New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Stockholm, Sweden
“Excellent value for money!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

If you are looking for a reasonable priced airport hotel that is both clean, has breakfast included, nice big rooms with full kitchen and friendly staff this is really it.

This is the perfect pre or post cruise/airport hotel. You really couldn't ask for anything else. On top of that it costs peanuts to stay here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 25, 2013

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 954-922-0271.

Hyatt House Fort Lauderdale Airport

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Kingston, Jamaica
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We checked in to this hotel on Nov 30th for a 5 day stay. I chose this hotel as it is the most spacious hotel room I have found in Fort Lauderdale which is needed for my disability. Well as I checked in is where my bad experience started. I got to my room and realized it was not an accessible room, even though I booked one. So the bed was too high and I was not able to transfer easily. I called the front desk and they said the hotel was fully booked so I couldnt switch. So i figured I would improvise by taking out the base of the bed so it was in line to my wheelchair height. Got this done and got into bed to relax. only to hear my sister scream out when she was about to pull the sheet off her bed. A big stain was on the sheet that looked like blood. I immediately took a picture and called the front desk to get housekeeping. They said someone was on theri way. I waited ONE HOUR and no one showed up. I called back the front desk and the agent said she didnt send someone cause she was sure she saw me go out the front door. I was like what the hell. Anyway, a lady came, changed the cover and that was it. I spoke to the manager about it the next day and advised him of my experience and with knowing that I had a bad experience on my prior trip, I thought he would have done something about it but I was jsut told sorry. We were not amused but nonetheless, we made the best of our trip.

This hotel can offer an exceptional experience, but detail needs to be palced into this instances where stuff goes wrong and customers are assured that something will be done about it and to compensate them for this experience rather than saying "im sorry about that". This is a new era and people do have choices nowadays !!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, February 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize your experience was anything less than satisfying.

Miami, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

I know this is not a five stars hotel and i was not looking for it. I stayed in Hyatt Place one month ago and left very happy.
Compare to hyatt place this is nothing

Sheets with holes to start with

I needed the sofa bed to be made and they asked me to pick up blanket and pillows in the front desk.

I asked if they have pay per view and the girl from front desk kindly said " yes we have pay per view". At what channel i said and she answered " look for it" I added but there are lots of channels and she said " well keep changing "

If you are in the area try Hyatt place and avoid hyatt house

• 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank aikyb
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 19, 2013

chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights before a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

The location of the hotel worked well as near the airport and cruise port- both within 15 minutes. For the day we went into Miami the freeway was close to the hotel and it was a short drive into Miaimi. A few restaurants and shopping areas where nearby as well. Fort Lauderdale main beach area was a short drive as well. The location worked well for our trip and short pre cruise stay.

Ou room was huge and included separate living/sleeping quarters and full kitchen and huge bath/shower area. Rooms were clean and all beds/furniture were comfortable. Great rooms. We did not use the pool or fitness area but they were present also.

We only had staff interaction with the front desk but they were friendly and fast so nothing more we could ask. The room came with free breakfast which was ok and nice to have but nothing outside of any other hotel breakfast.

Really the only issue we ever had was getting the security parking gate to accept the card they gave us. Always took more than 1 or several tries to get it to open.

I wouldn't suggest this hotel if you are looking for beach front views, but for anything else such as pre or post cruise stays, or just passing through for a few nights, I will easily return here.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 15, 2013

Lerum, Sweden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

This is a nice hotel 10 minutes from Fort Lauderdale airport. Called the shuttle after we have gotten our bags and it arrived after about 20 minutes. Arrived around 10PM and it was very nice to go down to the reasonable priced Guest Market and pick up some snacks and some drinks (they have both beer and wine). Rooms in good condition but the sofa could you some cleaning. Really nice bathrooms with walk-in showers and fully equipped kitchen. Dishwasher makes a lot of noise so turn it on when you leave the room, refrigerator also a bit noisy but you can close the door to the bedrooms.

Nice breakfast with fresh fruit, yogurt, bagles, juice, coffee, scrambled eggs etc.

Evening social was OK, but a little limited.

Pool isn't that big but it was never crowded, sunshine from early morning until noon (late December) but nice and warm (one of the warmest pools).

Only real complain is that housekeeping was very late. We stayed at 5th floor and didn't get housekeeping until 4 or 5PM. We stayed for six nights and called at 4.30PM for housekeeping and were told that they were going to be there directly but it took another hour before they arrived. Being on European time this was very late...

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I chose this hotel to stay at before a 5:30am flight due to location and low price. It's all suite, full kitchen, very modern, has a 360* swivel flat screen tv, and a full tile walk in shower. Very, very nice.

London UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I wanted a large room with a king size bed for myself and my wife and separate beds for the kids and found it here

My wife even met a lady who had come with 8 kids for a sleepover which we thought was a great idea !!

Free breakfast saves me 50 plus dollars

Free parking and good wifi kept us happy

Pay 140 to 200 dollars and you will sleep happy.

I booked through hotels.com as they were cheaper than direct and the welcome rewards program gives me in effect a further 10percent off

Mario

1 Thank mariocostasa
Alan K, General Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, January 10, 2013