Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Dania Beach
Lexington, Kentucky
“Another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

Stayed at this property for the second time. First time was dec 2012. Check in was easy. They are a very busy hotel so don't expect to get a room before 3pm. Also because they are very busy some areas show heavy traffic wear and tear. This is to be expected at heavy use hotels. Everything was clean, the bedding was very comfy! Pillows were good, blankets not too heavy, air conditioner not too noisey, and there was a nice night light in the bathroom on the hair dryer. Desk person was pleasant and efficient even though a guest was demanding to change rooms because of hallway carpet condition on the third floor. He said yes ma'am, one moment, and tried to accommodate her. Our room was on the 6th floor, hallway carpet looked new but needed to be swept. Our carpet in room showed wear and dirt but it was not bad really at all. Just expected at a heavy use property. Will stay again. Breakfast area is busy.

Room Tip: Ask for room on back side if highway traffic will bother you. Beds are true queens. Ok for 2 ppl.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Dsegrera1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Dear Kentucky Peeps:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 954-926-7300.

BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (174)
Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

We stayed here two nights before a cruise and one night after and I have no qualms about returning. Every staff member was helpful and friendly. The rooms were both clean and good-sized. One was on ground floor, and one on 4th. The one on 4th, could have used a new bathtub/shower, but that was our only issue. Internet worked fine everywhere. We used our iPads in both rooms and the lobby without problems.

The breakfast was a typical one, yogurt, oatmeal, cold cereal and a fruit cup kept us going until lunch.

Our flight left at 6:00 am, so we took a taxi for $20. The hotel did not have shuttles going at 4:30. Next time we'll use the hotel recommended transportation for $25, as it took two phone calls from the front desk to finally get a taxi to show up.
The beds were extremely comfortable and the bedding was exquisite, fine cotton.

Not much for restaurants within walking distance, but many places deliver. Or $10 taxi to Bass Pro Shop, where there's an Islamorada restaurant and lots of entertainment.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MJLAlberta_Canada

Vernon Hills, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We booked four rooms for a one night stay over before a cruise out of Port Everglades on a Saturday. While I had read the somewhat mixed reviews before booking, I felt that most of them were from those expecting five star accommodations on a three star budget. I think I was right.
We checked in around 5:30 or so and (my only disappointment) was told by the clerk that our rooms could have been cancelled because there was no credit card on file with the booking I had made on line. I was told I should have called the hotel directly to confirm an online reservation; that was a new one on me and I still think it was BS.
Now for the good part: the rooms were clean and spacious enough--except for one. Our son and his two children failed to tell us about a horrible smell in their room until it was too late to do anything about it. I complained to the front desk the next morning and was told the manager was not available but to call back. Obviously, boarding a cruise ship put limits on that! However, to cut the story short, the manager not only took care of the issue to our satisfaction, she also told us that the maintenance program has been enhanced and the hallway carpeting and tile near the elevator bank have been replaced (there was evidence of sloppy guests while we were there) and wanted us to come back for a personal apology. Since we don't plan a return anytime soon, we'll have to take a pass on the offer. Nonetheless, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the hotel, and the Cuban restaurant across the street. Amazing food.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Dsegrera1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Sept 16:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By telling us what you liked in our property renovations and how we improved the carpets, you are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

To make it short, the hotel is OK as long as you do not require access to the Internet.
Their WIFI connectivity is outright useless. Having to get dressed to send mail from the corridor as signal levels do not allow you to do the job from inside the room is not an option for me. 4 routers visible at the lobby with none of them allowing you to connect is not helpful either.
Having to reconnect every couple of minutes (if at all possible) is not what I am looking for.
You make your pick but I will select another Best Western hotel next time.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Mr. Heinz

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations with the WiFi connection in the rooms. We are still working in our access points. Your satisfaction is important to us and we have been using your feedback that you gave us to improvement our connectivity and to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 954-926-7300.

Pacific NW
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

My family and I stayed here for one night before departing on a cruise from Port Everglades in Fort Lauderdale.

The Good:
1. The people are nice and helpful
2. The lobby was reasonably clean
3. The continental breakfast had several options and was reasonable food (for a free hotel breakfast).
4. There is a $10 shuttle to Port Everglades for cruisers

The Bad:
5. I found the hotel rooms to be rather unkept (particularly the carpets). The hallways were simply gross carpet.
6. The hotel is along the highway and the lights were bothersome.
7. The refrigerator in our room didn't work worth a darn.

Bottom Line:
It will get you through a night on your way to a cruise ship (or anywhere else), but I wouldn't plan to spent more than an evening here.

Room Tip: Avoid the 3rd floor. The laundry machines are there and the floors are gross.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Dsegrera1, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Dear nwlumsdens05:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations with our facilities. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with a superior experience. W eve already renovated all of our carpeting in the hallways and added new tiles in our lobby areas. We have been training and hiring staff to accommodate our guest needs in the property.

DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I just recently stayed at this hotel for a one night stay. The room cost was $100 with taxes and fees (booked on Hotwire). The hotel looks pretty nice on the outside and the lobby area was clean. A very friendly woman checked me in and gave me a room on the third floor. I got in the room and went to use the bathroom and the toilet did not work. So, I requested another room and the woman at the front desk gave me another room that was on the fourth floor. It was a bit of an inconvience because I arrived late, but not a big deal. The room was clean for the most part, and everything worked properly. The only complaint I had was the hallway areas, they were filthy and there was a bit of a distinct smell in the hallways that was odd. It did appear that the hotel is undergoing a renovation, and I would agree, the hotel lacks clean carpets in the hallways. (they were dirty on both the third and fourth floors). From 7-10am a free buffet breakfast was served. Good food overall--there were eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, etc. (everything you'd expect). There were plenty of places to sit at 9am when I was there.

Overall, this was a very good place to stay for a night and for a place to crash. It was just an average Best Western, not bad, but not outstanding, just average.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Robertoluvsaz:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We finally finished renovating all of our hallway carpeting and tiles in our lobby areas. Thank you for telling us what you liked about our breakfast variety and about your stay. You are helping us deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Cheyenne, Wyoming
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

After a long day of flying, the wife and I stayed at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly and we were able to immediately check in, no hassle. The lobby was clean and very nice, but the hallways to our room, not so much. There seemed to be a lot of water damage to the carpeting and walls, so it figures they were renovating the sixth floor and probably planning to work their way down. The room itself was gorgeous! Very spacious, comfy bed, and big bathroom. Overall, quite the pleasant one night stay!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear stayfrosty87:

We just wanted to take this time to personally thank you for filling out the survey for your recent visit to Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South. Your opinion is very important to us. Well definitely let our staff know, what a great job we are doing in our property. We are constantly striving to make the best guest experiences and thank you for your comments. If there is anything else that you did not mention in the survey that you feel would create an even greater guest experience, please let us know. Again thank you for your valuable time and we look forward to having another opportunity to Wow you in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN  Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
BEST WESTERN Fort Lauderdale Ai...
#36 of 135 in Fort Lauderdale
4.0 of 5 stars 945 reviews
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
Quality Inn & Suites Airport / Cruise Port South
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!