“This place is amazing”

The Field Irish Pub & Eatery
Ranked #2 of 78 Restaurants in Dania Beach
Cuisines: American, Irish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“This place is amazing”
Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

As my title says , this place is amazing, it's quirky and charming features outiside and in with a touch of Irish charm, we went on a Wednesday night for the food and entertainment of Rod Stewart tribute act , what a blast I had , the place was buzzing when we went in, waiters for superb and efficient , skipped starters and went for the mains, I had shepards pie and onion rings as a side , my partner had meatloaf , my other parties had burgers and fries and there was a fish dish aswell, when i say i DID NOT want to finish this I mean it , it was Devine, bursting with flavours and portion sizes where just perfect , the onion rings where light and crispy and very little grease on them, the other members of my party ate all leaving nothing on their plates , over all the food was amazing , service was excellent , great menue options , would have loving to have gone back a second night on my visit in lauderdale , now for the entertainment , I have never laughed as much from start to finish , "Rod" was such a performer who looked and sounded like Rod Stewart himself, there was a double take done at one stage , this man also reigns from Glasgow so he has the charming accent to match , couldn't of asked for a better evening , cannot wait to visit here again

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Excellent Food, Drinks and Atmosphere!”
Reviewed October 30, 2013

We have been going to The Field for years, but last night's experience compelled me to extoll its virtues to TripAdvisor land. The Field is a comfortable restaurant and pub, with authentic Irish food and drinks, prepared properly by Irish chefs and bartenders. On this visit, I had a delicious Prime Rib dinner, which was flavorful and tender, expertly prepared. My wife had the Dolphin Francese (hardly authentic Irish, I know), which was delicious as well. Our server was attentive and attractive, and kept our beverages replenished as often as necessary.

The Field has live music Tuesday through Saturday, and Tuesday's are a real treat. An excellent Beatles tribute band, 2 of Us, has been playing there for several years now. They always draw a crowd, and they are excellent.

I highly recommend The Field.

• Visited October 2013
palm beach county
“Loud but fun”
Reviewed October 30, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This is a tough one to review.3 1/2 stars. Perhaps not a fair one since I don't like beer, am not crazy about Irish music (it ain't U-2!) and Irish food is uninspiring. That being said, this is a fun place. The noise level on a Fri night was jet runway level. Had to scream the entire night to "converse" with those nearby. We were a group of 11 so it was hand signals to those on the other end of the table.

The servers are friendly and are skillfully able to handle the large crowd. I went with a fellow Yelpers advice and had corned beef and cabbage. Usually only a once a year deal for me. Must say it was outstanding. So tender and not salty. Loved the whole grain mustard on the side. Very few wine offerings but what did I expect? Decent Ravenswood zin and Mark West Pinot Noir.

Not a date night place but definitely a good place to meet friends.

Visited October 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing service, great food and entertainment!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

We have been going to The Field off and on for 10 years. Last night we experienced the best service we have ever had in any restaurant anywhere ever! Kara was amazing. She made perfect menu suggestions, she actually knew all about the menu, ingredients, preparation, etc. She was spot on with her service and delightfully engaging. Our food is always good, at The Field, but last night Kara made the whole experience new, fresh and special. Love The Field and especially Kara!

• Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Great Taste of Ireland!”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Great atmosphere, very good food, excellent prices, good service, plenty of parking (they have an extra lot within walking distance) and they take reservations. Don't be put off by the way it looks from the outside - take a look inside, you will be happy.

The entertainment is great, there is a Beatles night and a Rod Steward night, both are excellent, very professional artists and they have an Irish band at the weekend. If you want to sit somewhere quieter there is a snug, which is very cosy.

They have a great bar, with really good draught Guiness!

This is about as close to Ireland as you are going to get in sunny tropical Florida!

• Visited September 2013