Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
$109
$98
Fairfield Inn
1,026 results
All reviewscruise portfree breakfastshuttle servicebig lotsper personfront desk staffgreat place to stayshopping arealarge roomcomfortable roomsconvenient locationshort stayfree shuttlehot breakfastnext morningsofa bedthe hotel offers
Reviewed May 15, 2011

I won this room off of Hotwire for around $75, which was definitely a good value for what I received. This is a newer property, tucked back next to the freeway along with 3-4 other hotels. We checked in late and went right to sleep with no problem. The room was very spacious with 2 queen beds and a separate sitting area with a couch. Everything looked quite clean. The free internet is very useful, however as others have stated breakfast is not included in your room rate. I like the Hyatt Place product as it has the amenities of a more full service chain without the price.

All in all this was a great property. While $75 was a good value, anything much over $110 would be excessive.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank Phidelt435
Reviewed May 13, 2011

Relatively new hotel with no real frills. Free continental breakfast basic but ok if that is all you want. Hot food available at extra cost. King Bed room was spacious, door to wc/shower room touched the wc seat evertime you opened the door. Alternative hotel chains offer more extensive free breakfasts menus for similar costs.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mikeh05
Reviewed May 9, 2011

Our flight was canceled and we had to find a hotel. What a lucky find the Hyatt Place was. We had two queen beds which were very comfortable. The room included a very large sitting area with a couch and a desk. The bathroom was clean with a sink and vanity outside the door. This was convenient when getting ready in the morning. The hotel was clean and quiet and the staff was very nice. We enjoyed this hotel and I would recommend it.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank njrangerfan
Reviewed May 6, 2011

I was sent to the Hyatt Place on a last minute business trip. The staff was absolutly wonderful to me. When I arrived I was greeted with a friendly smile which to be honest is just something you don't see anymore. I asked for a quiet room and was given a corner room and the layout was very functional and allowed me to get my work done without any interruptions. I was really impressed with the cleanliness and the order of the hotel. I noticed a complimentary shuttle that seemed to be running all day. I went downstairs for breakfast and to my surprise it was included with my room. It was very nice to have a hot breakfast since I had a busy day ahead me. I returned to my room pretty late in the evening and it was wonderful to come back to a refreshed room. I was too tired to head out for dinner so I saw their was a bar on the first floor which also served food. They had a wide variety of entrees to choose from and I got my dinner really fast and the company of the staff and managers constantly around was very refreshing. Their were a few features that I didn't have time to explore but the pool and workout facility were very up to date with their equipment. I truely felt at home when I was in fort lauderdale and if you are ever there whether its business or a vacation ( as I was jealous of all the cruise goers) this is the best place to stay. The staff was very knowledgeable. They gave me directions about 4 times for all the different places I had to be. It seems as though this hotel has all the features a hotel traveler needs! They are number one on my list and if you stay there I am sure you will feel the same way I do. Kudos to the staff and managment for a well run hotel !!!!

Room Tip: Corner rooms are great and quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank lifeontheroad337
Reviewed May 5, 2011

We stayed here for one night (April 11) pre-cruise. I cannot say enough good things about the staff, from the person I spoke with when we landed at the airport, to check-in, to friendliness whenever we passed by the front desk. Our room (we paid $74 on Hotwire) was spacious, esp. the bathroom, and spotless, with a large sitting area plus desk area. The breakfast buffet was more than sufficient, but menu service is also available as is a fancy coffee bar. Two laptops ad a printer are available in the lobby (free).

The hotel is situated in a beautiful cul-de-sac, and if you don't mind a long two-block walk, you can walk to a large strip shopping mall, fronting both sides of the street, where you will find everything from a Big Lots to a Ross to a K-Mart to a Lowe's, to a dollar store. It is perfect for picking up something to take on the ship or buying something you forgot. If you are up for a longer walk, continue to the Lowe's and around the corner to some more stores and restaurants. We ate at Sweet Tomatoes, but you can find other restaurants, too.

The only downside to this hotel is having to pay for the port shuttle, $8 a person. But they were on time, and we had only a 15 minute drive to the port. When you are considering cost, factor in breakfast and shuttle cost - even with paying for the shuttle, we came out ahead on price for this very, very nice hotel.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Flannery52
HyattDaniaBeach, General Manager at Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2011

Hi Flannery 52,

Thank you for your comments regarding our great hotel and wonderful staff. Our facility finished in the top five for Hyatt Nationwide for customer service and overall guest experience last year.
We are the perfect destination for pre and post cruise guests with everything you might need located within the hotel or a short walk away.
Our team takes great pride in providing the best possible experience for all of our guests. If your travels bring you, your family and or friends to the Fort Lauderdale area we look forward to serving you again.

Your Hyatt Place Team