Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed March 19, 2014

I recently stayed at the Cambria Suites for 7 nights while visiting my daughter in Fort Lauderdale. I came down from NJ to help her find a place to live so I was in and out constantly. I originally made my reservation for 3 nights but had to extend it because of difficulty finding aa apartment for my daughter. The management went way out of their way (thank you Arsenio) to accomodate me and my daughter. The rooms are very big and have separate seating area's with sofa beds and tv's. The bathroom is very modern, with a big walk-in shower (no tub) and plenty of room. I was thrilled by my stay here and would recommend it proudly. The open area around the check-in is very large and can accomodate many people. This hotel seems to be favored by those who are taking a cruise and even flight attendents. As others have said, it is not very easy to find and they have a small sign out on Stirling Rd which can be easily missed. It is west of Rt.95 south on Stirling Rd. right after the Best Western Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Ronald H

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Stayed here for the first time on an extended weekend trip with my family. I absolutely love this hotel everything was excellent (room, staff, restaurant food, hotel grounds). The rooms were very clean and modern. I just love everything about this hotel, I'm staying here every time i;m in Fort Lauderdale, just wish you had one just like it in Orlando and more cities!.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kara F
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here overnight before a cruise. We choose this hotel mainly because you could park for 30 days with a park and cruise package which included shuttles to the Cruise Port.
They tried to charge us for the shuttle but we had booked several months in advance and it was part of the package. When we told them this and that 4 of our friends also booked here on our recommendation they did not charge any of us for the shuttles. Everything worked out well but we did have to wait 45 minutes for the return shuttle to get our car.
The hotel is nice but no breakfast included.

1  Thank Sansail
Reviewed March 15, 2014

We stayed here twice - before our cruise and when we came back from our cruise. Both impressions were very favorable. The rooms are large, clean and the hotel public areas were well kept. We would definitely stay again. Negatives - restaurants are a distance away - would be okay if you had a car. The shuttle driver, of the van that picked us up at the airport, drove carelessly. The van had no seatbelts. Did not enjoy the ride at all. The shuttle driver to the cruiseport was most courteous and drove carefully.

Taxis do not seem to be able to find the place even with the address so bring a map for them.

Room Tip: Both rooms we stayed in - one facing the street (where there is no traffic) and one facing the pool...
Reviewed March 15, 2014

My husband & I stayed in the hotel both pre & post cruise. Just a warning that if you use a w/c full time you can't fit the w/c beside the bed for easy transfers. The only thing accessible is that the bathroom has some grab bars. The room is nice enough but should not be called w/c accessible.
We also had to wait post cruise 21/2 hours for the shuttle. A couple who were also waiting called the hotel several times & were repeatedly told it would be there in 15 min. Once we finally got to the hotel we all had to wait in the lobby for our rooms. In our case it was another 3 1/2 hours. Yes, we were early for the 3 p.m. check-in but we didn't get in our room until 4 p.m. This was our 6th cruise & we've never had such a ridiculously long wait. It might have been a little better if we could have eaten at least. The restaurant however didn't open until 5 p.m. I'm not sure if that was because it was a Sunday, they didn't say. The food is good but I would have thought a hotel advertising that's it's a port hotel would be better managed than this. Obviously we will not be staying here again nor recommending it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2014

I booked a king suite at this hotel for one night before our cruise departure, expecting a typical "transient" type hotel suitable for travellers, but not much else. I was pleasantly surprised with the room size and quality, the amenities provided, and the location of the property. The cost was perfectly reasonable when compared to surrounding hotels.

Cambria Suites Ft. Lauderdale is located approximately a kilometer southwest of FLL, one block west of I-95 off Stirling Drive. I encourage everyone to have a peek at Mapquest or Google Maps before trying to find the hotel, because the entrance off Stirling Drive is not well marked. For a property so close to a busy interstate we found our room and the public area of the hotel to be very quiet.

The lobby features a small bar and restaurant that serves light meals. A hot breakfast, which is NOT included as part of the room rate, is served in the lobby. For those wanting full meals, several restaurants are located not far from the hotel in the Oakwood Plaza complex at the southeast corner of I-95 and Stirling Drive - essentially proceed east on Stirling Drive from the hotel, pass under the interstate overpass, and turn right into the complex along Oakwood Drive, which stretches for about a mile. A nicely-equipped fitness room is available, as well as a small pool for those wanting to cool off while sunbathing.

As mentioned, the room was large and comfortable, featuring separate sleeping and sitting spaces with a large flat-screen television in both. The bathroom was large and modern, but did not feature a tub for those wanting a bath rather than a shower. I would suggest speaking to a representative of the hotel to find out if some rooms are equipped with tubs. The king bed was quite comfortable, and I even found the pillows to be adequate, which is unusual for me.

In summary, this hotel provides very comfortable accommodations for those who are just looking for a one-night stay but would also be a very nice home base if spending several days in the Ft. Lauderdale vicinity.

Room Tip: Our bathroom only featured a shower - contact hotel management to find out if rooms with tubs are av...
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here one night before a flight out of town. For some reason pictures would not load here on trip advisor so i took a chance and booked it on priceline because it was close to the airport.

When we found the road and pulled in i was not impressed, but they put the effort into the rooms and service vs outdoor wow factor.

Front desk staff were great at check in. Our room was much bigger than expected and in addition to our two beds the there was a pull out couch in the living room. I wish i had known that because i would have asked for a king room since there is the separate sleeping area for the kids. Living room also has its own tv.

The room itself was a pleasant surprise and was decorated nicely.

Bathroom was good sized and clean. Beds were comfortable. We wee thrilled to find both a fridge and microwave.

There is a small store area to buy drinks frozen meals etc.

The bar area has inexpensive drinks and very nice staff. They can make your one to go! You can also order food and snacks.

The pool area was not fancy but did the trick and the hot tub was great.

We will stay here again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family