“Nice stay; Hotel had trouble keeping up when booked to capacity”

Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Columbus, Oh
“Nice stay; Hotel had trouble keeping up when booked to capacity”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

We stayed here for one night after arriving at FLL airport. Because of road construction, it was a little tricky to find even with our GPS. We arrived on a Monday night and quickly tried to eat at the free light dinner buffet. With children in tow, this was really a bonus and one of the reasons we had picked the hotel. Unfortunately, at 7 (it ends at 7:30) they had already run out of half the menu. Serving staff was not very nice--made us all feel like numbers. And there was a mad rush when empty trays were refilled. So, although the free dinner and breakfast were a huge perk, they were also a little crazy and harried.

After dinner we took a dip in the pool and found, again, that at full capacity (right around New Year's) they couldn't handle the crowds. There were no pool towels, nor would any be ready for at least an hour. Even the following morning, there were no towels--you have to ask; they bring them out, after asking EXACTLY how many you want. The pool was also quite cold--I especially noticed the contrast after comparing it with the Travelodge, where we stayed the next night, and which had a deliciously warm pool. The hotel is definitely trying to skimp on amenities, whether it be towels, heat for the pool, or providing enough dinner for all the guests.

The room was not exactly a suite like an Embassy Suites, although it does have a full kitchen. Kids had to sleep on a pull-out couch, which I imagine is less comfortable than a room with two queens.

All this said, we felt quite comfortable here, and I would stay here again if flying into FLL. The kids and the husband really liked it, too. They just need to do a slightly better job being ready for the big crowds around the holidays.

4 Thank Katecali

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Santo Antonio Da Patrulha, RS
Reviewed January 13, 2014

Excellent choice to stay at if sailing out of Fort Lauderdale. The accommodations were excellent and the bed was very comfortable. The proximity to Port of Everglades cruise terminals makes this a great choice.

California
Reviewed January 10, 2014

I am a Hilton Honors gold member. I researched on Tripadvisor the various choices thru the Hilton family. I chose this Homewood Suites for its location and services. We flew into Fort Lauderdale and took their shuttle to the hotel. Arriving around 6 pm, we were welcomed with their complimentary light dinner and wine and beer! That's what I like about Homewood Suites! We were starved after a 5 hour plane ride from San Francisco!!! We had hot dogs with chili and fries and a green salad. I had the chardonnay and my husband had the beer on tap.

Check in was quick and easy, room was clean and comfortable. The next morning, we took advantage of the complimentary morning breakfast and we took a cab to Port Everglades to embark on our cruise. Thank you Homewood Suites for a great stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hellokittyluver
Miami, United States
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Enjoyed my stay. Homewood is always a good choice. Free breakfast and dinner; score in my book. Very neat and friendly staff. It's good when you want to escape. Only downside is it is not close to many restaurants and other places.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends

ijamsville, United States
Reviewed January 9, 2014

Clean, friendly staff, comfortable bed. Located close to airport. Shuttle service to local restaurants for dinner is a big help and a plus. However, shuttle service to airport for departures is only once on the hour and should be more frequent.

1 Thank Sharon W
Denver, United States
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We stayed here 3 nights before our cruise. Rooms were very nice and comfortable. The staff was very nice. Shuttle service to the mall or downtown is super expensive. $100 for our party of 8. Breakfast was so-so and closed down early every day. I would stay here again for one night but the location isn't that great if you want to do other things unless you have a car.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Atlanta, GA
Reviewed December 26, 2013

I have been a Hilton Honors Member for nearly 15 years. My family and I spent two nights in a two bedroom suite after a cruise from Dec 22-24. This was my worst experience with a Hilton Family hotel. There was something going on with the key cards and the outer doors. I had to have my room rekeyed every time we left an dre entered the room. After having exchanged the keys twice in the same day, when I called down to discuss the malfunctioning keys for the third time, the front desk was very unapologetic and suggested I come downstairs to have them rekeyed. I adamantly insisted that I would not come downstairs again and that they should send someone to bring new keys . After the maintenance personnel came he stated that there was nothing wrong with the door and that the front desk personnel obviously didn't know what they were doing. The following afternoon I had the same problems with the room keys. I went downstairs and asked to speak to the general manager about the keys and the lack of housekeeping. It was nearly 1:00 PM. The lady behind the desk whom I think was the head of housekeeping, said nastily that she was in a meeting and that I must have been doing something wrong to inactivate the keys and that the GM would get in touch with me. In two days I had several additional sets of keys and all but one nasty front desk clerk, no working printer in the business center or front desk and no contact from the
GM. A series of uncaring and rude staff. Definitely My worst experience with a Hilton Family Hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank tomgirll
marife l, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
We're terribly sorry about the room key issues you experienced and the poor service you encountered when bringing this issue to our attention. We truly value and respect each guest and completely understand your frustration regarding the situation. We're working with our team to ensure such missteps do not continue and ask that you contact us directly so we can follow up.

Kind regards,
Marife Lehrer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,760 reviews
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,098 reviews
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!