Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #10 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We stayed here for one night before our flight and it was the perfect stop. Excellent value, near airport, tons of restaurants right down the street. Pool, whirlpool, fitness room, complimentary breakfast. And the rooms are very clean and really cute .... I even took pictures of the room! It's a great choice and I would absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: Book thru an outside service like hotels.com for a better rate.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank tfuselier

Reviewed July 28, 2011

We were forced to spend the night at Fairfield Inn and it was overall a nice experience. The bed was GREAT!! The only warning I would have is the ride from the airport was extremely rough in fact my wife was hurt when the bus pulled out before we were seated.. We made a report but NEVER heard from Fairfield Inn to follow up. PLEASE BEWARE of Spirit Airlines, they charge for everything!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank creekmo1
Reviewed July 16, 2011

We have stayed for two nights recently at this hotel...It was great for the first night..we arrived late afternoon on Saturday June 25th..the free shuttle at the airport was there to pick us up very promptly....the staff was extrememly nice and showed us some local restaurant menus so we could choose where we wanted their free shuttle service to take us to eat.....the bed was very comfortable...I am a big fan of the comforts at Marriott Hotels since this last trip to Florida for a cruise....the next day at 11:00 we took a shuttle through S.A.S which I also highly recommend ...we paid $11 per person for them to take us to Miami since that was where our cruise departed from on Monday...they took us to another Marriott Hotel (Biscayne Bay) in Miami...what an experience...read my review on that one!!!! Loooooved it! When the cruise was over, we had a day to kill before our flight back to Nashville the following Saturday so we had made reservations ahead of time to stay again at the Fairfield Inn on July 1 so we would be close to the FLL airport and have the shuttle from the hotel.. since it was a fairly early flight...S.A.S. came again and picked us up at the Miami Cruise Port...again for only $11 per person..It was a summer sale....they were right on time and again I cannot say enough good things about their service...Our only problem after arriving at the Fairfield Inn that day was that we did get a little hungry and the shuttle to take you out to eat doesn't start until 4:00...we had to walk to a little Citgo gas station to get some snacks and it was raining..but hey it was ok...we didn't melt...the free shuttle then took us to Dave & Busters that night and picked us up and brought us back within just a short time after we called them....all the shuttle drivers were super nice too!!!! And they were very prompt the next morning to get us back to the airport....The breakfast was fine...I have had less choices at many hotels....and forgot to tell you earlier the girl in the breakfast room gave my granddaughter and myself a cup of grapefruit even though the breakfast room had closed down...we appreciated that....and the coffee out in the lobby was a big plus.....it was delicious and available around the clock....I would definitely stay here again if I needed a place to stay before a cruise....don't think I would want to be there without a car though for more than a day at a time because there is nothing really close to walk to....all in all though it was a good experience.....everyone there was very nice and helpful from the front desk clerks to the breakfast room manager to the shuttle bus drivers......Thanks Fairfield Inn staff....

Room Tip: We got a King room with a sofa bed on the first floor...seems a little pricey at $109. after reading...
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank KarenC03
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed here prior to an early morning flight. The hotel was clean, safe and reasonably priced. It was conveniently located close to FLL, so driving to the airport in the morning was easy. Room was clean, as were the hotel common areas. A/C was quiet and cool.
Breakfast was basic but fine.
Hotel staff was helpful.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Jodnay
Reviewed July 13, 2011

My Wife and I and our daughter decided to go on a weekend cruise and stayed at the fairfield inn ft lauderdale for 2 nights prior to the cruise. We were looking forward to seeing the area and had no chance to do that because this hotel is close to nothing. On the hotel website it says that they are 3 miles from Ft lauderdale, but when we arrived we found out that the hotel is 16 miles from Ft lauderdale beach and would cost $50 round trip to get there. When I told the woman at the front desk that it said that on the website she argued with me and said I had to complain with the travel agent, even though it is on the official hotel website, not the travel agent site.

There was a needle in the sheets when we checked in and I complained looking for a manager and was told that a manager would come address my needs and never showed up.

They staff was rude, they wanted $30 to $50 to go anywhere in town. Safe to say I will never stay here again and you shouldn't either.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank wagner15
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Well, me and my fiancee stayed here in November 2010, and we came back in June for more shopping, beaches and fun in south Florida. This time we´ve spent 6 days at this very nice, clean and comfortable hotel. The gym room is still new, with 2 treadmills and an elyptical. Nice decent breakfast with bagels, a few kinds of Velda milk (love the chocolate flavour), peanut butter, honey, cream cheese, juices, this sort of thing, although the lack of a Waffle maker is a downside in comparison with other Fairfields we´ve been to.
Once we arrived the nice lady at the counter upgraded us to a suite, which was very nice cause the room is quite large for what we payed (69 bucks a day). There´s also an enjoyable swimming pool, the internet connection is very fast, troublefree, and there´s loads of parking spaces for your car.
I recommend this hotel to all my friends, and I´ll keep spending my days here in the future.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rafaelandrezo
Reviewed June 21, 2011

The property is quite new and the staff was very friendly. Our room was exactly what we wanted for an overnight between flying in and going on a cruise. It's close to both the airport and the cruise harbor. The only drawback is that as of now there aren't any restaurants within walking distance. They do have a complementary breakfast to tide you over until lunch aboard your cruise liner. For those who come by car you can leave your car free in their parking lot for up to 21 days.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!