“Thank you to the wonderful staff”

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Nassau, New Providence Island
“Thank you to the wonderful staff”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

This was not my first stay at this Best Western, but I must say, it was one of my most memorable ones. After having a horrible travel experience the day of arrival in Ft Lauderdale it was so great to be welcomed by the wonderfully warm staff. The staff member that stood out the most was Luis, he was absolutely great! I joked about the long day I'd had and how I'd like nothing more than a nice warm bath and a big comfy bed, well, he made sure all that came true. The room was spacious, clean and the bathroom had a wonderful waterfall shower and jetted tub. I love Best Western and this is always our hotel of choice on trips to the Miami/Ft Lauderdale area. We ended up extending our stay an extra day and again, the hotel was very accommodating to us.

I'll admit, the hotels can use some repairs and a little wifi boost, but of course wear and tear comes with time/age. I look forward to our next trip (which happens to be in August lol) and hope that I can write a review with this much joy.

Thank you Luis, you're AMAZING! Thank you Best Western for being consistent with great customer service.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor for a little bit of a view and get the room with the jetted tub, the s...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear butterflyIslandgirl:

Thank you for your review. It is great to hear that your check in went smoothly with one of our best team members of our property after a long day of travel and that you found our rooms clean and spacious. We look forward to having an opportunity to serve you again.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Sterling, VA
Reviewed April 23, 2014

My wife and I arrived at Fort Lauderdale Airport at 10:30pm and the hotel's shuttle picked us up within 10 minutes after calling them. The room was spacious and the facilities were clean. The location was awesome! 1 block away from K-Mart, Ross, and a really nice dollar store that sold good wine for $2.50 (we took 4 bottles onto the cruise). The breakfast bar was a "circus". There was a continuous line so I decided to walk to McDonalds (neare K-Mart). Also, upon arrival, we pre-paid for the cruise ship shuttle. It costs $10 per person and fills up quickly during busy times.

The only real piece of constructive criticism I have is to not have the front desk workers recommend Big C's pizza. The pizza was 45 minutes late, incorrect, and was horrible quality.

Room Tip: We booked early online (otel) and prepaid. This allowed us to secure a room for only $63. The goin...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank J T
Dear J T:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear that your found our transportation services from the Fort Lauderdale airport in a timely manner for your pick up. And that our rooms were comfortable and clean upon your arrival. We are glad you were able to enjoy a variety of stores and restaurants in the area. We look forward to having another opportunity to serve you.

New York City, United States
Reviewed April 21, 2014

Hotel is old looking run down None smoking rooms have smells No food counter except for breakfast bus service to hotel 2 hour wait for bus . Im a travel agent ,didn't take any commission just wanedt a friend client to be close to Airport / review on line not true

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Edward S
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2014
Dear Edward S:

We never want our guests to have an unpleasant night's sleep and appreciate your feedback about the cleanliness issues and unpleasant smell. We have a lengthy quality assurance process that our dedicated team goes through prior to each guests' arrival and we will be reevaluating our steps to ensure that we're not missing anything. Thank you for your review and we hope we can invite you back for a more comfortable stay.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Got to hotel at 11:30 at night. We had a paid, confirmed reservation so we THOUGHT room would be available. Our mistake!!!! They overbooked by seven rooms. They told us to wait on the sofa in the lobby for someone to check out. They put one couple up in the conference room with one cot for the night. (Lucky them) They opened up the snack bar area for us and gave us free drinks. The couple I met (Julie and Dan??) were wonderful to hang out with. The first room became available at 3:30 am. We gave it to the oldest man waiting. The front desk clerk had us watch the desk when he went up to clean it. I feel sorry for the people who called at this time. Soon after this, the hookers came in with the gentlemen. At 5:30 a.m. I got my room. Took a quick nap, shower and was out to catch my shuttle for my cruise. In the morning the manager would not come out to talk about this issue. So, if you want to stay at this place get in early and if you need "company" go to the lobby early in the morning.

1 Thank Lisa V
Dear Lisa V:

We are so sorry that we did not have any rooms available upon your arrival. We never want our guests to have an unpleasant night's sleep and appreciate your feedback. We have a lengthy quality assurance process that our dedicated team goes through prior to each guests' arrival and we will be reevaluating our steps to ensure that over bookings don't happen. Thank you for your review and we hope we can invite you back for a more comfortable stay.

Southwest Harbor, Maine
Reviewed April 17, 2014

My friend and I were flying and stayed one night. Good price, clean room, so so Continental breakfast, great shuttle to the airport. Calling for the pick up on the return was a bit of a wait but we got back to our car at the Hotel and off we went. We would stay there again although probably not hit the breakfast. It looked like bacon though!

Room Tip: Our room was facing I-95 and we NEVER heard road noise. We liked that. AC wasn't very loud. F...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Dalen M:

Thank you for your review of our property. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed the savings and our location, cleanliness of rooms and our hot and cold deluxe breakfast. We look forward to your return.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stayed here after a cruise and arrived a bit early at the hotel and had to wait for our room. The lady behind the desk was so friendly and beautiful it made sitting in the lobby very easy. She had glasses and dark hair, could have been the manager...I'm not sure but wow she was beautiful. Amazing smile, fantastic eyes and a great body... a 10/10 in my eyes. Too bad she wasn't downstairs when I left for dinner or I would have invited her...but my wife probably wouldn't appreciate that since she was with me too lol... Sorry got a little side tracked....anyways great hotel, nice rooms, great location...would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank peter_n69
Dear peter_n69:

We are so glad you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Thank you for sharing such great comments about our staff, service, and location for our property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Denver, Co.
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I found a good rate online for this hotel, but had a question about their airport shuttle. I tried calling about 12 different times over the course of 20 hours. They either didn't answer the phone and just let it ring and ring, or for the 4 or 5 times they did answer, they immediately said, "Can you hold please?", and then put me on hold until I gave up 15 minutes or so later. WOW! Can't imagine trying to call to get the airport shuttle to pick you up!! Forget it. These are some serious customer service deadbeats. I wouldn't stay there now if you gave me the room.

Room Tip: Terrible!!!!!
1 Thank wanderlust114
Dear wanderlust114:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. First I want to personally apologize for the phone etiquette, this is unacceptable and I assure you that steps are being taken to make sure this does not occur again. If there is anything else I can do for you, please contact me directly at 954-926-7300 Thank you again for your review and we look forward to having another opportunity to serve you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#37 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!