Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Malakoff, Texas
“Great visit”
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Amazing spacious rooms with excellent amenities and cold air conditioning. Fast wifi. Staff was very friendly. I asked for a room on the ground floor because I am a smoker and there was no issue placing me at the back door. Great bar and food in house but it does tend to become crowded at times.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
Venice, Florida
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Stayed just one night on a short visit to the area. The location could not have been more convenient and despite being so close to the highway it was surprisingly quiet. Our room was larger than we had expected, with plenty of room for friends to stop by for a pre-dinner drink. There was a spacious sitting area and mini office with a fridge. Wireless networking was seamless. Large screen TV in the room had access for most any connection to personal devices. The bed was large an comfortable.
Breakfast was the low point. Although I never expect too much at hotel breakfasts this one seemed to lack attention. Very little of anything in the servers, basically looked like no one wanted to take the last bit. A number of the coffee pots were empty.
Overall the hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and helpful and I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to a friend.

Room Tip: Stayed on the first floor, found it very quiet. One way windows also did a great job of keeping the...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Toms River, NJ
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I have used this hotel on several occasions for business travel. The good: It is a good location right off of 95, near the airport and easy access to client locations.

The not so good, this is a family/vacation short stay for cruise lines. It gets noisy, and can be crowded.

You MUST arrange your air port shuttle early and follow up. It appears the shuttles main purpose is for the cruise business to port and the airport can be left behind if you are not careful.

I was here for an overnight during the boat show and it was crowded. I was concerned but the staff handled it all very well and I had a very good stay.

The staff, rooms and service are typical Hyatt Place quality, which is good. Hyatt Place has become my go to stop in Florida and I am rarely disappointed. I will continue to use this location.

Room Tip: Top floors have a nice view of the sunrise
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed one night pre-cruise. Everything was spot on: Service, Staff and Hotel.
Arrived at FLL and called hotel to let them know we where at the pick up area. Was advised of the time that the hotel bus would swing through. Had about a 20 min wait as we just missed the previous shuttle. Once at the hotel, although busy, the check-in was very smooth and rather quick. Room was what I expected from a Haytt and I like the lay out: good size room, with sitting area and a desk. Free breakfast was not over the top but certainly good enough. I do want to mention that the Staff was very friendly and helpful. Good job to all who where on duty 12 and 13 Oct. 2013.

Room Tip: Locaton was good for our purpose - pre-cruise. Mall across the street to buy last minute items: wat...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dennis M
Luis A, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Dennis M,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please know that your feedback is extremely valuable to us, we will utilize your response by continuing to focus on making each and every guest experience the best it can be. We strive to be the best lodging option in the Fort Lauderdale Area, we hope to be of service to you in the future.

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 954-922-0436.

My Best,

Luis Arellano
Area General Manager
Manchester, Connecticut
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We were married on Sunday and left for Fort Lauderdale on Monday. We were staying just one night because of its free shuttle and close proximity to the airport since we had a super early flight to Costa Rica the following day. The room was prepaid months in advance, yet upon arrival we were informed that they did not have a King for us. The woman at the front desk acted as if we were inconveniencing her when we told her two Queens wouldn't work for us. She was rude ad unapologetic. We never stay at the Hyatt, first and last time.

Room Tip: No room service here.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leah P
philadelphia
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed one night here pre-cruise. Transportation was a huge problem. Hotel itself was nice except there was no vent and no sink in the bathroom. Sink and counter was outside, commode and shower in bathroom. No vent or fan. We had to call twice from the airport before the shuttle arrived to take us to the hotel. Check in was fast. From their website TODAY " Standing out among Fort Lauderdale Airport hotels, we offer free airport shuttle service and area shuttle within a 3-mile radius and we'll be happy to help with tickets, tee times, tours, reservations, or recommendations". When asked if they could take us to a restaurant closeby to meet friends they said it was too far. I brought it up with GPS on my phone and showed them it was 2.7 miles away. They said it was more than 15 minutes. But that is not what the website said... Went to the transportation desk and was told they would take us but the aiport runs come first so we would have a ride sometime between 3-330. Around 3 the transportation desk called and told me he was new and didn't know they ended that service over a year before and they would take us....for $30.00. Our friends were at the Hyatt Place Convention Center and they were taken to the restaurant for free. We had specifically chosen the restaurant because it was within 3 miles of each hotel. We just didn't go to meet our friends which was quite disappointing. We had signed up for the 10am shuttle to the port in the morning and arrived in the lobby just before 10am. Asked the girl at the desk if we needed to check in somewhere and she said no and pointed to the shuttle outside, across the driveway at Hyatt House. I asked if we needed to walk over or if it was coming over to us. She said it was coming to us. So we stood outside the door and waited. And it drove away. i went in and asked if it was full and another was coming and the girl looked confused that it left. Went back outside to wait and someone came out to tell us we could take the shuttle at 11am. This was not acceptable and I said we needed a ride rigght away, we were meeting people. A manager came to me and said loudly in front of other guests "are you the ones who missed your transportation?" to which I replied just as loudly "No, we did not miss our transportation. It drove away while we were standing out front". The manager kept telling me she was trying to figure out what happened and I told her we just needed a ride. Finally, I gave up and asked at the counter for them to call us a cab. I was told they had and she pointed to one pulling up outside. I went outside to gather our stuff and the cab drove away. Empty. Again we were told we could take the 11am shuttle. Again I said this was not acceptable. Finally, another shuttle arrived just for us to take us to the port. The manager came onboard to apologize and ask us if we had paid for the shuttle. Um, at no point did anyone tell us there was a charge for the shuttle. She was wise enough to tell us she would comp us the shuttle ride. Our shuttle driver was very nice and tried to wave off our tip because of our troubles, but we told him it was not his fault and insisted he take it. Overall, nice hotel with horrific organization. Would not stay here again unless an amazing deal.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bcs819
Dear BCS819,

Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a Tripadvisor Guest survey regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the unpleasant experience you encountered regarding the hotel shuttle service from the Ft. Lauderdale airport. It's always our main focus to pick up passengers at the airport with limited wait times.

Respectfully,

Luis Arellano
Area General Manager
Phoenix
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

My stay was wonderful from picking up from the airport from checking in and out. The staff was very helpful. The van drivers were very helpful with directions and things to do. The room was big and roomy. South beach was only 30 minutes away. We are booking for next year. I can't wait. Lovely stay and don't forget the free breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#13 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!