“Hyatt Place's are great!”

Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Flew in late for a one-night stay prior to leaving on a cruise from Miami. Decided to forgoe waiting for the hotel's shuttle because of earlier reviews and took a cab to the Hyatt -- $26. Thought it would be closer to $15 so that was a bit of a shock. This Hyatt just opened earlier this year. It was exactly like other HP's I have stayed at. Check in was very quick and effecient. Room was clean and comfy. Internet worked well. We also enjoyed two glasses of their house cabernet for $6 each (huge pours). Husband used the exercise room (same brand of treadmills as on our cruise). Didn't wake up in time to eat breakfast. We bid $48 on Priceline for this room. Would recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed September 5, 2010

This is a clean, comfortable upscale motel. Everything looks new and trendy -- including glass doors on the tiled shower and the flat screen TV. For 1 or 2 people, the rooms would be wonderful. For a family of 4, it was a bit tight on space and poorly laid out. The sink faces one of the beds - and is essentially a part of the main room - which makes it tough at night if the kids are sleeping or someone has to use the bathroom in the middle of the night. The pull out sofa was adequate, but not great for our kids. While we generally enjoyed the "vibe" of this motel -- and we have little about which to complain -- we cannot honestly call it a 5-star stay. Nevertheless, I would recommend the Hyatt Place to a friend.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed August 18, 2010

This property is new. It's right off of I-95 so it's easy to get to other areas of the city. We stayed on the 6th floor and could see from Port Everglades all the way to downtown Miami. Hollywood Beach and Las Olas Blvd were less than 15 minutes from the hotel.

Room was clean. Bed was comfy. TV was great.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

The hotel itself is very nice with a good complimentary breakfast and the room was nice although the bed pillows were smelly with either body odor residue or mildew/mold. Not good for those of us with allergies. Nice shower.

Our problem started when I called for the shuttle shortly after 7PM. It was raining and we waited for well over 90 minutes for their shuttle to arrive. I called three times and was told it was on the way and traffic was backed up and "didn't we understand that it was raining?" After an hour they did not even answer their phone. It just kept on ringing. We finally gave up and paid for a taxi. When we complained at the desk, the "manager" made us out to be not reasonable and I just told her we didn't believe her story. All the other hotel shuttles were seen frequently and no one else was left standing like we were. The pick up time was in the early evening after rush hour. We ended up at the hotel at 9:30 and were just too exhausted to eat dinner. Please read other reviewers as they also seem to have had problems with the shuttle and the manager. The desk clerk was very nice and I think she tried to be so kind as she knew we were right and were lied to by her manager. She even sent up a free muffin which made me feel at least a tad better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ConnieColumbus_OH
Reviewed August 5, 2010

I booked the room through Priceline due to a missed flight. I must say it was a wise choice. The Hotel is beautiful and the room was awesome. Very Spacious, super clean, and relaxing. I will stay here again with my family. The driver 'Louis' from Colombia was so kind and nice to me I felt like he was an old friend. I asked him if he could take me to a Cuban restaurant (in the shuttle) and he took me to "Las Vegas -Hollywood East". The food was to die for! Absolutely delicioso !!!

Internet is free ---
Airport Shuttle free ----

Love it !!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2010

Spent 3 days at Hyatt Place. Hotel and rooms were very clean and smelled good. Staff was excellent. Pool area was great. Complimentary breakfast, parking, and internet. Great value. I will definately stay here again. Rooms are spacious and modern design.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2010

We had the fortunate luck of staying at Hyatt Place 7/1/10. We had missed our connecting flight on the way home from vacation. We were tired and very fustrated with our expierence with Florida Coastal Airlines and this hotel bent over backwards to try to ease our situation. The hotel is great the shuttle will pick you up from the airport and drop you off, they have delicious food right there in the hotel and the employees are great. I like their new concept for this hotel it is very contemporary. I will now seek them out when I travel and won't have to rely on just luck!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!