“Amazing stay at an awesome Hyatt property”

HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed June 10, 2013

This hotel was just what I needed during my recent business trip to the area. My suite was comfortable, contemporary, and calming. It was so nice to come back to at the end of a long day. This hotel opened in late 2010 and the rooms are still like new. The use of color and pattern gave it a very modern feel. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The couch was comfortable. The kitchen had everything I needed and then some. The DVD player was a nice addition as I was able to rent a movie one night and play it in the living room. The bathroom was very large and clean. Wonderful shower. My only negative comment about the room would be the towels left behind a lot of lint. That might be being a little picky, but it was a little annoying to be covered in lint after showering.

The room was cold upon my arrival, but the thermostat worked really well and I was able to warm the room up quickly. Breakfast was very good. The hot options changed slightly each day. There were always scrambled eggs (sometimes with ham or melted cheese), either bacon or sausage, and either potatoes or french toast. Also your standard cereal, toast, bagels, fruit, and oatmeal. Great options for an included breakfast.

I only had the chance to go to the evening reception once, but it was nice. They have a different menu each evening. When I was there, they had a variety of pizza, chips and salsa, vegetables, and cookies. Also fountain beverages, wine, and beer were included. A very nice thing for the hotel to offer each week night. No reception on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

The fitness center was adequate with treadmills and free weights. Didn't go swimming, but put my foot in and the water was nice and warm.

The location is great! It is an easy drive to the airport, the cruise port, Fort Lauderdale town center, Hollywood Beach, and many, many food options. The staff was wonderful.

If I do return to this area, I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. I highly recommend the Hyatt House.

Room Tip: I chose a high floor which was very quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank jb1405
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear JB1405,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 954-922-0271.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I had originally booked the Hyatt Place across the street. However, when we checked in at Hyatt Place we were told that we had been "upgraded" and moved to a "suite" across the street at Hyatt House. The room we were given can only be considered a suite on the basis of the kitchen area. The room suffers from a very poor layout with the kitchen eating up much needed square footage. The layout of the two double room makes the room feel very crowded and small. The door to the bath is actually a small double door due to the lack of floor space in the room for a regular to swing open. The bathroom was large and clean, however the water pressure in the shower was weak, and it took several minutes to get hot water to the shower at 4:30 am as we were getting ready for an early flight.

The room was clean and in good repair. Be advised that this location does not have queen beds. The double bed room is two doubles, not two queens like Hyatt Place which I had originally booked just for that reason. Front desk staff were very polite but due to both properties being booked to capacity I was unable to be moved to a room comparable to what I had originally booked (two queens, not two doubles).

The room was adequate for one night, but I would not stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear aashleyjc,

I apologize that the Hyatt Place was unable to keep your reservation & that you were moved to the Hyatt House. Unfortunately, sometimes due to bad weather and cancelled flights, hotels are sometimes forced to overbook and relocate our guests to another property. I am truly sorry you were not comfortable in the suite that was provided to you. Many of our guests enjoy having the kitchen & dining areas in their suites, making the room more spacious. Again, please accept our apologies.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

The Hyatt house is a fabulous place to stay. The room we had was a suite with a kitchen, a sitting area with a TV that swivels around and can be seen from the bed .All the amenities are in the room, paper towels, dish washing liquid, dishwasher powder for the dish washer, tooth paste, soap, shampoo and conditioner. There is a full size refrigerator, pots, pans and dishes. If you are so inclined to cook yourself. The bathroom is large, with a large walk in shower, all tiled with granite countertops through out . The hotel is immaculate, they have a terrific breakfast every morning, that includes hot entrees as well as cereals, fresh fruits, yogurt, bagels, toast, muffins, juice and a variety of coffees and teas. Monday through Thursday they have a happy hour at 5ish and they include wine and hot and cold bites. the hotel has airport pick up and delivery and for a minimum charge will take you to the cruise port. There is a swimming pool and work out room, a laundry for a small fee you can wash your clothes and dry them. The staff is very friendly and helpful. A super place to stay, as it is close to 95 for traveling and there are stores across the way for anything you might have forgotten. This is a place we will definitely stay again when visiting Florida or before a cruise out of Fort Lauderdale.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WoodbridgeFoodfan
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2013

Dear Woodbridge Foodfan,

Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to stay. Everyone was so friendly and the rooms were spectacular. We stayed in a one bedroom king and wow talk about detail. I read it was a fully equipped kitchen but it had everything you could think of which was great. The bed was extremely comfortable and the shower was very big and had a bench with a rain shower head. The housekeeping was outstanding. I usually do not talk too much about housekeeping but they did a phenomenal job! The breakfast was great and had a great variety. You have to try and make the evening socials. They are a plus and they have beer, wine, and soda along with an entree/snacks. The pool is a good size with a gas grill next to it. It is also well lit at night in case you want to take a night swim.

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear LjGarcia,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We & some friends stayed here the night before we left on our cruise. This appears to be a relatively new property and well maintained. Check in was quick, and the rooms were very nice.
They have a nice little bar in the lobby and a very good breakfast bar in the morning. I was up early & had coffee, and it was not crowded, but later it was packed & some people had no where to sit with there breakfast.
The hotel shuttle also took us to a shopping/restaurant area and dropped us off where we wanted to eat dinner- then we met him outside to return to the hotel. I believe the hotel website lists restaurants within "walking" distance, but it would be a pretty good hike and the shuttle was very convenient & free.
On the downside, airport transportation was awful- though not the fault of Hyatt. There is just one small area for people to wait on hotel vans & it was very crowded when we were there. Finding the right Hyatt van was a bit confusing, as they have 3 properties in the area, and you have to get on the van for your property- was just a matter of asking when the van pulled up. The airport shuttle is free. They charge $8 per person for a ride to the port, our bus/van was full.
FYI- the driver gave us his card with phone number to call when we got off the ship to give us a ride to the airport, said it would be $8 per person- but when we got off, we found someone right away at the port to take us for $9 so we did that rather than wait on him.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Greg M,

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Three of us stayed in the two bedroom suite a day before our cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. When we arrived at the airport, we called the hotel who said the driver was there circling. Well, after three calls, we ended up taking a cab instead. When we arrived at the hotel and we paid the driver, the front desk clerk saw us and I told her the driver never came.

She had seen the cab and obtained approval to pay us back for the cab fare we paid. She also offered up some sodas on the hotel. The place was very clean and local to a shopping complex across the street that had many shops to get some last minute items before the cruise.

The free breakfast was also pretty good for a chain hotel. The hotel does have a bus that takes folks to the cruise port for a reasonable fee as well.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Charles W,

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed at the Hyatt House for 1 night prior to our cruise departure. The hotel provided a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel site. Check in was very fast and easy, and hotel staff was friendly and very accommodating. The room was a large suite and was very modern and comfortable. They also provided a free shuttle to a nearby restaurant for dinner. The driver recommended a restaurant and it was great! He came back 2 hours later to bring us back to the hotel and was very friendly and helpful. There was a nice breakfast in the morning that was also complimentary. The free shuttle even took us to a nearby shopping center to pick up a few things before we left. We took their shuttle to the cruise port for which we paid a very reasonable fee. We would definitely stay at Hyatt House again. It was wonderful in every way!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!