“Perfect for stop-over between travel days”

HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #2 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed April 22, 2011

We were staying here overnight between flights. We arrived very late with a large group and multiple rooms and check-in was very easy and fast. German at the front desk was extremely helpful, very friendly and got all of us into our rooms quickly after a long day of traveling. One of the rooms we reserved was no longer available, but German was able to get us into an upgraded room at the same rate, so everyone was happy. The hotel was close to the airport, and although we had to wait for the Hyatt shuttle, it was fairly easy to find and a quick ride to the hotel. We made arrangements to go back to the airport early the next day and everything went smoothly. The complimentary breakfast was very good, and helpful since we had limited time in the morning. German was still working when we left in the morning - but was still in a good mood - unbelievable. Rooms were well equipped, very clean, and seemed new. Overall perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
HyattSFSManager, Manager at HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2011

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review of the Hyatt Summerfield Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport South. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I appreciate your kind words regarding our accommodations and staff. I will definately share this with German next time I see him.

Hyatt Summerfield Suites Team

There are newer reviews for HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Reviewed April 18, 2011

We stayed here for one night before taking a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale. The location was very close to the cruise terminal (3 miles or so). We didn't use the shuttle. Our room was very nice, but a little crowded. When the pull out sofa was extended, there was no room to walk around it. That was inconvenient. But the room is very modern looking, and the bathroom was spacious and very nice and clean. Breakfast was better than expected with scrambled eggs, etc. We paid only $95 (with tax) booking through Hotwire. For this price, I was happy. If I'd spent the $239 that was listed on the website for the same room, I would have been very disappointed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2011

Nice new hotel, very clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens. Quiet location and very near to Grampa's Bakery (see Diner's , Drive-ins and Dives on Youtube for more info).

The front desk staff are particularly good at this hotel, very friendly and courteous, a real credit to Hyatt. Breakfast is a buffet type, very simple but with enough variety but who cares because you're going to Grampa's right?

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Grampa's Bakery very nearby
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Arrived at FLL on Saturday April 16 at 5pm. Had my luggage and phoned front desk for the shuttle and was told 20 minutes. Sure enough 20 minutes later shuttle was there picking us up. Very nice gentleman operating the shuttle. Little note, the shuttle cannot stop in front of the actual airline terminal or they will be fined. You must walk past terminals to designated hotel pickup area, only about 500 feet. Hotel was a quick 7-10 minute ride from airport. Check in was quick and smooth and once again very polite young lady at front desk assisting us. We signed up for the shuttle to the Port for the following day. The cost is $8 pp and is run by a private company that works through the hotel. We stayed in a two bedroom suite that was plenty big and included a pull out sectional sofa in the living room. Small but efficient kitchenette, fridge, microwave and a tv in every room (3). We ventured out on foot for a bite to eat and there are plenty of fast food restaurants within close proximity. (Burger King, McDonalds, Taco Bell, and the Chipolte Mexican Grill). We chose the latter and was a great choice. Across the street was a large strip mall where you could get any essentials you may need as well as a liquor store. I'm not sure if I would go wandering to far outside of the general area on foot but the immediate area seemed just fine. The hotel also had a small sundry that provided drinks ( juices/soda/ beer/ and wine) along with snacks. Our room did not have a cork screw and when we called the front desk one was brought to us in minutes. The pool area was very nice but could have been checked on by staff as there were no towels available and a few old ones on the chairs that were still there in the morning. Complimentary breakfast was what you would expect. Eggs, bacon, waffles etc and was just fine. We ate very early so we had no problem with a shortage of food as others have posted. In all, a very nice hotel, very nice staff and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011
1  Thank poguemahon323
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Great hotel near airport and cruise port. We rented a car so cannot comment on their shuttle service. Great breakfast with healthy choices. Very clean. Great service. Nice rooms but they are small. Hubby and I think the beds are full size, not queen. We did not sleep well. Big shopping area across road in walking distance. Mcdonalds, burger king, and taco bell in walking distance. Fully equipped kitchen in room. One tv that swivels between sleeping area and living room area. We flew into Ft Lauderdale and cruised out of miami. Hotel was very convenient. About 5 min from airport and about 20 min to port of Miami straight down I 95.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 9, 2011

This was a wonderful hotel from start to finish. The hotel is about 5-10 minutes from the airport right next to I95. There were several other hotels next to each other including the sister Hyatt Place. The front desk clerk at check in was very friendly and even gave me a choice of floors. The one bedroom suite was perfectt. Large LR, wonderful kitchen, bedroom with a very confortable bed and a roomy bathroom. The shower was so good I wish I could have taken it with me. There is a Kmart, McDonald's and BK in the same area. The Seminole Hard Rock casino is about 10 minutes west of this hotel. I found it very convenient for my business meetings.
The food in the evening is limited and they do check your name off a guest list when you get the free wine or beer.
My only complaint was the last night I was there I had some very noisy neighbors but this was not the hotel's fault. There are many guest obviously staying here du to there proximty to the FTL airport.
I had several co workers stay here last year and loved it. I had to agree it was wonderful to have the space.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 4, 2011

We had a one noght stay prior to a cruise. Upon arriving at the airport, we collected our bags and called for the free shuttle. They asked if we had our bags and we said yes. They told us 20 moniutes. After 30 minutes, we called again. They said there was traffic and it would be another 20 minutes. After an hour and 15 minutes the shuttle showed up, and guess what, there was enough people for a full bus!!! My wife and I intentionally watch on the way from the airport to the hotel, and guess what, no traffic! I don;t like to be lied to.

We asked about a place to eat, and they gave us a list of places, which they said was just across the street in a shopping area. No map, no guidance, so off we went. After about a 1.5 miles we found one of the places on the list. We never did find the others. It would have been nice to have a map or some help or where to find these places.

There was a strange beeping sound that we never could find in our room. Luckily there was a door to the bedroom area or we never would have been able to get to sleep.

We will not stay here again, but we did see some other hotels in the area that we will most likely use next time, so it wasn;t a total waste.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple