We stayed here for one night after arriving at FLL airport. Because of road construction, it was a little tricky to find even with our GPS. We arrived on a Monday night and quickly tried to eat at the free light dinner buffet. With children in tow, this was really a bonus and one of the reasons we had picked the hotel. Unfortunately, at 7 (it ends at 7:30) they had already run out of half the menu. Serving staff was not very nice--made us all feel like numbers. And there was a mad rush when empty trays were refilled. So, although the free dinner and breakfast were a huge perk, they were also a little crazy and harried.
After dinner we took a dip in the pool and found, again, that at full capacity (right around New Year's) they couldn't handle the crowds. There were no pool towels, nor would any be ready for at least an hour. Even the following morning, there were no towels--you have to ask; they bring them out, after asking EXACTLY how many you want. The pool was also quite cold--I especially noticed the contrast after comparing it with the Travelodge, where we stayed the next night, and which had a deliciously warm pool. The hotel is definitely trying to skimp on amenities, whether it be towels, heat for the pool, or providing enough dinner for all the guests.
The room was not exactly a suite like an Embassy Suites, although it does have a full kitchen. Kids had to sleep on a pull-out couch, which I imagine is less comfortable than a room with two queens.
All this said, we felt quite comfortable here, and I would stay here again if flying into FLL. The kids and the husband really liked it, too. They just need to do a slightly better job being ready for the big crowds around the holidays.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port with 124 studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. All rooms have full kitchens with a full size refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaste, 32" HDTV and channels. Offering complimentary transportation to/from Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, free high speed internet access, complimentary Suite Start Hot breakfast, Welcome Home Reception Monday-Thursday and 24 hour fitness center. We even have an outdoor heated swimming pool and putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport And Cruise Port