Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Diversity 101”
Reviewed October 16, 2010

The hotel was somewhat, in a deserted location, dead, actually, needed a car to get around. It is a close proximity to the Ft. lauderdale airport, which is why we selected it anyway. Also, I did like, the gym, although small. However, I did not like the gawks and stares from the staff and especially guests. It is not a diverse hotel that is familiar with seeing different ethnic groups, like the larger chains. My overall review is just average, which includes, staff, amenities, lobby and rooms. The diversity is where the hotel falls flat.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Riverside, California
Reviewed October 13, 2010

The Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale is a new hotel, clean, friendly and convenient. The stay includes breakfast and a shuttle to nearby restaurants for dinner. We will definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank CaliTravelers79
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I have stayed at many Marriott properties, but this was my first time at a Fairfield Inn. I am glad I made the choice. I would pick this hotel any day over some of Marriott's more expensive brands in the area. The property was new, perfectly clean, and the staff extremely accommodating. As a Plat. member, I was upgraded to a suite upon check-in and was thoroughly impressed with the room. The room was as nice (and larger) than a full-scale Marriott property. The free continental breakfast also exceeded my expectations. My only complaint was that the room fridge had no freezer compartment. I have started the switch to Fairfield Inn's for my business travel, and have been pleased with their new properties so far.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank ATL23
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I had a flight out of FLL early the next morning and needed a hotel to stay at. This hotel was only about a mile or so from the airport and offered a great rate. The lobby area is very trendy and the front desk was extremely friendly. We went for a walk around the hotel but did not use anything as I wanted to go to bed early. There was a nice sized pool outside, a fitness center, and a breakfast area though my flight was too early to make it to breakfast. The carpet was thick and felt very nice to walk on. There was also free wireless. The bathroom was spacious and the room was a perfect size for an overnight stay. The bed was comfortable and had nice blankets/sheets. I slept well and received my wake up call just like I had asked. I'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone using the airport, going on a cruise, business travelers, and anybody else visiting the FLL area.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank TravelingChristy
Ambridge PA
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights before driving to Miami for a cruise. We chose Ft. Lauderdale because we were flying out of FLL and thought it would be less expensive before we traveled to the Bahamas.

The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The pool area was immaculate and fully stocked with towels. We enjoyed its close proximity to everything we wanted to do- (10 minutes to beaches, restaurants, airport, and major highways), but we did not feel like the area of town was so busy that we were uncomfortable.

We did have a car, so I can't comment on the shuttle service, but there was a stand of coupons for attractions that we used for the Miami Seaquarium.

My only disappointment was that there was no waffle maker at the breakfast station. This is one of the big Marriot draws for us.....I know, seems trivial, but it is the little things that bring us back!

Overall, we would stay at this hotel again, although next trip, I may spring for beach side!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank Carebear0826
Rockaway,NJ
Reviewed August 4, 2010

if your visiting Ft Lauderdale, looking for somewhere to stay before your cruise departs..this is the PLACE! One of the nicest hotels, rooms, staff...super clean, spacious, bright, pool is amazing, staff is second to none! We didn't want to leave! Perfect for couples or families. We stayed as a group of 9 and every single one of us wanted to stay! Thank you to the staff for your hospitality. WE WILL BE BACK!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank LoderFamily
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Stayed here overnight found the staff to be very helpful the rooms were very clean had no trouble with the shuttle bus picking us up from the airport and taking us back the next day for our flight over to eleuthera . The breakfast was buffet style and there was plenty for everyone we would use this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank sanibelfloridamolly
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!