New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices
Ranked #3 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Hauppauge, New York
“Great Find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

I stayed at the Hyatt Place for two nights on business and absolutely loved it. It has a great location - very close to the Fort Lauderdale airport, right off the highway, and right around a lot of stores. The rooms are great - very well-designed and extremely clean! The rooms have a large sectional with an ottoman which I've never seen at a hotel and makes it very homey when your traveling. The bed is separated from the living space and there is a great desk/ "office area". The breakfast is great with breakfast sandwiches, french toast and lots of cereals. The breakfast room also seems very homey with a large 'dining room" table in the center with lots of additional seating and gathering areas. The employees were so friendly always asking me if everything was ok and if I was happy with my room. My boss had stayed in The Biltmore in Miami the night before and she said she would absolutely stay at the Hyatt Place again and so would I. We both loved it!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank soccermom40

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

We have cruised from Ft. Lauderdale several times and this Hyatt is our choice before we sail. They provide very good complimentary shuttle service to and from airport and service to cruise port for a low price. The hotel is kept new, very clean, super staff from the manager on down. Enjoy their complimentary excellent breakfast before departing. Enjoy a good drink at/from the bar before retiring in the evening. The location is great with several eateries near or walking distance.

Room Tip: All rooms are Hyatt quality suites.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Roberto C
Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is the 2nd time we've stayed here upon flying into Fort Lauderdale to eventually drive down to Key West. Always enjoy a super clean room and hotel facilities. They have one of the best "free breakfast" spreads that I've ever had! Great location just off I-95 and a few nice places in the area to hangout for the night as well.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MarkOmaha
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed here after flying into Ft Lauderdale from NY, before driving back to Tampa. Spent 3 nights here visiting family in the area. Good location near I-95. Hotel does offer shuttle service which was very convenient. There are also a number of stores and restaurants within walking distance but a car is needed to truly get around. Very spacious room. Easily slept 3 adults and one tweenager. Great set up for the room with a large sleeper sofa which was somewhat separated from the rest of room. Overall it was a very nice, newer property and I would recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for room in the front of the hotel as the back of the hotel overlooks I-95.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank BigAlexC
Trufant, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

Only stayed one night to transition to Port Everglades the next morning. There were 5 in our party. We planned to rent a car for the night but the part of our party that the reservation was under had not arrived. Thankfully, the hotel had shuttle service. Shuttle service was sub-par. I called the hotel upon landing and the operator who took my call, I believe whose name was Stephanie, thought I was part of an airline crew and assumed I knew where to find the shuttle. Once I was told where to go, I was told it would take 15-20 minutes as the shuttle was just leaving the airport with some others and probably would not swing back around. We waited about 25-30 minutes and as I called back to check on the shuttle, the van appeared.

I enjoyed the location of this hotel. I've stayed at another hotel right next door and the location of the Hyatt Place was in walking distance from food and shopping.

The room was like any other Hyatt Place, clean and comfy. The bed was very loud, however. It was distracting to roll over in the middle of the night. The atmosphere was quiet and the overnight went as should be expected.

The breakfast was good. There were plenty of hot and cold options. The only trouble was lack of seating. My party chose to eat in our room, which was fine with us, but there was not many other places to sit.

There is a shuttle service to the port. There is a reservation system and the shuttle leaves every hour on the hour. The cost is $8 per person. We chose not to go with this option and instead rented a car for $10/day. We drove to the airport and took the rental car shuttle to the port. Only Alamo and National have airport shuttles to the port. In all, with five people traveling, we could've paid $40 to go from the hotel to the port. Instead we paid the $10 for the car and gas.

I would certainly stay at this hotel again when I cruise out of Port Everglades.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Mathew M
HyattDaniaBeach, Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 6, 2012
Hi Mathew M,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us prior to your cruise out of Port Everglades. We are glad to hear that you and your friends enjoyed the hotel and thought the new Hyatt Place Hot Breakfast had plenty of choices. We hope that your experience with the wait for the shuttle does not overshadow the great location and the other amenities and value of the Hyatt Place. We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back for your next pre or post cruise stay from Fort Lauderdale or Miami.

Thanks again

Your Hyatt Place Team
vancouver
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Stayed here for 1 night, Clean comfortable room, clean shower with nice amenities, nice large flat screen TV.
AWESOME - DELICIOUS 'COMPLIMENTARY' HOT BREAKFAST !!!! With the exception of 1 of the 2 open sandwich's, it was 'dry' and crumbling.
Very innovative front desk. extremely HELPFUL & FRIENDLY STAFF.
Has FREE PARKING.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be nice and clean.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank erle
miami
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

I had to take an exam early in the morning and wanted to have a quiet night. I called Hyatt's reservation number in advance. They helped me with an error I made in booking online and put the request into the computer. I called the hotel to confirm I wanted a quiet room and be asleep by 9 PM and they acknowledged it was in the computer.
When I arrived the front desk staff repeated I requested a quiet room and they placed me as far from the elevator and other guests as possible. When I arrived I noticed a smell of mold and old sneakers. There was no way to open the window. The room met all my other criteria so I hoped it would go away when the air conditioner went on.
The room was perfect for what I needed. A sitting area with a couch as well as a desk. A refrigerator and a coffee pot meant I didnt have to leave. I was able to put everything out and study and it was quiet. I became used to the smell but it didnt really go away.
When I went to sleep the smell was in the bed also but I justed wanted to go to sleep. The air conditioner was noisy when it turned on but after a few times of that noise I just put the temperature down so it stayed on all night and climbed under the blankets.
The breakfast "kitchen" where they served the free breakfast looked so nice I couldnt wait till morning. Despite it looking quaint and comfy the breakfast was not. Frozen waffles and mystery meat sausage with lots of added sugar. There was decent coffee and you could have a bowl of cereal. So you can make due.
They really did give me a quiet room. I should have complained about the smell on arrival but because I was more concerned about no noise I kept the room.
In spite of that it was a great room for the price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank jcmbfla
Thank you for taking the time to share feedback about your stay at the Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port South. We take your feedback very seriously, and we are sorry to hear about the issues you endured regarding the smell of your guest room and the complimentary hot breakfast. We are glad to hear the front desk staff meet your request of a quiet room away from the elevator. We value our guests’ concerns and please acknowledge these issues have been addressed to our team. We hope this experience does not deter you from joining us in the future. Thank you again. Have a great day.

Best Regards, Your Hyatt Place Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th Street Convention Center
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale 17th ...
#14 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,095 reviews
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!