“Please replace the carpets”

Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites
Ranked #16 of 22 Hotels in Dania Beach
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Two of us stayed at the hotel for one night prior to taking a cruise from Port Everglades. We paid $89.99 plus taxes but noted that if we have left the reservation later the same room would have been $200+. The hotel is very close to the airport, but not that easy to find using our GPS (Garmin) which gave us incorrect information. Check in was fine as was check out, staff were friendly and polite. The room was quite large but the bathroom was very small in comparison. The beds and sheets etc were comfortable and new(ish).

The two elevators are very small for the number of floors/rooms. The carpets all need replacing badly both in the corridors and in our room. The “free” breakfast was OK, but it was like a rugby scrum, too many people not enough space and the “dining” area was laid out very badly – getting to anything was a real problem. The two ladies who worked here were very efficient and polite, I don’t know how they did it.

This hotel was not bad but I’m pleased we only stayed one night.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2012

First thanks for the review, sorry to hear you only found the stay ok but I will make sure the comments about the breakfast and carpet are brought to managements attention.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,429)

Reviewed February 2, 2012

We stayed here one night before making the drive to Key West in the morning. The rooms were new, very clean and the beds were extremely comfortable! The complimentary breakfast in the morning was also a nice treat before we hit the road!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends

The staff would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay with us, we are very happy to hear you enjoyed it.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

We stayed January 15 for one night post cruise. Arrived at the hotel at 11:00 a.m. hoping on the slim chance there might be a room available. At that time there were many guests checking out and using a shuttle to the port. No rooms were available; however, we went on the list for any availability at 1:00 p.m. The front desk staff did offer to store our luggage until check-in, but since we had a rental car this was not necessary. The staff on the front desk were pleasant in spite of a lobby full of people.
On our return a room was available and we checked in. Room/bathroom was clean, coffee maker/fridge/microwave in room. We used the internet in room but the PC had to be moved around to catch the signal. The beds were comfortable and although we had a room facing the I95, were able to sleep in spite of a muted road noise. The A/C fan seemed to run continuously which in retrospect is good due to the highway. Lots of parking at hotel which is located off the Sterling Rd exit from the I95.
Our flight was at 7:50 a.m. from FLL and we had a quick bite from the breakfast which was open at 6:00 a.m. on the Monday morning. There was an adequate selection of eggs, bacon, sausage, make your own waffles, yogurt, cereal, fruit, coffee and more.
Overall, a clean quiet property near the airport and cruise port, friendly staff and I would have no hesitation to stay here again when in the Fort Lauderdale area.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
bwbridgeport, Property Revenue Manager at Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2012

We are glad to read you had a nice time while staying with us and enjoyed your experience with our staff and hotel.

Reviewed January 29, 2012

I picked this hotel based on the proximity to the airport. I booked one night pre cruise and the 2nd night post cruise. For the price I paid, it was definately not worth it. I booked this hotel through our perks program at work, which saved me a total of $23.00 for both nights over the best western web site. I booked a king suite, smoking room with a whirlpool. When I arrived, we were unable to check in early, so we dropped our bags that they stored for us and headed across the street to their mall, (which was the only redemming quality of the hotel). When we got back and checked in, we got our room. It was a smoking, king suite with no whirlpool (not that it was a big deal, but I did pay for it). So I went to the front desk and asked if there was a mistake in the room assignment. I was told since I booked it outside their website, they only needed to honor a king suite, and there was none available. No offer of compensation, went up to the room, the tv didn't work, the phone didn't work and the bathtub was filthy. Once again went down to the front desk and they did send someone up eventually. Could not get out of this place fast enough. Unfortunately, I did not have time to rebook something for my return, so I knew what to expect. Definately not worth the money, go anywhere else. The hallways have huge stains on them, definately showing wear. The continental breakfast was ok, nothing great, but did offer cereal and breads. Their hot choices were terrible. Overall, when I asked an employee anything, all they could basically say was "I speak no English". Didn't get anywhere with the front desk. This hotel soured me from staying at any Best Western's again, but I would highly recommend staying somewhere else. I maybe wouldn't of been so angry at this whole thing, if they didn't blame me for booking this outside their website, or even offered some compensation or even made sure that upon my return I was given the suite I booked. When I returned I got the same suite, just across the hall. Didn't bother to complain, wasn't worth my time, but I can share how awful it was. The shuttle was on time the first time we stayed, the 2nd time, we waited an 1 1/2 hr for us to be picked up. Checkin is slow, only 2 people at desk, understand very little english and not friendly.

Room Tip: Don't book through a 3rd party
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank spriteboy

I am very sorry to read about your bad experience with our property, I will make sure and pass all of the information along to our management time I would also recommend you give the hotel a call and talk with one of them about this experience.

Reviewed January 28, 2012

I have stayed multiple times at this Best Western. Convenient, secure parking lot. Nice rooms, friendly staff.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

First thanks for the review about your stay and thanks for it being a return vist. I will pass along your comments to the staff.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed for one night. Entrance is almost on interstate 95 and hard to get to. Hotel was full and only 2 people at the front desk. Internet is slow (it comes in better in a WIFI rest area!) almost useless. Room was quiet and continental breakfast was OK.

Room Tip: Ask to be opposite interstate
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the review about your stay with us. I will pass it along to our staff.

Reviewed January 20, 2012

Dont hesitate to stay here! It is a very basic hotel, but it is clean and the service is excellent. The bedding seemed shoddy, but I actually had a decent night sleep. The morning free buffet is typical. Again what sets it apart is the cleanliness and service. The hotel rates were inexpensive and we were staying for one night. I would do it again. Not fancy, no high end toiletries or linens. Basic, clean, good service.

• Stayed: January 2012

Thanks for taking the time to fill out a review about your stay with us and that you enjoyed the service you received from our staff.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dania Beach
Cambria Hotel & Suites Fort Lauderdale, Airport South & Cruise Port
3 mi away
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport/Cruise Port
Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdal...
#38 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Hilton Garden Inn Ft. Lauderdale Airport-Cruise Port
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South
HYATT house Fort Lauderdale Airport & Cruise Port
Comfort Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South & Cruise Port

Been to Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!