Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Stayed here pre-cruise .. Utilized the free airport shuttle to the hotel .. when I called was told 20 mins and the driver did not show up for almost an hour .. Kind of annoying .. The hotel is off the beaten path but nice enough .. We got there at 2:30 pm and our 2 bdrm suite wasn't available yet .. waited over an hour for the room to be ready .. Their excuse was that there were only 3 - 2 bdrm suites in the whole hotel so they get cleaned last .. ???? ... Room was nice enough .. Beds comfortable .. clean .. Only 2-3 restaurants within walking distance .. We went to Subway .. Oakwood Plaza is a $20 cab ride RT which has more options ... Had the breakfast buffet in the morning, $9.95 per adult and $5.95 per child .. It was pretty good .. We pre-booked the cruise port shuttle upon check in .. $5 pp .. Driver got us there with no issues ..

All in all good place to stay but if there were to be a next time, we would probably stay somewhere more central to shopping and restaurants ..

Reviewed February 23, 2014

We stayed here pre-cruise and it was comfortable but nothing special. We had a corner room that was really big, but a little worn. The bed was comfortable. Staff was professional but stiff. The worst was trying to get to this hotel... You have to know its there to find it, as it's off a road a that is behind the Best Western. Transportation from the airport was non-existent... We ended up taking a cab. We also decided to go ahead and take a cab to the cruise port as well. There was a large cruise crowd and it was overwhelming trying to get a shuttle.

If we cruise from this port again, I would not stay here. Too pricey and difficult location. Again, nothing special.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mickir
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We had a group of 6 that stayed here the night before leaving for a cruise. This hotel is clean and definitely is fine to stay one night in before heading off to the Port. Our biggest complaint is the shuttle service to the Port. Although they only charge $5 a person for this shuttle, IT IS NOT WORTH IT! We signed up for the 11:00 time slot, and I don't think we actually got onto the shuttle until noon. There are a million people standing outside and it's not on time at all. If you stay here the night before a cruise, definitely arrange your own transportation to the port. It's pretty close to the port, so a cab would not be very pricey. If I did it again, I would definitely get a cab. Also, when we asked the transportation person standing outside when our shuttle would finally arrive, she actually had the nerve to try and up-sell us for another $20! She said that if we paid more, we could get a quicker shuttle.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lisa B
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I cannot consider this a hotel but an upgraded Comfort Suites Motel room. The room was comfortable. the ONE complaint is that this can hardly be considered an airport hotel. It was more than a half hour taxi ride and although their van driver got us to the airport the next morning at record speeds driving like a bat out of hades!!!! Not safe and not fun…scared out of our wits!
The staff was excellent and the room was very comfortable with a great mattress and soft pillows. this place is great for a quick over night stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel has a very nice layout but the smell that is found in the public areas is disgusting. It smells of bacteria. It is unbearable, I had moments when I did not want to leave my room. It made me very sick. If they fix whatever is causing the bacteria smell I would stay at the hotel again. Thankfully, it did not seep into the rooms but, if whatever is causing continues it will reach the rooms. The location to shops is not bad but a little dangerous, you have to cross two major highways. Also not all rooms are created equally, I found that they charge the same amount for all the king rooms so request the bigger one. I recommend a king tower suite and above, if you have more than two people. Transportation is provided from the airport to the hotel and a $5 fee per person to the cruise ship. I would recommend using the shuttle for both, the shuttle runs pretty quickly.

Room Tip: ask for a king tower suite and above for more than 2 people, cramp with 3 or more.
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We stayed for one night following a cruise and had a very nice experience. Travelling alone with my nine-year-old son, I was very happy that they let us check in early (at noon) and let us use the pleasant outdoor pool even earlier (10:30 am). Great fitness room and nice suite for a good night's sleep. Free shuttle to airport as well. Good value for us and we felt safe and comfortable. Only downside was the food - very limited café with low quality offerings from the kitchen, although they do have some frozen foods you can buy and microwave in your room.
We would stay again.

Room Tip: Avoid facing the pool as people sometimes chat there in the evening and the sound carries.
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Came here from the airport at 11 pm after cancelled flight. 15 minutes to FLL. Large room divided with bed/tv on one side and sitting area with another large tv on other. Clean and new with a hip feel. Only stayed here for 12 hours.
Rate was low but did not include breakfast. There is a buffet area off the lobby. Similar to a Marriott courtyard. Here's why I gave it a 5.
I had my wallet out to pay for some fruit and I left it on the table. Then I went to the airport! An hour later I realized I must of left it at the Cambria.
I called and sure enough they had it and they fed-exed it to my home. Nothing missing!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family