Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Place was very nice and clean. Bed was great!!
The only drawback was their restaurant is open to the lobby and the smell of the cooking permeates the whole building - which is quite off putting.
Superb location to airport.

Room Tip: Great rooms and great location - however you are paying for it.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 1, 2014

I stayed here last year pre-cruise and had a good experience so I booked it again this year. I picked this hotel partially because of the airport shuttle. This year didn't go so well. I retrieved my luggage from baggage claim and called for a pick up. They direct you to a concrete island to stand. There were a lot of people waiting for various hotels to pick up. After a while most of the people were gone and the rest of us started talking. There were several of us all waiting for Cambria. After waiting for an hour I called to make sure they were coming. They assured me they were. When the driver finally arrived he was less than pleasant. He informed the group that he was only going to take the people who came in on one particular airline (mine) and would have to come back for everyone else. This did not make people happy. There was an elderly couple who had flown in internationally and the husband was in a wheelchair and you could tell he was exhausted. The driver was going to leave this couple because they came in on a different airline. The driver took them after I told him to give them my spot and I would take a taxi, which ended up being almost $30 when you added in the tip. I'm not one to complain, but as I was checking in someone who did make the shuttle came over to the counter and told them what happened. They ended up giving me a drink at the bar, complementary breakfast and comped the $5 charge to the cruise port the next day.

The room itself was fine, but is showing some wear since I was there last year. I'm sure they do a booming cruise business. The breakfast buffet is normally $10 and ok, but not that great.

The shuttle to the cruise port ended up being another disaster. They had me on the list for the Noon shuttle. At 12:15 the shuttle finally drove up and started loading people without checking his list. Once again he did not have enough room for everyone so I ended up getting left again. The 12:30 shuttle showed up and discovered that the first shuttle took all of the people for the 12:30 shuttle and I ended up being the only person for that trip.

With the poor experience with the shuttles, my main reason for staying here, I will be trying a different hotel the next time I cruise out of Ft Lauderdale.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
4  Thank Maysen
Reviewed January 29, 2014

My dad and I booked a room at Cambria through Priceline for our pre-cruise stay in January. The airport shuttle was free and very prompt.

We arrived at the hotel early (just before 1) and was told that our room, with one King bed, was ready. I advised the worker that we had requested 2 beds as I was traveling with my dad and I WAS NOT going to sleep in a bed with him. If we couldn't have another room he was sleeping on the floor. They were very nice about the situation. They said they were sold out of standard rooms but would upgrade us to a corner suite for no charge.

The room was awesome. We joked that we were living in an apartment. Two rooms, two flat screen t.v., and nice bathroom. The only issue we had was with the safe. It was stuck open in the lock position and we called down to have someone reset it. We waited 30 minutes and then called again as we were going out for the evening. After 45 minutes we finally just took a chance and "hid" our valuable in the room and left. This was the only incident of not so great service.

We had drinks and a snack at night at the bar. Food was great and so was the service. Breakfast in the morning was also very good as far as hotel buffets go.

The beds were so comfortable. I want to take the linens home with me. The temp. in the shower was a little off. Started out very cold then almost got scalded by the end of the shower. Temp was not consistent.

We paid the $5.00 per person to take the shuttle to the cruise port and we were there in about 10 minutes. The cruise shuttle drive was fantastic and we were pre-cleared to enter the port.

All in all a great stay. Great staff and we loved our room.

Room Tip: We loved the corner suite on floor 5.
4  Thank Tracy A
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We were there the first week they opened and been going back every year.
Nice lobby, Clean, nice rooms and friendly staff. Just don't get a room by the elevator if your a light sleeper. The room next/across from the elevators there was banging in the morning here and there.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2014

We stayed in a suite on the third floor that had a large living area and door to the sleeping space which had two king beds. Each room was spotless and the beds were wonderful. We had stayed at the Hilton by the ocean in Ft. Lauderdale previous nights during this trip and their beds were awful. The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating. We would recommend this place to friends. Thank you for your hospitality!

Room Tip: The end of hall suites are extremely quiet!
2  Thank M S
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We were welcomed with a friendly staff that was very helpful and cheerful. After that, we went into our very nice, clean and spacious room. I would highly recommend this hotel to all travelers going to this area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Great hotel rooms, very clean and comfortable beds. Check in was easy and service was great, staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. We used the pool and gym almost daily. The gym had upscale equipment and pool was maintained immaculately. Location of hotel was convenient and easy for our family to get around the area. We will definitely be returning and would highly recommend to anyone looking to stay in the Ft. Lauderdale area.