“Great choice if you just need to sleep”

Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Hamilton, New Jersey
“Great choice if you just need to sleep”
Reviewed November 10, 2010

Stayed a couple nights at this hotel while in Fla recently. Super clean rooms, VERY nice staff and the free breakfast and evening social hour were delightful. Didn't even have to go out for dinner!

For breakfast there were eggs, meats, cereals, waffles etc-some items changed daily for variety. Dinner one night was meat ravioli with salad, bread and beer or wine. Another evening it was salisbury steak with taters and salad., plus veggies i think. Hot, tasty, filling and free!

My room was a studio with a king bed, sofa, TV, and small kitchen area with a cooktop. All utensils were provided in the room but I didn't need them. The hotel was very quiet as well. Sometimes you could hear the odd plane or train, but really it wasn't bad at all.

The room was spotless, the bed comfy, great selection of TV channels and the front desk staff were very pleasant.

As I had a rental car I didn't use their shuttle service, so I can't comment on that. The hotel isn't really near much of anything so if you're vacationing in Ft Lauderdale, you'd need a rental. But to just sleep pre/post cruise or flight, this is an excellent choice and I will stay there again in the future.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank cruisermeg

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed November 6, 2010

Great location within minutes of the airport. Our room was large, the bed was extremely comfortable and, although very close to the airport, it was very quiet inside the hotel. The staff was a bit harried as it was a Friday evening when we arrived but handled things well. Nice business center which I used to print boarding passes for our Saturday flights.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed October 30, 2010

I stayed at this property for 3 nights while working in the area. The room was nice--- pretty typical for Homewood Suites. A couple of things that stood out to me during my stay was the fact that my refrigerator/freezer had no icemaker. I haven't seen ice trays in a long time and I was a little surprised to see that there was no icemaker in my room. Also, the ice machine on the floor I was on was not working or just stayed empty. Another thing that didn't make sense was that the property only has one computer/printer in the business center. I needed to print my boarding pass for my return flight and had to wait in line to print it as many of the other guests were also needing to print their boarding passes-----this hotel is extremely close to the airport so you would think that they would have at least more than one computer/printer in their business center for guests who are flying out of FLL. The other thing that I found truly surprising was the night auditor's attitude. As I was sitting in the lobby (with several other guests---waiting to use the business center), a guest called the front desk to ask for a wake up call. The night auditor took the call and then asked another clerk to set the wake up call in their computer system. After taking the call, the night auditor went on and on about how she couldn't believe that people would call the front desk for wake up calls. She was not shy about expressing her opinion. I always thought that wake up calls were part of the service that a hotel should expect to provide. The lodge/lobby area was very nice and comfy as were the rooms. I would probably stay here again due to the proximity to the airport.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank pslandry
Illinois
Reviewed October 10, 2010

We stayed here with a group of 8 the night before we went on our cruise on Oasis of the Seas! The hotel had a free shuttle from the airport and picked us all up quickly. The staff at the hotel was very helpful. They had a free shuttle to go to a shopping area where there were places to eat supper and they picked us up when we were done. (of course we tipped our driver). The rooms were SPOTLESS AND MODERN! The free breakfast was perfect! The front desk lady was so friendly and helpful (my dryer wouldnt work and she found me one that did!) HIGHLY recommend this hotel! It's really not in walking distance of anything (thats why I gave it a 4 star instead of a 5) It DID have FREE WIFI plus a computer to check email if you didn't have your own.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank bbahorik
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed September 23, 2010

This hotel is neat and clean. The staff is very personable. However, the hotel and vacinity lost electricity on 3 different occasions during our stay. Hiking Myself, my husband and 3 children to the 5th floor and our room in the middle of August...no fun at all. I had a MAJOR issue with the time our room was attended to on a daily basis and in my opinion the cleaning staff is really being beat up and the attention to detail suffers as a result. There are so few of them and so many rooms. However, after complaining to the Manager he apologized and offered a free nights stay. I have not taken him up on it yet. However, I would stay there again. Free complimentary DINNER Mon-Thurs....and it wasnt "shabby" for Free.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I was at this hotel for the weekend and we loved it. Jamale was the best, he gave great recomindations, directions and was great with the kids and other guest as well, also George was wonderful too. very nice and helpfull. the staff was very nice and the hotel clan and confortable. We had a wonderful time......... Thank you

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida USA
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I stayed here overnight after arriving from Europe. I couldn't get a connecting flight until the next morning, so I booked a night here at this hotel. It was wonderful. Gorgeous room with a complete kitchen. This would be great for a longer stay as well. Great comfortable bed, large spacious suite. I had to leave early the next morning before breakfast officially opened, but the staff made sure I had breakfast before I left. Loved it. Great conclusion to my trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!