“It's Like Eating in My Grandmother's Kitchen!!!”

Mundi's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Dania Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Friendly Family Atmosphere.... Feels like dining at home without having to do the dishes.....
Reviewed July 15, 2017 via mobile

You know when you would ask your grandmother for something and she would make it, well this is similar but the owner of this restaurant is amazing. We noticed a giant stuffed artichoke at the next table but it wasn't on the menu. We found out that there are very few made each day so you have to ask in advance and tonight's portion was already gone.
When I explained we were in from NC to celebrate my cousin's 60th birthday, the owners daughter left and 10 minutes later returned with one. We were so grateful! All of our meals were delicious and abundant. They even acknowledged his birthday with a cannoli! Such a wonderful family and staff. I know my cousin will return. He now knows to call ahead for some of their limited special dishes.
After talking for a bit, we discovered that the owner's wife and I went to the same high school in the Bronx! It's such a small world!! Very happy our worlds collided!!

1  Thank cardscharlotte

Reviewed June 27, 2017

Visited last Saturday with some friends who were there before and were impressed with the food and service. The food was outstanding, brought me memories from New York's little Italy. The appetizers were excellent, mussels in marinara sauce and calamari fra diablo. Pasta perfectly cooked al dente. Eggplant Parmigiana one of the best I ever had. The wine list was very acceptable with moderate prices. The tiramisu for dessert was incredible. Now, the service was totally impecable, the owner chef came to the table a couple of times to make sure everything was ok. This was on a Saturday night when they were very busy. A real memorable experience, can't wait to return.

Reviewed May 11, 2017

This is a little gem of a restaurant tucked away in a strip mall. Only 10 or so tables, with absolutely fantastic service and great Italian food. Would highly recommend and we will definitely be back again when we are in the area.

Reviewed May 9, 2017 via mobile

A fabulous evening exported to Italy. Fresh, authentic Italian food with exceptional and personable service. All around excellent!

Reviewed April 25, 2017

Owners in the house !! Lasagna was excellent and enough for two people. Special the night we were there was lamp chops with a homemade stuffing , perfectly tender and delicious.
Service was also excellent.