I stayed at this hotel for one night in December 2011. I had chosen this hotel for it's price and proximity to the airport, and that it had a free shuttle service to/from FLL. I called the hotel from the airport and they indicated the shuttle would be around in 15-20 mins. The shuttle arrived promptly, but it was about an hour getting back to the hotel (Mid-afternoon on Friday). With hundreds of cruise passengers arriving and being picked up by various hotel shuttles from the same location, one word comes to mind: Chaos.
The hotel shuttles will normally stop at each terminal to pick up passengers, so if you get on at Terminal 1, then you'll probably be waiting the longest. Our driver stopped at each terminal and appeared to ask each passenger if they wanted the Best Western. (The bus is clearly marked...) When he didn't have all the passengers he was expecting, he felt it necessary to go around the airport again until he had enough people on board, rather than making a second trip. With the bus overcrowded and luggage piled throughout after 2 trips around the airport, we made the 5 minute ride to the hotel. (total time on shuttle: 60 minutes)
Next time, I'll be taking a taxi, or considering a different hotel.
Check in at the hotel was surprisingly fast, considering there were about a dozen people in line, all dropped off by the shuttle. The driver could certainly learn about efficiency from the front desk staff. The room was considered a king suite, but was more like a large room with king bed and sofabed. There was no partition that separated the bedroom from a 'living' room, but there was still lots of space, and it had a microwave, mini-fridge and small sink/counter area. The decor was nice and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was clean and well-lit. Overall, an excellent room. There's an outdoor pool, about 15m or 45ft long, but no hot tub. It was cool in temperature, as I would guess it was not heated, but then again-it was December. There are several fast food restaurants within walking distance, and some sit-down ones as well, including the Moonlite Diner just beyond K-mart in the strip mall on the other side of the freeway. (Yes, I ate there-good food, fast service.)
The complimentary self-serve breakfast in the morning was good, with all the standard continental items (toast, cereal, yogurt, fruit, etc. and coffee/tea/juice) as well as an extensive selection of other items including pastries, waffles and other hot items like sausages and scrambled eggs (not cooked to order.) Being a Saturday morning, the breakfast area was very busy at 7am, and even more crowded around 9am when I checked out. Checkout was also fast and the front desk staff had me on my way quickly. Luckily I didn't need the hotel shuttle to take me back to the airport...
I would stay here again, but would consider the cost of a cab and time saved vs. the inconvenience of the free shuttle.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stay at the brand new Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport hotel with easy access to the Port Everglades Cruise Port and Broward Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Best Western, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone and TripOnline SA so you can book your Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Hotel Dania Beach
- Best Western Plus Fort Lauderdale Airport South Inn And Suites