“Needs Renovation”

Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed January 21, 2013

We stayed here prior to a cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale. It was okay and convenient to the pier. They had good transportation to the cruise ships. The property does need renovations but for 1 night, it was fine.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Eddiepeddie
marife l, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stays with us. I am sorry to hear about the inconsistent service and miscommunication you received from our staff. I'm sharing your comments with our team so we can address these concerns. We hope you will consider staying with us again to experience the quality service and stay you expect and deserve from us.

Kind regards,

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I loved the room, but hated the airport and cruise port shuttle service, and being lied to. The airport shuttle pick up took 50 minutes, with a few phone calls saying he was only a few minutes away- 2 other parties waited that 50 or more - they were there first. I would have just taken a taxi, had I known.

I asked twice- called a week before, and again at the desk when we got there- if the port shuttle service stopped at any other hotels on the way. I was told no, twice. It did, at one, in addition to the one across the parking lot. I hate being lied to!!!

Also, no food on premises, no shuttles til 4, no delivery menus offered at desk as discussing this, none in room, 1 restaurant walking distance of 15-20 minute walk.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Budmeisterbrown
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had to laugh as I read some of the reviews. I stayed there about 6 months ago and also had a bad experience with Angela. Due to price, location, and my loyalty to Hilton, I was about to book another stay at this hotel. But I decided to check Trip Advisor to see if there were any recent negative comments about Angela. There are, so I am booking with a Marriott property for this trip. By the way, I stay in Hilton properties over 100 nights per year.

After seeming put out that she had to check me in to begin with, I asked Angela for a dinner recommendation. She sort of rolled her eyes and recommended Outback. I VERY politely asked if she knew of something good that was a local place versus a national chain. She very rudely stated that Outback was the best recommendation she could make, and if I did not like her recommendaion I could do some research on line. What the heck???? Even worse, when I sent a complaint to management after my stay, I never even got a response. Maybe this and some of the other reviews will get their attention. Or maybe Angela is a relative of the property owner or something???

Anyway, the rooms were clean, the location was good for me, and it was overall a typical Homewood Suites experience. However, I won't stay at this place as long as they continue to employ such a rude person. Next time I am letting someone go from my company for poor customer service, I will recommend they seek employment at this hotel because apparently you can keep a job there even if you are rude to paying customers.

Good Luck Homewood Suites Ft Lauderdale!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
10  Thank Blake194
marife l, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2013

I appreciate your review of your June stay with us. I'm sorry that you received a poor level of service and can assure you this has been addressed. We never want our guests to feel undervalued or disrespected and I appreciate that you brought this to our attention. I apologize for our delay in following up with you. Will you please direct message us with the best contact info to reach you? We would be happy to discuss your concerns in greater detail. We hope you reconsider staying with us for a much better service experience. Thank you once again for your comments.

Kind regards,
Marife

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I am a Hilton Diamond member, Hilton as a whole is a wonderful company. This Homewood Suites completely surprised me and not in a good way. The entire staff was extrordinarily rude and unpleasant, one desk clerk named Angela, brought my wife to tears. I travel the world and have never seen such rude and abusive behavior by any staff anywhere in the world. I was unable to get any assistance on what should have been regular hotel amenities. Our room appeared to never have been cleaned, our requests for extra pillows and towels went repeatedly ignored. All calls made from the hotel would be rerouted back to the front desk, where the simplest request for a local phone number was ignored. I was unable to receive a pre-printed copy of my hotel bill even after requesting it 3 times.

Hilton needs to address this immediately. I've seen several reviews on this site alone that seem to say the same things over and over. No one should be subjected to this treatment, especially not at a hotel chain that is held in as high esteem as Hilton. I'm considering contacting the Better Business Bureau to investigate this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
5  Thank Robert R
marife l, Front Office Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I'm very disappointed to hear how you and your wife were treated. We pride ourselves on making guests feel at home and we clearly missed the mark. I apologize for the series of missteps in service you experienced and can assure you we're taking each one of them seriously. We look for reviews to provide us the insight we need to improve. We will be offering additional service training to ensure that our staff meet our high expectations for hospitality and great guest experiences. Please accept my sincere apologies and direct message me your information so I can call and apologize in person.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I was happy with the stay. We pre-paid and ran into an emergency (death in family) and checked out a day early. Lost the $$; but, the stay itself was good. The breakfast and dinner are very convenient options and I would stay again and plan to stay again at Homewood Suites locations in the future. Thank you, front desk, who did a great job and were very friendly! (The hotel is a bit outdated, but clean!)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Dania Beach has evolved as an ideal choice for overnighting prior to a cruise. There are many reasonably priced options, all convenient to both the airport and cruiseport. This was our first time at this Homewood Suites, but we have enjoyed this chain everywhere else we've stayed. It shares a parking lot and the free airport shuttle with a Fairfiled Inn.
The hotel is what we expected. It is not full service, so you'll be looking elsewhere for dinner. And they are kind enough to provide free shuttle service to any of the nearby dinner destinations. This includes a worthwhile seafood restaurant attached to an amazing Bass Pro Shop that itself must be seen to be believed! The shuttle will also drop you at Oakwood Plaza which offers many restaurant options and some shopping as well.
The room featured a bedroom separate from the living room/complete kitchen. Although we were near an elevator, the bedroom was deep enough into the space that we enjoyed a quiet night's sleep. The room was clean and well equipped. Distractions include a TV in each room, an outdoor pool and small fitness center. The breakfast was not as good as some other lobby breakfasts (the oatmeal in particular was inedible), but there is a waffle iron like so many others that allows you to cook your own carbs.
The lobby staff managed to be responsive to whatever queries there were, but it is apparent that Hilton tends to staff its value brands very differently than the full service properties. There is a fee based shuttle to the cruise ship in the morning that you must reserve in advance. The taxi option would have proven similar in price for 2 passengers.
Given that the next night will be spent in a much smaller room on the ship, the spacious suite may be reason enough to choose this hotel again prior to a cruise.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Free shuttle to and from FLL airport! Free shuttle to and from dining options! Low cost shuttle to the cruise port! Easy access to the cruise port. Clean rooms, great free breakfast, great front desk representatives ~ great everything!

Only downside ~ the airport shuttle lines, and signs are a bit confusing. One suggestion would be to have a hotel rep onsite at the airport to lead people to the correct pick-up location. May want to also take reservations at the time of booking the hotel for airport pick-up. Very long wait, and the van is not clearly marked, but other than that glitch ~ excellent!

Room Tip: If you are only staying one night especially before departing for a cruise request the main level by...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#8 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!