Cambria Hotels Ft Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port
$149
$139
Priceline
1,015 results
All reviewscruise portfort lauderdalebreakfast buffetsmall restaurantsitting areacuban restaurantper personnext morningflat screenshuttle servicefront desk staffpull out sofawalk in showerpool and hot tubchoice hotelsstayed here for one nightvery nice hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I just talked to choice hotels about the situation and she said that they have investigated what happened and it had to have come from the outside. They will be asking for the name of the person in the room before transferring any calls. She also said it is happening at other hotels, not just Cambria Suites. So everyone please be aware of this scam and don't give any information over the phone

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank patty e
Reviewed February 10, 2014

we stayed there using the park and cruise package. At 6am, our hotel phone rang. My husband, being in a deep sleep, woke up and answered. The man said he was the hotel assistant district manager. He said the computers went out during the night and needed to confirm our information. He had his name and needed to confirm address.Husband did that. He then asked for his credit card number, begining with this number and ending in this. Hubby said he would not give out that info on the phone and would go to the lobby desk and give it. The man said no he needed it now and hubby still refused. The man then got irate and said he was going to kick us out of the hotel and call the police and have us arrested. Husband said to go ahead, we would meet them in the lobby. Went down to lobby desk and guy there had no idea what was happening and said they never do that. We immediately called our bank and they had to cancel our credit card. With the information the guy had, he had to have gotten it from the hotel. We contacted the hotel manager later, after we left, and all she said was sorry. she did say she would put a sign on the front desk allerting others of this scam, but we returned a week later to pick up our car and i didnt see any signs. im giving this a poor rating not because of the hotel room, it was great, but the way they handled our situation.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lav0369
Reviewed February 6, 2014

We stayed at Cambria two days pre-cruise and one day post cruise in January. We've stayed before, and our stay was so wonderful that we didn't consider any other hotel. Unfortunately our stays weren't as good as our stay a couple of years ago. It was still a very good hotel, but it used to be excellent.
The hotel is beautiful, very clean, and the rooms are a good size. We love the Bath and Body Works toiletries, and there were plenty of big fluffy towels. We didn't like the shower. It looks great with the big glass wall, but it was a wall, not a door. You couldn't turn the water on and let it warm up before entering. Instead you had to go in and get blasted with cold water--unless you could turn it on and run fast!
On our pre-cruise stay the front desk staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Arsenio. We needed help with our luggage, and it was provided quickly by a friendly young man. On our post cruise stay the front desk staff was less friendly, but it was a busy post cruise morning, and they were very busy.
On the first day of our stay we went out around 9 a.m. and returned after 2 p.m. to find that our room had not been serviced. Since my husband was napping when Housekeeping tried to come in after 3pm I only asked her to empty the waste basket and give us fresh towels.
The biggest reason I couldn't rate the hotel as Excellent was the shuttle service. On our pre-cruise stay we returned our rental car to the airport the day before the cruise. We called for the shuttle, and we were told it would be there in about 10 minutes. It was a very cold night, and we had to wait over 40 minutes for the shuttle. When it pulled into the waiting area the driver barely paused and began to drive away. My husband yelled, and he stopped, but even then he didn't thing we were the "right people" and he didn't want to take us. My husband insisted, and then as we were driving along he decided that we indeed were the right people. Then he missed the exit on the freeway so we had to go to the next exit and go back. The next morning when we got on the shuttle to Port Everglades several people asked if he was going to the port or the airport first. He assured everyone that he was going to the port and then the airport. He went to the airport first.
The worst shuttle experience was going to the airport post cruise. He loaded up the van, and headed to the airport. However, at Federal Highway he turned south instead of north. He was driving very fast--nearly 50 mph- and weaving in and out of traffic. When my husband finally asked him where he was going he said that he had to go to another hotel that the company owns to get 4 passengers. He went to a rather seedy hotel in a seedy area and picked up 6 more passengers. Then he headed to the airport. The ride which should have taken about 10 minutes took over 35 minutes, and we're still a bit suspicious that he was making extra money on his own with these pick-ups. In any case he was risking all of our lives with his driving. I see that there have been several comments about trouble with the shuttle service on Tripadvisor lately. Management ought to straighten this out before quickly. This hotel is too nice and has a lot of good points, but on this trip the bad almost outweighed the good. I hate to see a terrific hotel fall down.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Donnag
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Very nice hotel, booked through 123Stay for a pre-cruise stay. Hotel was very clean and had a nice quite stay. Only problem had was that when booked (in November) the rate included the shuttle to and from the cruise port. Well that had been changed and we were charged $4 per person to and from the port, when questioned it, they said it was never included to the pre-cruise package. Well it was when I booked it and that was the only reason I booked this hotel to begin with. The shuttle was running about 30 minutes late to get us to the port but pick up after the cruise went very smoothly. Over all a very nice stay!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 72715debs63
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Shuttle pickup at airport took over a half hour after I called hotel. The check in at the hotel was a complete horror to say the least. I believe I was about the sixth in line and they had only one clerk at first and he must have taken at least 20-25 minutes to check them in. Finally another clerk arrived, who I finally got to speak to when it was my turn. After completing paper work, I asked if they had a shuttle to the Hardrock Casino and she told me that they did not, but that they had a "third party transportation" what ever that meant. Told that this third party was the least expensive way to go at $18.00 each way and $36.00 round trip. Regular taxi would be about $25.00 each way. Took her advice and she called this "third party transporter" and went for about a ten minute ride to casino where the driver wanted the $36.00 in advance. All I had to do was call this phone number when I wanted to return. No Thanks. Told him I would pay the $18.00 now and than the other half when he picked me up for the return. Got a smart aleck answer and that ended our relationship. Call a regular taxi, returned to hotel for the sum of $13.50. I would recommend that nobody use this Third Party Transportation as I now believe that they are in partnership together to rip off their customers. Would I stay again at this hotel, probably not!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple