“better than average spaghetti and red sauce place”

Mundi's Italian Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 82 Restaurants in Dania Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Friendly Family Atmosphere.... Feels like dining at home without having to do the dishes.....
Reviewed April 18, 2017

Better than average for Florida Italian American food. It really is New York Italian style food, not vero italiano. For dishes you may have grown up on back in New York done pretty well this is pretty good. However, if you want true italian food, from italy in this century better to head down Hallandale Blvd to "Il Posto" where you will get a real italian dinner cooked by real trained italians.

Reviewed March 2, 2017

This family, originally from NYC, knows how to run a restaurant and to present a rich variety of meals, pleasantly presented and more-than-adequate portions, and fairly priced, with wonderful service. What more can you ask for!!

Reviewed February 27, 2017

You get a very good Italian dinner and get to meet the whole family. Four of us went on a Saturday evening. I am sure that the cuisine is even better other days, since the place was was packed, but we left very happy.

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

I'm here right now written this. Came here solo from Tampa on business trip on Valentines Day. Place is packed and thought I would not get a seat. An older gentleman came over and made room for me at the bar. Everyone is very nice and service is outstanding.

Joyce is the bar tender and she suggested the Lasagna special so I just went with that. OMG it was awesome among the best I've had. Then another waitress refilling my drink suggested her grandma's cheesecake. I'm not big on cheesecake but went with the suggestion. OMG this is the best cheesecake!!!! It's light and moist! Found out Joyce made the cheesecake.
Extremely good!

Mundi's is very Family run and extremely good. I travel to the Lauderdale area about 6 times a year. I will stop in here every trip from now on...yes it's that good in every respect!

Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

We arrived 15 minutes before the restaurant actually opened.(4:45pm) The waitress graciously invited us in and seated us. The atmosphere is casual, cozy and comfortable. The owner Will, came out of the kitchen to say hello, and also acknowledged another guest seated shortly after us. We are creatures of habit, and love the spaghetti with marinara, (mine with the homemade all beef meatballs!) The portions are generous, and the sauce is very flavorful, and quite delicious. The prices are VERY reasonable,(12.95 for spaghetti, 14.95 with 2 LARGE meatballs) and includes a crisp salad and a loaf of bread served with dipping oil. I also wanted to add, my michalob Ultra(3.00/bottle) was served ICE cold, and in a frosted glass! I HIGHLY recommend this family owned restaurant, you will enjoy it as much as we do!