BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
“Week End Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great breakfast spread, staff in my opinion could be a bit more friendly. Having said that they are however very helpful. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable. Good location for shoppers, there a shopping plaza within walking distance

• 4 of 5 stars
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Ian700:

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the cleanliness of our rooms, our staff and location . We are glad you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet. We look forward to being able to serve you again in the future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Jacksonville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

My family of over 100 booked rooms at this hotel for our annual family reunion, and the result was somewhat disappointing. Another family was permitted to steal our food from our welcome party--before most of us even arrived! The accommodations were average with clean rooms although it took a while to figure out how to work the window curtains for privacy. For summer travelers, the pool was too tiny! The hot and cold options breakfast, small fitness center, and the Internet access room were the only perks about this hotel which is several miles away from local restaurants and shopping. Sadly, my cousin's car was stripped in the parking lot, and an ID theft predator called our room claiming to be management. My aunt told me she found a better deal a few miles away at another hotel, and I really wished I had stayed there instead.

Room Tip: The higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank Vee12N
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Vee12N:

We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service during your recent stay with us with your family reunion. We would like to know which family reunion you were under. This is not typical of our usual I Care program in our property, and we are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience. Please contact me at 954-926-7300 so I can research your situation and retrain the team in how to handle special requests properly. We hope you will come back and stay with us again the next time you are in the area so we may show you the quality service you expect and deserve.

Burlington, North Carolina, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Hotel is well maintained, clean and staff is friendly. Located off Interstate, but rooms are quite and comfortable. Breakfast is quite good with the exception of the instant coffee (frozen concentrated) provided.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Dear Gary S:

It is always great to hear how well our staff takes care of our guests. We are glad you arrived safe and experienced a warm welcome. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to our front desk, maintenance and breakfast staff. We hope to see you and your family again very soon. Happy travels.

Land O Lakes, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times. I like staying here. Good employees, especially Carolyn at the front desk. The bed is always comfortable, the room is always clean. There is a pool and work out room, if I am so inclined. It's close to where I need to go and always a good price. Good work space with plenty of outlets and an adjustable chair. Enough coffee for me to make in the morning in my room and always a good selection for breakfast. It's better if you go down early before it fills up. Free internet. I LIKE THIS HOTEL, the employees hear me say it every time. Maybe one day my stay will be for pleasure and not for work.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dear RochelleP692:

Thank you for your kind review. Our location always wins the hearts of our guests. We are happy to hear you were able to enjoy our service, rooms, amenities and facilities. We look forward to seeing you again for your next area visit.

Harlem, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel. It was great for the price we received. Clean and great service. It had everything we wanted in a hotel stay: close to everything, mostly interstate. Free internet and breakfast. It had a work out room and pool, both to which I had planned to use but we made more stops on the way down and ran out of relaxing time to do. We were in an updated room which was nice. It was a bit older than I had thought but was very nice. We would use this hotel again.

1 Thank TeresaCallahan
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 22, 2013
Dear TeresaCallahan:

It is refreshing to hear how much you enjoyed our friendly, smiling team and our attention to detail. The team works hard to keep the property clean and inviting. We are glad you were able to enjoy our hot and cold deluxe breakfast buffet. Thank you for your recommendation and taking your time to review our property. We look forward to your return.

Fallon, Nevada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

First let me say that our stay at this Best Western was very nice. We stayed there on the 08/30/13 & 09/14/13. Both times the staff was friendly and very helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable. However, on 09/14/13, at the end of our vacation, when we checked in, I asked the Office Manager Naisha Becerra, who was working the desk along with two other personnel, if we could store our fish, that we had caught on our Fish On Charter, in their freezer. I showed her our small hand carried cooler( 10in w x 7in h x 4in w ) with 3 frozen fillets each wrapped in separate freezer bags and two frozen ice packs.. Ms. Becerra said she wasn't sure but that she "was afraid it might contaminate the other food in the freezer". I assured her that it would not and also that in over 7 years of staying at Best Western hotels we were never denied freezer space for our frozen fish which we always return home with. She said that our room would have a refrigerator with a freezer and that she was sure the fish would fit in. I mentioned that those freezers are all open at both ends and that the freeze level is not low enough to keep the fish frozen for a 12 hour trip back to Reno, Nv. The BW company freezer is set at a lower freezing level and would be much better. Ms. Becerra was not moved, so we headed to our room and was able to cram our fish in the small freezer space of our small room refrigerator. The two essential ice packs would not fit. The answer to our problem was Ms Becerra had a worker bring up another refrigerator for the 2 ice packs. When we left, our fish was frozen, however when we boarded our flight in Salt Lake City for Reno, the fish were half thawed as I predicted. Thanks to a super Flight Attendant, who gave us enough ice for our cooler, we were able to make it to Reno where our Airport Plaza Best Western folks were glad to put our fish in their personal break room freezer.
I believe that additional training is necessary for Ms. Becerra so that she might understand better the chances of something being contaminated from frozen fish in a closed cooler.

2 Thank NevadadbaBrew
Dear NevadaBrew:

Thank you for sharing your comments about our property. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff. I do apologize about the challenges with the freezer arrangement. Again, thank you for sharing your comments and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night & wish I could have stayed longer! My room was huge, it felt like 2 rooms in 1. My King sized bed was soooo comfortable, I wish I could have slept in it more! The entire room was clean, the staff was friendly and it was a quick 10 minute drive to the airport. I wasn't able to try the free breakfast in the morning but wow - eggs, bacon, sausage, oatmeal, waffles...you name it, they had it available. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area, you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank depechegirl02
Naisha B, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear depechegirl02:

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and comfortableness on our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed our service and location. Wish you would have tried out hot and cold deluxe breakfast. We strive to create a home away from home experience for all of our guests and it is great to hear that you enjoyed it. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#36 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 946 reviews
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!