“Not Impressed”
Review of Don & Sal's Italian Restaurant - CLOSED

Don & Sal's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not Impressed”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Food was not good; place is small; staff had an attitude. I believe that the restaurant has since closed its doors. After tasting the food, I am not surprised

Visited March 2013
Sal S, Owner at Don & Sal's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. Unfortunately, I have been and will be away from the restaurant for a few months. Im very sorry to hear about your experience, we had a temporary chef that apparently didnt meet our standards that has been substituted for one of our previous chef's. We hope that you can give us another try and be as pleased as all our other customers are.

Ft. Lauderdale
“The Best Pizza in Town!!!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had dinner in the restaurant and remember the service to be great and the regular menu items to be ok (I think I ordered chicken parm). However, my boyfriend and I ordered pizza delivery the other night and almost did a happy dance. We will only ever order our pizza from this place again. In fact, I'm ordering one tonight!

• Visited May 2013
Sal S, Owner at Don & Sal's Italian Restaurant, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you soon at the restaurant!
Bellingham, Washington
“Delicious food served by friendly people”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

This was our second visit to Don and Sal's, and we enjoyed it as much as our first. We were a bit early on a weekday, so there was no wait. The gnocchi with Bolognese sauce was delicious and enough for two, and my husband loved his baked ziti. This place strikes me as a family owned restaurant where locals eat all the time, yet they are very welcoming to visitors. We were treated like we drop in every week, instead of once a year. We'll be back!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank 2_Travelers_in_Life
Thank you for taking time to write such a nice review. We hope to see you in the restaurant when you come back to visit!
Melbourne, Florida
“Pizza”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Back in April I was headed for some Chinese Food in the same plaza as Don and Sal's. Decided to go there instead and check out the operation. Walked in, greeted with a smile and offered assistance immediately. I ordered a pizza to go. Very, very, good pizza. Have had nothing else yet off there menu but I am gonna try it for something else soon. Place is clean too. Always a plus! Coming from NY and an Italian back round the pie was perfect.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank RalphAndradez
Thank you for the review! We hope you stop in sometime and try our other menu items. We love to see locals!
Fredericton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Delicious!”
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

We ate here on a whim, having arrived in Ft. lauderdale after a long flight...in a party of 8. The food was delicious! We all loved it and enjoyed our time spent there. A little pricy, but probably to be expected for the area. The only bad thing was that the waitress grouped our meal (yes, all 8 adult friends...3 couples and 2 friends) all together on one bill...I'm assuming to get a better tip. Anyways, bit of a mess trying to get that cleared up after dinner. So, be sure to explain while ordering who is with who lol. Anyhow, food was delightful and made for a great evening :)

Visited April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We're happy to hear that you enjoyed your dinner and had a great time. Sorry about the "split bill" situation. Hopefully it was resolved to your satisfaction. Please come back and visit us again!