“Nice Rooms, Staff at front desk not very friendly”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We checked into this hotel on Friday, November 19th. When we arrived at the airport I called the hotel as directed from the staff. She said that the shuttles (4) were all on the airport property. We stood in the area which we were directed and saw shuttle after shuttle for numerous hotels pass us by. I called the hotel again and she continued to say that the shuttles were on the airport property and should be arriving soon. After waiting for atleast if not longer thatn 45 minutes it finally showed up. Upon arriving to the hotel the front desk staff was very rude. We asked for our rooms together months ago and she gave us rooms far apart and even 1 was on the other side of the building. I would stay here again because it was close to the airport and the port. I think some of the staff should work on the customer service skills. They should make the breakfast area larger and they should get real toasters. What they have is this thing that goes around and can hold 2 pieces of bread. For the size of this hotel it is very small and ill equipped. This is not the hotel for close restaurants. We ate dinner at the Rustic Inn. Great if you like seafood but not much of a menu if not a seafood eater. It is a walk from the hotel and the road you have to travel on really isn't very safe after dark or safe even in the day. Take a taxi.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank 2bytheshore

Reviewed November 26, 2010

We booked this hotel well in advance for their stay/park package and were thrilled with our decision. The main lobby is bright and the staff welcoming. Room 341 was beautifully designed and decorated. A small pool and pool deck provided us a welcome hour in the sun. Complimentary internet, a very nice breakfast, shuttle to the pier and parking were all included in the rate. They offer a pre-book return shuttle for $10 per person but we opted to take a taxi ($19.30 plus tip) and found it fast and convenient; no waiting around for other passengers. The only negative; the towels should be fluffier and more than one computer would be nice. We will definitely book this hotel for our next pre-cruise stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SengaMilne
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Stayed both pre and post cruise at the Inn. Great close location to the airport and cruise port. No problems whatsoever. When we returned at 1 a.m., the desk person advised there was not a room available in the category we reserved. I was a bit worried until she said they would move us up to a suite for the same price! Not a tough decision! Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank jmurph2
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The hotel was somewhat, in a deserted location, dead, actually, needed a car to get around. It is a close proximity to the Ft. lauderdale airport, which is why we selected it anyway. Also, I did like, the gym, although small. However, I did not like the gawks and stares from the staff and especially guests. It is not a diverse hotel that is familiar with seeing different ethnic groups, like the larger chains. My overall review is just average, which includes, staff, amenities, lobby and rooms. The diversity is where the hotel falls flat.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale is a new hotel, clean, friendly and convenient. The stay includes breakfast and a shuttle to nearby restaurants for dinner. We will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CaliTravelers79
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I have stayed at many Marriott properties, but this was my first time at a Fairfield Inn. I am glad I made the choice. I would pick this hotel any day over some of Marriott's more expensive brands in the area. The property was new, perfectly clean, and the staff extremely accommodating. As a Plat. member, I was upgraded to a suite upon check-in and was thoroughly impressed with the room. The room was as nice (and larger) than a full-scale Marriott property. The free continental breakfast also exceeded my expectations. My only complaint was that the room fridge had no freezer compartment. I have started the switch to Fairfield Inn's for my business travel, and have been pleased with their new properties so far.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank ATL23
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had a flight out of FLL early the next morning and needed a hotel to stay at. This hotel was only about a mile or so from the airport and offered a great rate. The lobby area is very trendy and the front desk was extremely friendly. We went for a walk around the hotel but did not use anything as I wanted to go to bed early. There was a nice sized pool outside, a fitness center, and a breakfast area though my flight was too early to make it to breakfast. The carpet was thick and felt very nice to walk on. There was also free wireless. The bathroom was spacious and the room was a perfect size for an overnight stay. The bed was comfortable and had nice blankets/sheets. I slept well and received my wake up call just like I had asked. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone using the airport, going on a cruise, business travelers, and anybody else visiting the FLL area.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple