“Review is for airport parking and shuttle, NOT the hotel.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #11 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Woodstock, Georgia
“Review is for airport parking and shuttle, NOT the hotel.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

The shuttle runs every 30 minutes TO the airport. Easy enough to schedule that. However if you are AT the airport wanting to get back to the hotel to pick up your car, FORGET IT! We called the hotel after we had picked up our baggage at the carousel just as we were instructed on the paper we recieved when we made our reservations. FIFTY minutes and THREE calls later waiting in the hot Florida sun for the shuttle to arrive is totally unacceptable when we were told on our first call that it would be 15-20 minutes. DO NOT PARK YOUR CAR HERE OR AT HOMEWOOD SUITES NEXT DOOR AS THEY BOTH USE THE SAME SHUTTLE SERVICE!

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Dunnellon, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

We live in fl and booked this hotel for a family reunion because the family was flying in from Ca and they had booked 4 rooms for 2 days before their cruise.When I saw our room for over 150.00 a nite I was shocked. Small room with king bed, TV and a small suit case folding stand that was so small that we had to open our suitcase on the floor.So I upgraded to a suite for 166.00 .Very nice suite but for the fact that it had no soap(which i had to get from the front desk) or other sundries like shampoo,etc. Was told that only the VIP suites have sundries.This room was noisy as you could hear the TV in the next room as you tryed to sleep also our Surface tablet could not get on line with their wi fi.The breakfast selection and layout really was a joke(always crowded and had to wait for a place to even drink your coffee..Noticed people checking in at night were complaining that they had no place to park their cars and were told to park anywhere at their risk. Need more than one person at the front desk because it was a zoo in the evening as people were waiting to check in. Placed a couple of calls to talk with management about this, but to no avail. I always stay at Marriott Courtyards which I feel by far are the best in the chain!

Room Tip: I understand that the higher floors have better Wi-fi
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlesm505
phila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2012

A perfect place to stay the night before your dream cruise leaving from Ft Lauderdale.
The suite my sister and I stayed in was very comfortable,we had plenty of space and ammentiites.
Marriott provided transportation from the airport to the hotel at no extra charge. They even had comp transportation to nearby attractions and restaurants. The driver was very polite and helpful,he knew he dropped us off,we were not finished our meal before he went off duty and he came back for us so we would not be stranded. Very thoughtful and caring.
The hotel had Ace tour in the lobby who sold tickets for transportation to the cruise ships even offering round trip for when we got off the ship and needed to go to the airport.Very reasonable price for round trip
Highly recommend this Fairfield Marriott Hotel.

Room Tip: Suites offer 2 TV's and a place to read,computer watch TV without bothering others in room
1 Thank nancynurse73
Edmonton, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

Used points to book this hotel night before cruise.

Flew in arouind 9pm in FLL from Toronto and used the free airport shuttle. Took a while to get to the hotel as it circled the airport 2x to pick up passengers. A bit annoying but it's free.

Check in was friendly and swift.

Room was clean and well appointed. No real food service so we ordered in from the main menu available at the front desk. I'ts actually pretty good considering the take out place had 100+ items on the menu which typically is not a good sign, but no complaints from our little kids or us.

Breakfast was a bit of a gong show, as there is limited seating in the breakfast room so we gtook our food to our rooms. Normal assortment of dairly, bread and breakfast sandwiches. For free it can't be beat.

Staff was friendly, clean rooms, free shuttle, and you can call a cab to get to the cruise terminal which isn't far away, overall a good pick!

Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2012

we always stay at Marriotts & picked this due to proximity to cruise ship port. We were able to get into our room early, the staff was extremely helpful. They offer a free shuttle service to nearby shopping & restaurants, which was great since we were without a car. There is a separate company in the lobby that offers reliable & inexpensive shuttle service to the airport & cruise ship port. rooms were amble & free breakfast was extensive. nice outdoor pool, fitness center lacking. overall i'd definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I loved this hotel. The hotel is clean, well appointed, and close to the airport. More importantly, the staff here were exceptionally helpful. The hotel operates a free shuttle not only between the airport and the hotel, but also to nearby restaurants. Simply stop by the front desk and request that the shuttle take you to one of about a half dozen restaurants in the area (I highly recommended the Rustic Inn). I would absolutely stay here again, and recommend it to anyone who needs a hotel room near the airport.

Room Tip: When I arrived, I was upgraded to a suite, with the hotel's compliments. The suites are very ni...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012

I am a big fan of Marriott. I chose this hotel for my pre-cruise stay and I am glad I did. Upon check in the staff was extremly friendly and helpful. I arrived in Florida at approx. 1030 am and my room was ready. The lobby has free coffee all day long. We became hungary and were told about a nice fish place that was approx. a 5 minute walk. The food was awsome! I enjoyed my Friday (11-02-12) afternoon outside by the pool and used the spa. Both of them were very clean and refreshing. I really wish I could have stayed at this hotel after my cruise but due to the shuttle not operating at 0500 hours I chose a different hotel. BIG MISTATKE!!!! If you are looking for a pre/post cruise hotel this is the place. Do not stay at the Sheraton cruise port/airport. They are NOT friendly.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#11 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,634 reviews

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!