Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 20 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed February 12, 2012

All things considering the area and for the hotel class it was a decent stay. The room was clean and comfortable. the area was great-close to the highway (right at the highway) shopping and eateries around the corner-The pool area was cool...
Flat screen TV but DO NOT expect to be able to hook up any video (HDMI, Video, etc) to it as there are no ports for it..

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to review our property, we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Shuttle was suppose to pick us up at airport. One hour and several phone calls later, still no shuttle. Just stand by the pickup spot and smell the diesel and gas fumes. What happened? This Best Western was using an outside contractor to pickup people IN AN UNMARKED WHITE VAN. The van would stop but the driver did not get out. He would then leave. This happened several times until the hotel figured out what was happening and gave him a paper sign and told him to stop AND GET OUT OF THE VAN AND LET PEOPLE KNOW WHICH HOTEL HE WAS WITH.

Once at the hotel and unpacked tried to use the free wifi. It didn't work. I went down to the lobby to get a password and that's when I found out the wifi doesn't work in certain rooms--- and we had one of those rooms. I was told we could move ourselves to another room WHERE THE INTERNET MIGHT WORK. No thanks. But I was told it does work in the lobby. Nope. It still didn't work in the lobby. I asked again at the front desk. I was then told I WASN'T SITTING IN THE RIGHT CHAIR IN THE LOBBY. I HAD TO MOVE 10 FEET TO A DIFFERENT CHAIR AND THEN WIFI SIGNAL COULD BE FOUND.

We were offered nothing for our clear inconvenience. You have other hotel options in the area. I would use them.

3  Thank MABKAB

Reading your review I see you had some major issues with shuttle and internet. The hotel does use a outside service when in its busy season but that is no excuse and the internet is currenlty being worked on. I will however bring the comments to managements attention. Thanks for taking the time to fill out the review and for staying with us.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

We stayed in this hotel the night before a cruise. The price was decent and the room was clean. No serious complaints. The check-in process was a bit chaotic, and the hotel could not let us have our room even though we arrived only 45 minutes before their (late) check in time of 3pm. Front desk staff were quite rude.

Did not take advantage of the free breakfast because it ends too early in the morning to be really useful to anyone that likes to sleep in just a bit. Breakfast ends at 9am.

Very close (walking distance) to good pre-cruise shopping at Oakwood Plaza (this is not a great plaza, but it has a decent selection if you forgot to pack anything). Stores include BJs (liquor store), an Old Navy and a K Mart. Again, not stellar shopping, but okay if you need a couple of T-Shirts, some sun block, and a couple bottles of booze to smuggle onto your cruise. :)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

I was surprised to read that you had a issue with the Front Desk Staff, I will make sure I pass this along to the management team along with the concern about the breakfast hours. Thanks for taking the time to feel out a review and for staying with us.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

Two of us stayed at the hotel for one night prior to taking a cruise from Port Everglades. We paid $89.99 plus taxes but noted that if we have left the reservation later the same room would have been $200+. The hotel is very close to the airport, but not that easy to find using our GPS (Garmin) which gave us incorrect information. Check in was fine as was check out, staff were friendly and polite. The room was quite large but the bathroom was very small in comparison. The beds and sheets etc were comfortable and new(ish).

The two elevators are very small for the number of floors/rooms. The carpets all need replacing badly both in the corridors and in our room. The “free” breakfast was OK, but it was like a rugby scrum, too many people not enough space and the “dining” area was laid out very badly – getting to anything was a real problem. The two ladies who worked here were very efficient and polite, I don’t know how they did it.

This hotel was not bad but I’m pleased we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

First thanks for the review, sorry to hear you only found the stay ok but I will make sure the comments about the breakfast and carpet are brought to managements attention.

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed here one night before making the drive to Key West in the morning. The rooms were new, very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable! The complimentary breakfast in the morning was also a nice treat before we hit the road!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

The staff would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay with us, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed January 15 for one night post cruise. Arrived at the hotel at 11:00 a.m. hoping on the slim chance there might be a room available. At that time there were many guests checking out and using a shuttle to the port. No rooms were available; however, we went on the list for any availability at 1:00 p.m. The front desk staff did offer to store our luggage until check-in, but since we had a rental car this was not necessary. The staff on the front desk were pleasant in spite of a lobby full of people.
On our return a room was available and we checked in. Room/bathroom was clean, coffee maker/fridge/microwave in room. We used the internet in room but the PC had to be moved around to catch the signal. The beds were comfortable and although we had a room facing the I95, were able to sleep in spite of a muted road noise. The A/C fan seemed to run continuously which in retrospect is good due to the highway. Lots of parking at hotel which is located off the Sterling Rd exit from the I95.
Our flight was at 7:50 a.m. from FLL and we had a quick bite from the breakfast which was open at 6:00 a.m. on the Monday morning. There was an adequate selection of eggs, bacon, sausage, make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, coffee and more.
Overall, a clean quiet property near the airport and cruise port, friendly staff and I would have no hesitation to stay here again when in the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

We are glad to read you had a nice time while staying with us and enjoyed your experience with our staff and hotel.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I picked this hotel based on the proximity to the airport. I booked one night pre cruise and the 2nd night post cruise. For the price I paid, it was definately not worth it. I booked this hotel through our perks program at work, which saved me a total of $23.00 for both nights over the best western web site. I booked a king suite, smoking room with a whirlpool. When I arrived, we were unable to check in early, so we dropped our bags that they stored for us and headed across the street to their mall, (which was the only redemming quality of the hotel). When we got back and checked in, we got our room. It was a smoking, king suite with no whirlpool (not that it was a big deal, but I did pay for it). So I went to the front desk and asked if there was a mistake in the room assignment. I was told since I booked it outside their website, they only needed to honor a king suite, and there was none available. No offer of compensation, went up to the room, the tv didn't work, the phone didn't work and the bathtub was filthy. Once again went down to the front desk and they did send someone up eventually. Could not get out of this place fast enough. Unfortunately, I did not have time to rebook something for my return, so I knew what to expect. Definately not worth the money, go anywhere else. The hallways have huge stains on them, definately showing wear. The continental breakfast was ok, nothing great, but did offer cereal and breads. Their hot choices were terrible. Overall, when I asked an employee anything, all they could basically say was "I speak no English". Didn't get anywhere with the front desk. This hotel soured me from staying at any Best Western's again, but I would highly recommend staying somewhere else. I maybe wouldn't of been so angry at this whole thing, if they didn't blame me for booking this outside their website, or even offered some compensation or even made sure that upon my return I was given the suite I booked. When I returned I got the same suite, just across the hall. Didn't bother to complain, wasn't worth my time, but I can share how awful it was. The shuttle was on time the first time we stayed, the 2nd time, we waited an 1 1/2 hr for us to be picked up. Checkin is slow, only 2 people at desk, understand very little english and not friendly.

Room Tip: Don't book through a 3rd party