Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Hollywood
“good hotel”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

good hotel breakfast was bad and cold staff was nice it was a clean staff at checking the girl was little rude but check out was very nice the breakfast was cold the orange juice water down water overall it was clean good location just get to the breakfast area early

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear Angelo D:

Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad you enjoyed our property and staff. We look forward to your return.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (194)
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for a week over Christmas. I have never stayed at a hotel of this size that was so popular. The staff were incredibly friendly. Naisha, Erika, and Raphael made me feel welcome and really made my Christmas nice. The room was great, I slept very well. Now, if only all of the guests understood what a hotel is. They leave their garbage everywhere. So, I guess a few more (large) refuse bins in the lobby may be needed so they don't have to walk to put their trash away. It is a pity that you can't easily walk across the highway to restaurants. It would be nice if the city put some crosswalks in so those businesses could prosper.
Their breakfast area is large, but remember - they can have many, many guests; plan on waiting if you go down late. You can see that they have tried to optimize the breakfast area (bread and cereal are not right beside the hot food), but the waffle maker is a rate limiting step. If there was another area to have these instead of beside the other hot food, that may help. Overall, this was the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. I would stay there again.

Stayed December 2013
Dear Fitex:

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you enjoy our hotel, staff and customer service. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.

halifax
Reviewed December 27, 2013

We arrived at the Best Western from a cruise ship. It was a bit chaotic with clients checking out, and checking in, at the same time. They didn't seem to know what to do with the people checking in. We realized that it was early in the morning to check in, but we just wanted to store our luggage. I would probably go to this hotel again. The rooms were very impressive, and the breakfast had a lot of variety.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 28, 2013
Dear Novasc0tiabeachl...

Thank you for your review of our property. We are glad you enjoyed our Hot and cold deluxe breakfast buffet variety and our impressive rooms. We look forward to your return.

Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed December 21, 2013

The hotel looks fairly nice but the unfriendly staff ruined the whole picture. We are taking our family Christmas cruise and choose the this hotel over the Marriott hotels that we normally stay when we travel. It was, at the time, a better value and had free breakfast. The experience started going downhill immediately after check in. Our room smelled like smoke and I called the front desk and was told by Luis "that was the room type I had choose". Ok maybe I made mistake when I booked the room online assuming most hotels were smoke free these days. Buy my girlfriend shows me the pamphlet from the hotel that says 100% smoke free hotel. Then my daughter see's the no smoking symbol underneath the room number. They send someone up to spray the room since the hotel was booked and we could not get another room. He came in, was a little rude, sprayed some substance which ultimately did not help much. Ok, strike one but I'm a pretty patient person, hopefully things will get better at breakfast. Before i even make it to breakfast, I forgot my toothbrush and needed some extra towels for the room. I ask the young lady at the desk for towels and a toothbrush. As she turns her back to get.the towels she says "we're out of toothbrushes". Ok seems a little rude, strike two. We come down to breakfast which is packed and there is no room to sit and most of the food is gone. My girlfriend tells one the staff that they are out of eggs and the staff member, while chewing on sandwich and mouth full, that they will bring some more out. What we did get, we took one bite and put in the trash if that let's you know how it tasted. My daughter said the eggs were dry and tasted like powder. The only hit seemed to be the waffles which we never got to try since we got frustrated and decided to eat outside the hotel. Strike three. So we decided to go to the sawgrass outlet mall and I call down and they request a taxi for us and said he would arrive between 11:00 and 11:10. We come down at 10:55am and wait to about 12:15 when I check to see what happen to the taxi and they said he was there at 11:00 looking for us. Surprising since we had been down there waiting since before 11. They seemed to be so unorganized that I guess it was to much work for someone to call out that the taxi was here for room 221. They seemed so unorganized with the people catching the shuttles to the cruise port we decided to schedule our leave time as early as possible to be sure we didn't arrive too late. Whenever I inquired about the taxi that was suppose to take us to the mall, everyone kept saying "you going to the cruise port right" Really! It was like no one was listening. Strike four. The final strike came just a few minutes ago when we went to get a cork screw for wine bottle and we're told by the same unfriendly "were out of toothbrushes" young lady that the ONE corkscrew they had was lost about a month ago. Once again...really! You are buy the airport and cruise port and the hotel has one corkscrew and has no replaced it yet!
In conclusion, the friendly staff member was the driver of the shuttle from the airport. I have spent a lot of time working in customer service and there are so many violations of customer service 101. My families experience would have much better if the staff was friendly and at least acted liked they cared. They overshadowed what could be a very nice hotel in a decent location. I'm very happy to be leaving tomorrow and staying at a different hotel when I come back from our Christmas cruise

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Dear Marc_W1986:

Please accept our sincerest apologies for not placing you in the non-smoking room you requested. We make every effort to accommodate each guest’s room request and are sorry we didn't succeed with your request. Our dedicated team goes through each reservation to ensure we can honor guest requests whenever possible but sometimes cannot due to extenuating circumstances. Please consider staying with us the next time you are in our area. We will do everything we can to ensure we place you in the requested room. Also thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast and our transportation services, we definitely will be looking into the areas you mentioned and we look forward to having another opportunity to Wow you in the future.

Rochester, New York
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Stayed here before and after our cruise. Rooms were clean and staff was friendly and helpful. Gave extra value in free shuttle to Airport and free breakfast. They also provide low cost shuttle to the cruise port.

• Stayed December 2013
Dear E_T_GoHomee

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Is it through feedback like this that we continue to improve every aspect of the guest's stay. I will make sure to share this glowing feedback with our staff. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Rucphen
Reviewed December 20, 2013

It is a hotel on the I 95 with a lot of cruisers. Rooms, not clean, you can hear a lot of noise from the other rooms, no dining possible in the close area. Free shuttle to airport and Port Everglades. We will not stay anymore in this hotel.

Dear Josepha W

Thank you for taking your time to write a review of our property. I apologize that we did not exceed your expectations during your stay with us, we value your comments and they will be shared with all our staff in order to improve the services and amenities we provide everyday.

Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having another opportunity to Wow you in the future.

Orlando, United States
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Someone had spilled soda in the hallway near the elevators on our floor, and our shoes were sticky for our entire stay, because no one would mop up the spill. The design of the bathroom sink and faucet was ridiculous. Turning the water on at a higher rate than a drizzle led to water sloshing all over the counter tops, floors, and our clothes. The bathroom door would lock us in after it had been closed for 5 minutes. (We reported this to the front desk, who sent a handyman, but he didn't know how to fix the problem.) I was repeatedly locked in the bathroom after using the toilet, or taking a shower. I hope an elderly or disabled guest doesn't stay in that room because they may not have the upper arm strength which is required to pry the stuck door open after it becomes jammed shut. A dirty/moldy towel was left hanging in the closet. (A nice member of the house keeping staff removed it after we told her about it.) The breakfast buffet was nice, but the milk was spoiled on our second morning in the hotel. (I urge you to try the Belgian waffles.) The beds were extremely comfortable, and the TV had a great selection of channels. There aren't a lot of food options near this hotel, unless you like Jewish food or Dave and Busters. We drove all the way to the Hard Rock, and then back to Federal Highway in search of food, and could only find two fast food restaurants, and a buffet in the mall near the hotel. We used the Best Western order Inn service, and the food was AMAZING! It was an okay hotel, but a little bit expensive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Naisha B, Front Office Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 20, 2013
Dear Amanda G:

Thank you for taking your time to review our property. I apologize that the door in your bathroom was not working properly, we already had our maintenance team check the door so it does not happen again with a future guest. We do appreciate your business and hope you return in the future. Please feel free to contact me personally if you need anything else. We will see you again this weekend!!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#38 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,124 reviews
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!