We went to Ft Lauderdale for a concert at Hard Rock Live (Seminole Hard Rock Casino, Hollywood FL). The concert hotel was sold out, so I was looking for something nearby that would be an easy cab ride away. But I got a lot more than that.
Hotel lobby was nicely decorated for Christmas. We were greeted warmly and efficiently. We had two studio rooms, one prepaid and one not. Check-in was smooth for both of them.
Our studios were very nice. The property is fairly new, immaculately clean, smelled fresh. The bed was very comfortable and pillows were wonderful. The kitchen was very well equipped with frig (good size), dishwasher, 2 stove burners, microwave, smaller sink and a dinette.
Bathroom wasn't very large and had just a shower (no tub) but that was fine with us. Wifi worked beautifully. There was nothing worth watching on TV, but that's the same as at home. Pool was quite large, no hot tub, but we weren't prepared for swimming, so just took a look.
We were there on a Thursday evening, so took advantage of the manager's reception and loved it. Wine & beer were free-flowing. Hot options were bourbon chicken (not bad at all) and green beans. Salad fixings were also available. We very much enjoyed our light dinner and drinks on the house.
Breakfast this morning was good, again with hot options including eggs, sausage links, fresh waffles and oatmeal. Coffee was plentiful and pretty good. We prefer half 'n half in it, but they offered only artificial creamer (so we used milk). There were also a few bread, juice and fruit options. Nobody went hungry.
Although we had driven to Ft Lauderdale, we took a cab to the casino. Front desk offered a shuttle at $15 each way, but then told us it would be some time before they could transport us. A cab was there to pick us up inside of 2 minutes.
For a reasonable room rate, we got a very nice room in a convenient location, along with dinner, drinks & breakfast. I would absolutely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port with 124 studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. All rooms have full kitchens with a full size refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaste, 32" HDTV and channels. Offering complimentary transportation to/from Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, free high speed internet access, complimentary Suite Start Hot breakfast, Welcome Home Reception Monday-Thursday and 24 hour fitness center. We even have an outdoor heated swimming pool and putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport And Cruise Port