I and my wife decided to stay at Homewood Suites for a few days before we took a cruise away for vacation. First, the shuttle service is terrible we had to wait for over an hour to be picked up when we were told by a woman that answered the phone he will be there in twenty minutes. When we arrived to the hotel a tall woman by the name of Angela which was the one that answered the phone because her English is very bad had an attitude with us as my wife was trying to explain that we had to wait an hour and she was the one that told us twenty minutes. She acted like she didn’t even care and was very aggressive with us but her English is so bad we could barely understand what she was saying. Housekeeping doesn't replenish items if you are staying over because we had to call everyday for things that should have been placed in our room when it was serviced. The dinner at night I must say is great, but the breakfast in the morning was always terrible. There must be different cooks working because it was for sure like night and day. The staff seems over worked for the most part when I approached the desk an older male by the name of Yosa was basically pushing me away when I asked for a manager he told me she would be in later, I came back one hour later and the same male told me she will be in tomorrow, remind you he told me an hour ago she will be in later now its tomorrow. He was very aggressive and asks me what you want something; I said no I would like to share a pleasant moment with her. The next day I came to the desk again and there was an Asian lady there and she had the most unfriendly attitude on her face so I just didn't even say anything and I assume that was the manager because she wasn't in uniform. She didn't even say good morning or hello and the gentleman next to her said good morning and were pleasant with his smile. I came to the desk again twenty minutes later and the same gentleman with the pleasant smile by the name of Quincy was humble and alerted housekeeping immediately to my room. Obviously with his professional deameanor and quick response he should not be working in a low budget place like this. Upon departure the next day the same gentleman Quincy checked my wife out which the reservation was in her name and his personality from what my wife said gave us hope that the cruise we were going on would be great. My wife plans on contacting Hilton to inform them about this horrible stay. Please be aware of Homewood Suites!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port with 124 studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. All rooms have full kitchens with a full size refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaste, 32" HDTV and channels. Offering complimentary transportation to/from Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, free high speed internet access, complimentary Suite Start Hot breakfast, Welcome Home Reception Monday-Thursday and 24 hour fitness center. We even have an outdoor heated swimming pool and putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport And Cruise Port
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach