Stayed one Saturday night recently prior to a 7 day cruise. Minutes from the airport, 10 minutes or so from the cruise port. Chose the Homewood Suites due to our previous exceptional experience at one in PA. The usual ability to select your room a day or so in advance didn't yield the room we selected, since it wasn't cleaned yet. But were given another room, which I suppose was equal. Studio room facing the pool was nice.
Tried to enjoy some down time at the pool, which had comfortable chairs and supplied towels, but the water was rather chilly, and here is where I first noticed/heard the music. Playing on the speakers outdoors and in the hallways, was some kind of music of a foreign language. In the hallways, you could tolerate it, since it was soft enough or you overpowered it with your conversation, but at the pool, it was coming from all directions. Noting the ethnicity of the guests staying there, the music was more in line with what the staff would've selected on the weekend, while management was away. This was addressed via email with the hotel manager, as requested in the resort directory, and with the staff upon checking out. The front desk agent said it was the owners choosing. The hotel manager said it was "chosen to create an island atmosphere", although we were in south Florida. If the language was at least in English, it would've been more tolerable.
Otherwise and overall, a pleasant stay, with a comfortable room with good TV channel selection, inviting shower and free Wi-Fi. The usual free buffett was good also. Would CONSIDER returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Brand New Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport and Cruise Port with 124 studios, one bedroom and two bedroom suites. All rooms have full kitchens with a full size refrigerator, two burner stove, dishwasher, microwave, toaste, 32" HDTV and channels. Offering complimentary transportation to/from Ft. Lauderdale/Hollywood International Airport, free high speed internet access, complimentary Suite Start Hot breakfast, Welcome Home Reception Monday-Thursday and 24 hour fitness center. We even have an outdoor heated swimming pool and putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport And Cruise Port
- Homewood Suites Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port Hotel Dania Beach