“Nice stay, just don't mind the music.”

Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed October 25, 2011

Stayed one Saturday night recently prior to a 7 day cruise. Minutes from the airport, 10 minutes or so from the cruise port. Chose the Homewood Suites due to our previous exceptional experience at one in PA. The usual ability to select your room a day or so in advance didn't yield the room we selected, since it wasn't cleaned yet. But were given another room, which I suppose was equal. Studio room facing the pool was nice.

Tried to enjoy some down time at the pool, which had comfortable chairs and supplied towels, but the water was rather chilly, and here is where I first noticed/heard the music. Playing on the speakers outdoors and in the hallways, was some kind of music of a foreign language. In the hallways, you could tolerate it, since it was soft enough or you overpowered it with your conversation, but at the pool, it was coming from all directions. Noting the ethnicity of the guests staying there, the music was more in line with what the staff would've selected on the weekend, while management was away. This was addressed via email with the hotel manager, as requested in the resort directory, and with the staff upon checking out. The front desk agent said it was the owners choosing. The hotel manager said it was "chosen to create an island atmosphere", although we were in south Florida. If the language was at least in English, it would've been more tolerable.

Otherwise and overall, a pleasant stay, with a comfortable room with good TV channel selection, inviting shower and free Wi-Fi. The usual free buffett was good also. Would CONSIDER returning.

Room Tip: Ask for a pool view, instead of the highway or parking lot.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,102)

Reviewed October 22, 2011

I began staying at the homewood the year it opened ... never have I found a need to lie or accuse them of anything BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! THEFT!!!!!!!! Lady are you crazy???? this hotel and its staff are the very best in over 2 years of staying there i have never had a problem of any kind. I personally think that you have a mental problem that would allow you to say such things. i wish you no peace and belive that low life comments like you have made are created simply to satisfy your sickness. please stay at a Best Western or motel 8 . staying with a friend probably is not an option as i seriously doubt you have any!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Chase M
Reviewed October 21, 2011

This was my very first time staying at the Homewood Suites. But I have stayed at Hilton properties before. Everyone that works there and very polite, courtesy and above helpful in every since of the word. I, was truly impressed from the very beginning to end. It started with the shuttle pick-up at the airport and never stopped after that. This was the "BESTEST" vacation that I have ever had. What makes it so wonderful. Because was my very first cruise and everything was "FANTASTIC". Thanks to each and everyone that works at Homewood Suites, Dania Beach, FL., for making this trip a trip to remember, for the rest of my life. So please value your employees. Because they really and truly deserve it. Again thanks for a job "WELL DONE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The staff is great and so very helpful. The suites are every comfort of home that you can possibly...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Bernice56
Reviewed September 18, 2011

I was booked to stay here for 12 days for a work trip. I woke up on day 5 with a bug bite, I ignored it thinking I was in south Florida, a bug bite on my bag is no big deal. Not so fast. I woke up the next AM covered all along my left side in rows of 2-4 bites, oh don't worry inhale pics!! Classic bed bugs. I checked out ASAP and had to pay to have all my clothes and luggage steam cleaned (the only way to kill these bugs). What did management say???? "if it was bed bugs you would've known the first night.". Management, have you read the bed bugs info....it takes 3-9 days for people to react to bites. Also, someone in your staff is a thief and took my shipment/package. Love how I left a "Do Not Disturb" sign on my door andnyou tell me you left a package in my room when clearly no one should have been in there!

Between the bed bugs and thieves, I'd stay clear of this place!!!

Management, haven't heard from you yet but I welcome your response. As a 5 day a week business traveler, and Hilton diamond member I expect better, otherwise I'll take my business to Marriott or Hyatt.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank EMN617
MWalker30, General Manager at Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2011

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance and is always a focal point of our operations in order to continue providing our guests with a great experience. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We also take instances of theft very seriously. Please accept my sincerest apologies for this situation. If I can assist you further, please let me know right away. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and promise these issues have been addressed properly.

Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had planned a one night post cruise stay. Then along came Hurricane Irene. We found, as did many others, that we were unable to return home due to airport closures. The staff at Homewood Suites , especially Trudee, did everything they could to make a hotel full of stressed out people very comfortable. We were pleased with the accommodations and would recommend a stay here without hesitation. We look forward to returning.

1  Thank FlamingoQueen
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Homewood Suites had nearly everything I required when I compared other local hotels. Had free internet, free shuttle to FLL airport (call upon arrival), complimentary continental breakfast (until 9:30am) with hot items including eggs, outdoor pool (with putting green), free parking, and they let me store bags there for a week during a cruise (several hotels would not let me do so).
Plus, it had the highest user-ratings of comparative values on other sites. Reviews all seemed good and the staff surpassed my expectations. The staff was really friendly and helpful, and the rooms were spacious and clean, with a sitting room and 2 large flat-panel TVs. I had one king room pre-trip and one with 2 queens post-trip, and both were an excellent value. They don't offer on-demand movies but they have a wide range of channels plus Showtime.
One correction from someone else's post: They didn't have a free shuttle to the cruise port; they, like the other hotels, have a shuttle that's $8/person. But they suggested taking the free shuttle back to the airport, then taking a taxi to the cruiseport, thus saving significant money for a family of 4 or 5. Not too much is within walking distance, but they have a shuttle that will take you to local restaurants (starting at 4pm).
Overall, the Homewood Suites is an excellent hotel and I'm confident you won't receive nearly as much value elsewhere. I won't even bother researching the others next time; I'll book this one immediately (and I travel a lot for business).

1  Thank jfarbstein
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Family of 3 stayed here. The King 1 bedroom was cosy. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. The food provided for breakfast and evening (free wine and beer in the evening) was good and was replenished on a regular basis. The hotel had a warm & homey feel to it. Exercise room was small. Had to remind the cleaning staff to clean our room. Air conditioner in the room is loud (goes off and on) if you are a light sleeper. We didn't here any airplanes at night or in the evening when in our room. The beach is only 15 minutes away by car!! You should have a car if you aren't staying overnight since there isn't anything in walking distance. The shuttle service is very good.

I would definitely stay here again. We stayed for 7 nights. We also stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites for 4 nights on this same trip. Both Hotels are very good. Homewood Suites is warmer, homey and more friendly. The Hyatt Summerfield Suites are modern, new, sterile, staff not friendly, and stingy with food. It seems most people at the Hyatt couldn't speak english at all.

Room Tip: It seems I was able to get the best pricing directly from the Hilton - Homewood Suites website.
2  Thank Mr Traveling G
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
2 mi away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport/Cruise
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#12 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
0 mi away
Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port? Share your experiences!