“Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Orlando, Florida
“Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I used to be a big Marriott fan until I had a few bad experiences with cleanliness of the rooms. Since then I have an staying at Hilton properties, specifically Homewood suites Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Inn and Suites and have been very impressed with their cleanliness, service, and their prices. Rhey are right in line with the Marriott properties that I was staying at and I feel that I have more room and a clean room that I do not have to worry about. I had a great experience at this Homewood suites Fort Lauderdale and would definitely recommend this property to anyone traveling on business or pleasure. The Complementary breakfast in the morning was great.

Room Tip: With the way rooms are at this facility, you really can't get a bad room. All the rooms are clea...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Wray S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Palmdale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We chose the Homewood Suites for a pre cruise stay based upon our previous experience with Hilton suite properties. We were not disappointed for the most part. The down side first which was not a deal breaker. It was disappointing was the fact that the advertised evening reception is not offered every night and was not on the 3 nights we stayed there.

Otherwise our stay was as expected. The suite was spacious, clean, well appointed and the kitchen fully equipped. Every staff person with whom we had an interaction was very pleasant and obviously interested in being as helpful as possible.

Room Tip: Very conveniently located for access to both the airport and the cruise ship terminal.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

The hotel is lovely and most of the staff too. However Marvy was very rude. She treated me like I was an unwanted guest in her hotel. It's a very negative vibe. I hated running into her in the hall.
Anyway I will not be back. (I'm a diamond member so they lost quite a bit of business).

• Stayed September 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Veronica8816
marife l, Guest Relations Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
We are so glad you chose to stay with us and appreciate your loyalty as a rewards member. I always value hearing from our guests and apologize if any of our staff made you feel uncomfortable or unwelcome. We always want our guests to feel valued and welcome at our hotel. I have taken your comments to our team to correct the issue and improve our services. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again.
Victorville, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Came into Ft. Lauderdale by cruise ship. The taxi fare from the Port Everglades Cruise Terminal was leass than $20.00. We arrive at the Homewood Suites by Hilton way before to the 3:00pm check in time, but they had a room ready and immediatly place us in the room. The room was a two room suite with plenty of amenities and plenty of space for a small family. Plenty of hot water in the shower.

The hotel provided complimentry bus service starting at 4:00 pm to the local shopping center, several resteraunts, and other local facilities. In addition, for a fee the hotel provided tours to various tourist attractions, the cruise port, and the Miami airport. The hotel provided complimentry shuttle service to and from the Ft. lauderdale airport.

The breakfast was great with a wide variety of foods. The ckeck out experience was fast friendly and a good experience. The was a very enjoyable place to stay in Ft. Lauderdale that was close to everything.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is the second time that my family of 3 stayed here. This time we stayed for 9 days. We stayed in a King 1 bedroom. It was cosy and clean. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The food provided for breakfast and evening (free wine and beer in the evening) was good and was replenished on a regular basis. Also, a couple of times we arrived at breakfast at closing time and the breakfast staff was kind enough to let us get our breakfast without rushing us :-)

The hotel had a warm & homey feel to it, particularly the dining/lobby area with the big screen TV and couches. The exercise room is small and set up for cardio not weights. I was still able to get my cardio, abs and pushes done. Our room was quiet and we didn't hear any noise. Being close to the airport, we didn't here any airplanes at night or in the evening when in our room. The mattress in our room was soft and I did wake up with some back pain (and I'm not overweight).

The beach is only 15 minutes away by car!! You should have a car if you aren't staying for a fewnights since there isn't anything (restaurants, shopping, entertainment) in walking distance. The shuttle service is very good.

Last year I said I would definitely stay here again and we did. This time we stayed 9 days. We went to boomers and my child and enjoyed it. We also went to Jungle Island (private zoo) in Miami and it was better than I thought it would be. I would recommend going to Hollywood Beach. I saw lots of family's there and there's lot's of parking. The Ft lauderdale beach has less room on the beach and parking can be challenging.

Note: There are several restaurants 1 exit south on the 95 near the other hotels. The Chipotle Grill is great and busy.

Room Tip: Rent a car if you are staying for a few days. There nothing in walking distance.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Wilmington, DE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. I was impressed most by the service. The guy at the desk knew the area and wasn't annoyed by all of my questions. I travel to fort lauderdale a couple times a year and this guy was the most impressive. Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Michelle P
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

This was our first experience at a Homewood Suite, and overall, it was a good experience. Our reservation was for over a week, and it was a perfect location since it included a kitchen giving us flexibility in our meal choices. The room was a good size and arranged efficiently for 3 adults. We even had room for my grandson’s play-yard. Liliana and Audriana were superstars during the breakfast hours. The food was hot and tasty, and the area was very clean. Liliana even took time to play with my grandson a few times. They made us feel like we were staying with friends- not at a hotel. Quentin, at the front desk, was very personable. It is definitely appreciated! Angela R., another front desk rep, was very helpful during our stay. We experienced problems with our room three days due to housekeeping, or lack of housekeeping, and she rectified the problems best she could. She was understanding and sympathetic. The housekeeping staff assigned to our room, 307, didn’t replace towels, didn’t clean the bathroom, didn’t refresh the sheets when asked, didn’t replenish the shampoo/conditioner, toilet paper, paper towels, etc as provided, and didn’t take out the full can of garbage. Angela sent up our missing supplies right away, and we thank her for that. The front desk manager- no name tag, slender female with a dark haired bob hairstyle- could take a page from Angela’s book. This manager was rude and didn’t act professional. It is not appropriate to me, or to my husband, to refer to him as “papi.” It is slang, and its reserved really for people you know. She didn’t know us in the slightest. She also was dismissive when my husband overheard her talking about break-ins to 2 vehicles during our stay. She talked about this incident freely in English and in Spanish so naturally, he asked about it. We had our personal vehicle parked out front with my grandson’s presents. It was important to know what we could. She told him that nothing of the sort had happened, but once he repeated the details she had previously stated, she couldn’t deny it, and said “uh…yeah….” and left him standing at the front desk. Like I said, overall it was good. I’d go back to this location, but I’d hope to have a better experience with housekeeping and see a more professional manager.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank TheTravelingCuRicans
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport North Cruise Port
Hampton Inn Fort Lauderdale Airp...
#15 of 136 in Fort Lauderdale
4.5 of 5 stars 1,530 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!