$89
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $99/night.

$93
$114
Hyatt.com
$80
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $100/night.

$99
$93
Savings alert! 21% below average rates

The price you found is 21% lower than this hotel's average rate of $118/night.

$99
$89
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

1,134 results
All reviewsfull kitchentwo bedroom suitefort lauderdalecruise portmon thursevening receptionhome away from homekitchen arealarge bathroomfront desk stafffree shuttlefree breakfastbathroom doorwould stay here againwalk in showershuttle servicenext morning
999 - 1,004 of 1,134 reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2010

My husband and I stayed here before we left for our honeymoon cruise. It was so wonderful! The room has everything you need! For budget-travelers or families, these rooms are quite roomy and have a nice kitchen. This means, making food instead of going out. The free breakfast in the morning was also quite tasty. The hotel offers a free shuttle from the airport, but unfortunately not one to the port of Miami. It was still nicer to stay here than others that offered the free shuttle service.

The location of the hotel is nice because it is isolated from the main street. It is a short walk to Barnes and Noble, McDonalds, Chipotle, Jack in the Box, and Kmart. I wish there was a grocery store within walking distance, but that is okay.

The employees were very nice and the shuttle driver who picked us up at 5 am was so personable! My only complaint is Florida driving is crazy and hazardous, but that has nothing to do with the hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aeneriz
Reviewed October 18, 2010

When we checked in it was 9:30 am and they had my room ready. I was so happy because we had just got off the cruise ship and I was tired. I had to return my car back to the airport on Friday and they came and picked me up. The following morning the shuttle was waiting to take us to the airport for our flight. The staff was excellent. I loved it there. I wish I could have stayed a few more days.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 12, 2010

I'm not one of those reviewers who writes here only if something bad happens. Most of my reviews are positive. There is a lot that is good about this property and I wish I could give it 4 stars or higher, but I can't in good conscious after being so frustrated and irritable over an incident that came from either incompetence or just not caring about a guest.

My issue was simple and routine. I needed the shuttle from the airport to the hotel. It's the main reason I choose this property, because it's near the airport and had a shuttle.

My flight arrived at the airport just after 10pm and I called the hotel for the shuttle. I was told it would be there "in no more than 15 minutes." 30 minutes passed and after watching the Best Western, Hilton, Hampton Inn and other shuttles stop by at least twice each, I called again. I was told "the driver is on his way." Another 15 minutes passed and the Hyatt shuttle finally arrived.

So either they didn't dispatch the shuttle or the driver decided not to bother with me.

When I arrived at the hotel at 11pm (god, I could've WALKED to the hotel in less time), the desk agent upgraded me to a king room as some kind of apology. An upgrade didn't mean anything to me. I just needed a good night's sleep for an early morning flight. I didn't care if I slept in a king bed or a twin.

The hotel looked rather nice in a modern, clean, extended-stay kind of way. Think of a typical Courtyard but maybe one notch nicer. There was no chance to enjoy any of the amenities since I arrived so late there. When it's late at night and you're tired and you're angry over the hotel's incompetence, it doesn't matter how nice the hotel looks. You're just angry.

You might get lucky and not have the same problem I had and have a good experience, but I just can't leave a good review. Sorry.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 8, 2010

I have stayed at this property on two separate occasions in two different room sizes. The one bedroom suite is an actual suite (contrary to the opinion of other reviewers). There is an actual door that separates the living area from the bedroom and bathroom. A unique sliding door on a track can be used to close off the bathroom from the bedroom. The full kitchen includes stainless appliances. There is a full size refrigerator with freezer and ice maker, a combination convection/microwave oven/range hood over a small 2 burner cooking surface. I know the convection oven works because I made biscuits in it. A large sink with disposal, and a dishwasher round out the main appliances. A very nice Cuisinart toaster is on the counter for bagels, etc. I drove to the nearby Publix to for my food supplies, but there is a BJs wholesale club across the street and you don't have to be a member to shop.

The attention to detail in the kitchen is amazing. Every utensil you could possibly need, even a colander and cheese grater. Nice cookware also, in case you feel motivated to cook.

I second the complaint about the slow Philips brand LCD TVs. There is a 5 second lag before the channel adjusts or volume turns up or down. Very annoying.

WiFi is a little on the slow side, but no disconnects, and adequate speed for checking email. I tried to download a subscribed TV show off iTunes, it was a bit too slow for that.

The one bedroom suite has 2 LCD TVs. One in the bedroom, one in the living area. I have not stayed in a two bedroom, but I am guessing they would have 3 LCD TVs. The living area LCD TV has a connected DVD player. Great for those with kids, but I miss the connection station and larger plasma TVs found at the Hyatt Place.

As a solo traveler, I actually grew to like the studio room better, even though I was spoiled by the one bedroom. The studio type room has 1 LCD TV that swivels between the living and sleeping area. Two hinged doors can be used to close off the bathroom. The refrigerator and dishwasher are smaller, so are the eating areas (no booth). The layout is a little different as well, you have to walk through the kitchen to get to the rest of the room. I thought the room was cozier for one person and recommend this room for business travelers.

The King Hyatt Grand Bed is always a great nights sleep and a standard I use to judge the quality of bedding in other hotels.

The bathrooms are similar in the studio and one bedroom. Wonderful marble and glass showers. One room had great pressure, the other room not so much. Since this is a new building, there may be an issue with particles blocking the water flow. If the shower pressure seems inadequate, maintenance may be able to remove the shower head and clean it out.

I also second the notion about the elevators. The main elevator by the lobby is ridiculously slow. I only used it once. I learned to use the elevator on the other side of the building.

Yes, the doors make noise when they close. Hotels have to use commercial grade door closers to ensure the doors close completely for both security and to prevent the spread of a fire. Laws may vary by state and country, but every door in every hotel in Broward county makes this same "ker-chunk" noise. I listen for that noise when I leave so I know the room is locked.

Overall, I spent a few restful nights at this hotel and I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone visiting South Florida.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank captseaton
Reviewed October 8, 2010

We stayed here one night before leaving on a cruise from Ft. Lauderdale. I had read some reviews about the strange room layout and bad shuttle service, but we could not have had a better place to stay. Yes, the room was very different with the king bed and the room divider, but it was a great bed, and the bathroom was beautiful. Having the kitchenette was also a plus. We had great service from the shuttle, both from the airport and to the cruiseport. They also took us to a restaurant for dinner, and although we had a short wait to get back, the drivers were all very nice. The breakfast was fair - a good choice of things to eat, but a small seating area. But it was free, and served our purpose. I would highly recommend this hotel for the night before or after your cruise, especially if you don't have a car.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple