Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Ranked #3 of 21 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed January 27, 2013

This was our third stay at this Cambria Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. Very nice size rooms and clean.
Transportation to/from airport and cruise port. Nice to have two tv's in the room as my husband is a channel switcher. Nice pool deck. Just wish the pool water was a little warmer!

The only problem we had was when we called from the airport for pickup. We waited and waited. Called the hotel again. Still waited. Called the third time, about 40 minutes after first call and told them we were going to take a taxi. They did reimbursed us for the $22 taxi fare. Found out the shuttle was at Port Everglades. They should have told us that it would be about an hour or so before we would be picked up. Just a little bit of customer service needed here. Otherwise everything else was good.

Would stay again.

Miss the chicken!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 25, 2013

The room was beautiful, the price was fair, however there was an annoying person at the bar that should of been told she had had enough hours earlier. Her very loud laugh was so annoying I couldn't enjoy my dinner. Then When I found not 1 but 2 pieces of human hair in my burger I was done with that meal. Around the corner from the front desk was a glass door-ed freezer full of Hagandaz Ice cream. So naturally I took one up to the counter to pay for it and waited 10 minutes while 2 ladies waited on the same party of 4 people. My Ice Cream was melting as I patiently waited. Then the lady at the front desk had to screw around and I think check the price and then she told me it was about triple the price in any store. Now after having my dinner atmosphere ruined by the drunk and the meal ruined by the hair all I needed to do was pay an absorbent amount for some damn Ice cream. I put it back!! I said the room was nice and it was. The next morning was another story. On our way to the ship the shuttle bus broke down. The driver was very apologetic and we just laughed it off because we had plenty of time. However if we were running a tighter schedule we may have missed our ship. There was another shuttle driver trying to sell us return rides for close to double the price we were quoted from our hotel. We passed. The cruise was a wonderful memory!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel previously and this year was difficult. It was nice to be picked up at the airport, however it took over 45 minutes for the van to arrive and the driver was preoccupied. His driving was erratic, way to fast dodging in and out of traffic. Some how my reservations got lost, my room was large and comfortable but it didn't seem to be as clean as before. The free shuttle wasn't free, the counter person told me there was a $5 dollar fee for the shuttle. Wonder what has happened to them this year.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Stayed one night pre-cruise. We landed in FLL and waited less than 5 minutes for the shuttle. Check in was quick and the staff was friendly. The suite was nice. We hung around the pool for a while and took a 5 minute can ride for something to eat. We had a few drinks at the bar when we got back and watched the NFL playoffs at the hotel bar. In the morning we had the breakfast buffet before taking a shuttle to Port of Miami. Overall the hotel was nice and the staff was very friendly. The bar ran out of the beer we were drinking and the breakfast was just ok. I would return.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Frank67
Reviewed January 22, 2013

very nice and new hotel.The beds are very comfortable.Noproblems using their shuttle from the airport or cruise port.If you are looking for a restaurant away from hotel there is not alot within walking distance.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank mcleana
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Although it was somewhat difficult to find the Cambria Suites as it is off on a side road and there's only a tiny "Cambria Suites" sign. Once we found it, we were very pleased. We were welcomed by a very efficient front-desk staff. Our room was spacious, with microwave, coffee pot, and sufficient counter space. It was one of the cleanest rooms we've ever stayed in. The convenience of having dinner on-site was helpful after a long drive but we waited about 45 minutes for service and the food was basic/average. Although the dining area (at the entrance, across from the front desk) is on the smaller size, there still were not enough staff to take orders and serve. There is also a bar on one end of the dining area that had a decent variety of beers, liquor, etc. Breakfast buffet is served in the same area but we felt it was too expensive for what was offered. While you're traveling, you can leave your vehicle up to 30 days for $5 per day. There are security cameras covering the parking areas. Recommend "free" shuttle to cruise port but a taxi on the return. You can pre-pay for shuttle service back to the hotel but we've never had good luck with that in the past. Too long a wait (up to 2+ hours for pickup!) and then once you're picked up, along with other travelers, you may end up going to the airport first and then to the hotel. We will definitely stay here for our next cruise.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CherylDA
Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I recently sailed out of Ft Lauderdale and decided to stay at the Cambria suites the day before our Celebrity Cruise. Since we have had previou bad experiences with "free shuttles" to the hotel, we took a cab. As per previous reviews, the hotel is setback and has a tiny road sign by the street entrance- the cab actually missed it then backed up to enter the stree.

When we entered the hotel at about 2:00 PM, we quickly registered and were given our room keycard. The room was okay- Not great but fine for a pre cruise night. We decided to have dinner at the hotel. That was a mistake. The food was poor and the service terrible. The waitress didn't write down our order and of course it came all wrong and not worth what we paid.

I was cold during the night a took the extra blanket out of the closet. I noticed it was filthy and had been used and put back in the bag. I shutter to think what was on that blanket. I did report this to the management and they replaced the blanket. They really need better quality control on behalf of housekeeping.

The next morning we had breakfast, it was a buffet and looked okay. It tasted fair. We then took the hotel shuttle to the cruise terminal. The shuttle was late, but we opted to wait for it and eventually got to the cruise terminal.

In the future, if we ever stay at this hotel, we will take a private cab to the cruise terminal and surely not dine at the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple