“Terrific value-- awesome room”

Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Hendersonville, North Carolina
“Terrific value-- awesome room”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

New property with spacious room. We enjoyed the living room area with flat screen TV and microwave. Nicely Appointed room, excellent fitness facility, attentive and friendly staff. Sutton,was free frommairportm(had to wait a bit since I was advised to call them when I landed). $75 on priceline was a great deal.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank J G
CambriaMgmtTeam, Front Office Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 8, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review about your stay here at our property.

Arsenio Stepherson
Assistant General Manager
Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale
954.889.2600

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (159)
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
Reviewed August 3, 2014

Spent a great weekend with my wife. Hotel room was clean, beautiful and tastefully decorated. Hotel has great location near shopping, restaurants and entertainment. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Can't wait for my next trip so I can stay here.

Room Tip: Pool view on any floor above second are quietest.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian700
CambriaMgmtTeam, General Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Hello,

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay at the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale. It is our goal that each guest leaves satisfied with their visit.

We look forward to you staying with us in the future.

Thanks,
Michigan
Reviewed August 3, 2014

A very nice hotel for a pre/post cruise. The hotel offers free shuttle service to and from the airport, and to the dock ($5 per person). The staff was very friendly and helpful. Front desk clerk Ameshia was wonderful, thank you again. The only problem I had with this hotel was the location. If you don't have a car; you have to walk about a mile and cross a freeway for shopping/restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ATJR
CambriaMgmtTeam, Front Office Manager at Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port, responded to this review, August 6, 2014

Arsenio Stepherson
Assistant General Manager
Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale
954.889.2600
Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

We booked the pkg that included parking for our 8 nt cruise. We arrived at 12:30 at night after driving from Atlanta with terrible weather and road delays. Exhausted! Our room key didn't work, but the front desk was so prompt and courteous. Getting us in to our room was their priority! The next morning the shuttle was great and the driver very friendly. As soon as we got on the boat my daughter realized she left her favorite sweatshirt in the room. I called and they assured me they would look for it. 15 min later they called and said they found it and would hold it for us till we got back. When we returned it took the shuttle about 40 min to come pick us up at port. He was doing an airport run. Understandable. The suites were very nice, but I gave them a 5 because of their great customer service!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Ali M
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 17, 2014

While there are many things to like about this hotel, there is a lack of attention to detail. The hotel is difficult to find at night, particularly if the weather is inclement. Upon arrival, the clerk was more interested in his cell phone then he was to describing the amenities of the hotel. The room was very nice and generally clean but the desk chair was ripped, the TV menu was worn, dirty and outdated, candle wax was left on a shelf, and the thermostat for the AC did not work properly. Room was quiet and comfortable, though the bedroom area was a little tight. Pool did not seem clean and three of the lounge chairs were not usable. There are many choices in this vicinity. Others are more attentive to detail. This hotel has good potential but right now, seems to miss the mark.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Neponset
Reviewed July 16, 2014 via mobile

We searched all over looking for a hotel that fit all of our needs for our pre-cruise stay. Our party of four included one person flying in that needed a shuttle from the airport. The rest were driving in and we needed to be able to park for a week while we were gone. We also needed a shuttle to the cruise port. Cambria Suites not only provided that, but went above and beyond our expectations.
I was the one who flew in to Florida and needed a shuttle from the airport. After collecting my luggage I called the hotel and they told me the shuttle would be there in twenty minutes. When the shuttle didn't arrive forty minutes later, I called them and they told me I could take a yellow cab and they would pay the fare when I arrived. The cab driver was horrible, but that's no fault of the hotel. They promptly paid him as promised. I had gotten in early and the room wasn't ready yet, but the lobby was large and comfortable. They offered to hold my luggage for me if I wanted to leave the hotel. I got lunch from the cooler (pricey but decent) and hung around since I was exhausted. The lobby has free wifi, a tv, computers as well as sofas and chairs. I plugged my phone in to charge and utilized the free wifi as I waited for my room. The kind woman at the front desk let me know as soon as my room was ready.

Let me tell you, I was so impressed with the room! Not only was it clean and stylish, but the bed was so comfortable! I was able to take a much needed nap before the rest of my party arrived. Parking the car for the week was easy and we felt the car would be safe.

The shuttle to the cruise port was great. The driver was very friendly and let us know that when we got back to call for
The shuttle and he'd come back to get them to pick up the car. He also said he would take me back with them and then I'd be able to use the shuttle to get to the airport closer to my flight time and again utilize the lobby while I waited.

Friendly staff. Great rooms. Nice features. We will absolutely be staying here again when we go on a cruise.

Yes, breakfast was $10 for the buffet, but it was good and convenient.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank Memenme
Baltimore
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Top notch, free, well organized shuttle to the cruise ships. Very, very nice and helpful front desk staff. Good location for the airport and cruise port but a bit far from Ft Lauderdale beach. The little informal bistro in the hotel had surprisingly great food. Overall a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed July 2014