave it four stars for sleep is that there is a small amount of "water noise" when people are showering, etc. It did briefly wake me.I thought the sink was on. The couch in the living area is very comfy and big enough for two good sized children, although probably only one teenager or adult. There is no separate bedroom, but the sleeping areas are somewhat divided. Bathroom and kitchen are lovely and they provide free grocery shopping if you need things picked up. I would definitely stay here again. The gym is very nice as well.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Pre cruise stay and it was excellent. Very professional and helpful personnel and would recommend it to anyone. Great happy hour and breakfast and exceptionally clean. Most of all the very helpful staff.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple