“try toilets at check in”

Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
“try toilets at check in”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Arrived at hotel, dropped off luggage, then left for area site seeing and dinner. Arrived back later that evening, went to sleep. Next morning, just before checkout discovered toilet did not flush. As we checked out, I informed the front girl, at the front desk about the problem.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed October 21, 2013

From the moment I walked in until the moment I left, everything about my experience at this property was excellent. The manager checked me in because the front desk clerk was busy with another guest and she didnt want people to be waiting. She was very nice and presented a professional image that reflected very well on the property. My room was perfectly clean and comfortable. One of my biggest pet peaves is having adequate hot water and water pressure in the shower and this hotel had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. I enjoyed both the complimentary breakfast in the morning and the manager reception in the evening. The food was hot in both cases and there was enough food and choices for everyone. The bed was comfortable, the TV worked fine and I had no issues with my room. Housekeeping did a great job in having my room ready the next day and the entire room was very clean. When I left, the manager said good bye to me personally and thanked me for my business and invited me back to stay again at any time as it would be their pleasure having me as their guest. She was so kind and sincere that you can tell why she is the manager because she leads her team by example as I saw her helping in the kitchen, vacuuming floors, checking in more guests and greeting everyone who came through the lobby. The Homewood family is very lucky to have Miss Marife on their team and I look forward to staying again so I can watch her work her magic again. I wish I had someone like her on my team!!!

Room Tip: I think that any room would be great knowing that Miss Marife probably personally cleaned or inspect...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank FABIII9730
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My husband &I have stayed at this property twice now and have enjoyed both stays. The second time we were with his brothers and their wives in 3 rooms total, and we all had great customer service, we got in late and the night guy was really friendly and helpful. The managers reception and breakfast were both very impressive, lots of hot food for both! For happy hour we had meatball subs and they were really good, and then we enjoyed a glass of wine out by the pool under palm trees, very peaceful! Breakfast was great also, cheese omlets and fried potatoes and sausage. Very clean hotel, and very quiet sleeping. We also used the in house shuttle service for $8 per person and they were promp and polite. There were the 6 of us and 3 other couples in the van and all of our luggage went into a small trailer pulled behind the van, so we all sat fairly comfortably. Overall great experience.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tbakercakes
Washington, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My family stayed here the night before our cruise from Port Everglades. I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel, with free breakfast, free shuttle from the airport, and close proximity to both the airport and Port Everglades. This hotel ticked each of those boxes! I frequently stay at Homewood Suites, and I found this one to exceed expectations. The staff was very friendly. The decor and furnishings were very nice. The room was very large and the small kitchen area was updated and had all of the essentials. They even included bags of popcorn for popping, which the kids loved! The pool area was awesome with great lounging chairs and palm trees surrounding it. At night the breeze was beautiful and it was extremely relaxing to lounge by the pool. They even have a putting green with 6 holes...my kids loved playing on that hitting and rolling balls into the cups. Breakfast was good, no complaints, and it was free, definitely no complaints. One thing to note, I have stayed a few times pre-cruise in Lauderdale and have not found a shuttle to the CruisePort for free yet. All hotels seem to utilize a 3rd party who specializes in transporting that massive number of cruisers on a dialy basis. So the shuttle to/from the airport is free for hotel stays...but you are looking at about $8/person for the CruisePort shuttle. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in this area. We will stay there on our next Lauderdale cruise!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank iTravel11
BH, Brazil
Reviewed October 5, 2013

A good hotel at Dania Beach. It needs new furniture and a better breakfeast. The staff was great and the room was large and clean. I had been there before with my family for five days and we enjoied our stay. Plenty of parking space and a nice pool.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

2 Thank Carlos T
Lucedale, Mississippi
Reviewed October 3, 2013

I stayed here on business for a week because it was close to my business and the airport. Let me start by saying that I have yet to stay at a bad Homewood Suites and this one was definitely up to par. The room suite was very comfortable and spacious I enjoyed the complementary dinner and breakfast during my stay. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank jhg155
Tavernier, United States
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We were a late check in and a early check out. Had to catch a 6:00 am flight. Very convenient to Fort Lauderdale airport, within 5-10 minutes. We always stay at Homewood Suites where ever possible. This property is definitely up to Standards. Quick check in, clean and convenient as always. Thanks Homewood Suites.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Susan M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#9 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,754 reviews
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,093 reviews
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!